turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Quick question.  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Shinigami

Quick question.
«: January 13, 2009, 05:10:10 PM»
Alright so - On my old account on Subeta, I commisioned art of my pets. But now that I no longer use that account, and don't own the pets anymore, their designs are just rotting. I thought of maybe selling the designs, but I wasn't sure about this. Do I have to get permission from the people who drew the pictures of my pets, even though the designs are mine?

Offline Azula

Re: Quick question.
«Reply #1: January 13, 2009, 05:19:07 PM»
aren't those "pets" the ones that you used that shitty subeta avatar generator to create..?

Offline Shinigami

«Reply #2: January 13, 2009, 05:25:08 PM»
No. These were characters that I wrote text descriptions for, so the first person I commisioned got a basis as to what I wanted.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #3: January 13, 2009, 05:42:11 PM»
did you transfer the design of the pets or just the pets?

Offline Shinigami

«Reply #4: January 13, 2009, 05:46:56 PM»
I never transfered the pets or designs - The account was frozen, along with the pets. Apparently you're not allowed to complain about something if someone else has already complained about it. I have all the art for the designs saved on my computer, as well as a private photobucket.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #5: January 13, 2009, 05:58:47 PM»
oh.. wait I GET IT. i thought you gave the pets to someone else or something lol.
idk, it's one of those opinionated type things. some people will say 'ask the artist', others will say 'it's your art, you paid for it, you can do whatever you want'. best thing is to ask the artist so they don't get offended or something.

Offline Shinigami

«Reply #6: January 13, 2009, 06:10:17 PM»
Nono, got b&.
And I would have asked originally, but that's the problem. I don't have contact with the artists anymore. I don't know their dAs, and when I made a new account on Subeta to find them, I couldn't.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #7: January 19, 2009, 09:10:55 PM»
Its really an either way type of thing. Personally, I would just hang onto them.

Offline raider56k

«Reply #8: January 22, 2009, 02:12:35 PM»
Maybe you can find a friend willing to draw a new one for free.

anything