turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: i need yo pricing skillz  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Miserable

i need yo pricing skillz
«: January 15, 2009, 08:41:34 PM»
but you can critique if you want,
SO I HAD THIS NICE BIG COLLAGE OF ALL OF MY 6 RECENT WORKS AND THEY GOT JPG MOLESTED-
CHECK MY GALLERY PLZ, AND OR www.wasteday.deviantart. com

i see ports for 5 washingtons for less quality in my opinion? do you think i have enough to raise
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:15:31 AM by Miserable »

Offline Morgan

Re: critique/pricing
«Reply #1: January 15, 2009, 08:59:02 PM»
please for the love of christ work on hands.

they look like baby octopi and while baby octopi are fucking adorable, i would not want one attached to the end of my wrist.

Offline Miserable

«Reply #2: January 15, 2009, 09:02:26 PM»
lol hahahahah
Alright :) Just for you<33

IPGD

«Reply #3: January 15, 2009, 09:12:26 PM»
please for the love of christ work on hands.

they look like baby octopi and while baby octopi are fucking adorable, i would not want one attached to the end of my wrist.
This.

The hand's height should be about the same size as the face, and the width should be about half the size of the face. If you place the bottom edge of your palm on your chin, your middle finger should touch your hairline. The knuckles begin at the nose and the palm ends in the middle of the eyes. While some people might have slightly smaller or larger hands (or receeded hairlines), this is the average proportion.

Also, obligatory copypasta in sig (ignore the animu part and just read the book recommendations)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:14:47 PM by IPGD »

Offline Miserable

«Reply #4: January 15, 2009, 09:14:03 PM»
Thanks next port with hands I'll certainly keep that in mind.

Offline Miserable

Re: Pricing mainly,
«Reply #5: January 27, 2009, 09:26:34 PM»
yano

Offline Violet Hawk

«Reply #6: February 03, 2009, 01:27:52 AM»
No critique from me. <3 You wanted pricing, that's what I'll give ya =p

I don't think $5 for one of your ports is unreasonable. Personally, I see people with a lot less skill selling their for much more. So. You're good. <3

Offline Glory

«Reply #7: February 05, 2009, 07:11:37 PM»
The shading of the arms are a bit... lacking. They have shading that proposes they are like plastic pipes, when in truth you should have some muscle definition showing even if it is female.
On the first and third, the busts are a bit off too I may point out. They seem flat, but then contradict themselves by having the full on 'Y' shape between them which suggests they are larger or pressed together so they seem larger.
Got to agree with the hands comment also. Hands are complicated, but you really should master them since none of your portraits are only profile shots.
I got to say I actually like the hair shading style on that second/middle one. The third one however looks a bit off, your scribble shading seems to suggest hair is starting from places where hair should be falling to not starting there.
Ties into the bust issue a bit, but again the first and third's tops/clothing do not look snug at all when they probably should be considering these look like tight, slimming clothes.

I don't believe in the "Well, others are charging more than me and are worse off so I should charge more." Though price like you believe your portraits to be worth is my saying. Though 5 GD/portrait space is probably as high as you'll want to go till you fix the above mentioned errors.

Offline Miserable

Re: i need yo pricing skillz
«Reply #8: April 18, 2009, 11:16:11 AM»
checkk itt

anything