turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Critique/redline/whatevs.  (Read 705 times)

Offline Nikki-Knack

Critique/redline/whatevs.
«: January 15, 2009, 09:40:49 PM»
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1875577/

I need some major help on his head -- how to make it look more like a rat's head. ALSO. How his body looks. Something looks off with it. :\ Anyone?

Plz and thx u~

IPGD

Re: Critique/redline/whatevs.
«Reply #1: January 15, 2009, 10:10:51 PM»
Use reference:

I've never drawn a rat before, but it wasn't hard to make it recognizable as one by referring to a photograph.

The body looks stiff because there's no form or balance. You just drew a bunch of quasi-straight lines instead of actually defining any of the muscles or joints (the ribcage area wouldn't be as defined as it is in mine, I'm just leaving in my construction lines). Study anatomuuusss
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:32:35 PM by IPGD »

Offline Nikki-Knack

Re: Critique/redline/whatevs.
«Reply #2: January 16, 2009, 09:08:01 PM»
Use reference:

I've never drawn a rat before, but it wasn't hard to make it recognizable as one by referring to a photograph.

The body looks stiff because there's no form or balance. You just drew a bunch of quasi-straight lines instead of actually defining any of the muscles or joints (the ribcage area wouldn't be as defined as it is in mine, I'm just leaving in my construction lines). Study anatomuuusss

I knowww. DX I keep taking the lazy man's way out of a lot of things -- reference pictures and anatomy, mostly. I definitely have to break myself of that habit. Thank you for the redline and tips! :)