turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: critique/redline please  (Read 893 times)

Offline Sync

critique/redline please
«: January 16, 2009, 06:59:20 PM»
please don't come in here like STOP DOING ANIME ARGHHHH. only asking for critique on this one particular sketch. feel free to spam my gallery with critiques if you have anything else to say beyond this though.

mkay.

i like the sketch a lot but something is wrong with the arms but i can't figure out what yeah.
help.
http://fang.deviantart.com/art/synchron-sketch-109687086

Offline Sedde

Re: critique/redline please
«Reply #1: January 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM»
Wh...what ARE his arms? o_o Also neck is too thick for those shoulders and his right shoulder is almost nonexistant. Face and his left shoulder are cool but the rest of his above-the-chest confuses me.

Offline Sync

«Reply #2: January 16, 2009, 07:26:13 PM»
Wh...what ARE his arms? o_o Also neck is too thick for those shoulders and his right shoulder is almost nonexistant. Face and his left shoulder are cool but the rest of his above-the-chest confuses me.
well, i was try to make them bend back sorta, but yeah. how the outfits done makes it looked weirder than it actually is, but yeah. not trying to make excuses though.

ty about the neck and shoulder though lol. i'll fix that.

IPGD

«Reply #3: January 16, 2009, 08:39:11 PM»
STOP DOING ANIME ARGHHHH

(I'd almost posted this without realizing I'd drawn dicks in his hands. Old habits die hard, apparently)

There's very little underlying structure to it. It's very obvious you started with a contour rather than building your figure out of shapes. This is most apparent in the head. Never, ever, ever draw the hair before you sketch out the skull. Hair comes out of the scalp, and it will look retarded unless you reflect that. The face is also pretty screwed up because of it; it looks awkward and pasted on, something that wouldn't have been a problem if you had drawn out guidelines first.

That is a very boring expression for what would otherwise be a relatively interesting pose. It's the generic 3/4 smirking animu face. Tilt his head forward, knit his brows, whatever, just make it less bland.

Neck is xbox heug. The neck itself is actually pretty tapered; tilt your head to the side and feel the muscle on the side closest to your shoulder. The muscle that runs from the behind your ear to the notch of your collarbone is basically the outline of the neck. Most of whatever else you see is the trapezius (which is actually on your back) and the skin that covers it. It helps to exaggerate the outline of these muscles before you smooth everything out.

Hands are blobby and nondescript. Never skip drawing the hands. They are the most annoying, painful and downright difficult thing to draw on the human body, but you won't get anywhere unless you practice them. Reference your own hands in the mirror religiously.

Drawings are to lined paper as songs are to Amy Winehouse; they could be beautiful masterpieces on their own, but paired to their latter, they are ruined. Completely ruined. Nothing you could ever do would salvage them. In fact, I'm pretty sure both are considered sins against God by now. Throw away every notebook of lined paper you own, even the ones you actually use for notes. They're just notes, they're allowed to be slanted.

Offline Sync

«Reply #4: January 16, 2009, 08:48:35 PM»
oo, that helped a lot lol. tyty~

AND SRY ANIME HABITS -shot-

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #5: January 21, 2009, 05:26:43 PM»
(I'd almost posted this without realizing I'd drawn dicks in his hands. Old habits die hard, apparently)
You do realize that's your subconsious telling you something, hrmmm?

...why tell you this? Oh, no reason... no reason... I occasionally like to see people squirm, but this is true, for the most part--your frame of mind is important in drawing just as much as the way you draw... things. You get the idea.
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

IPGD

«Reply #6: January 21, 2009, 07:08:55 PM»
You do realize that's your subconsious telling you something, hrmmm?

...why tell you this? Oh, no reason... no reason... I occasionally like to see people squirm, but this is true, for the most part--your frame of mind is important in drawing just as much as the way you draw... things. You get the idea.
... I think it just means I draw a lot of dicks.

anything