turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Should I turn into a port?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Jade Ravenwing

Should I turn into a port?
«: January 24, 2009, 03:57:31 PM»

Took about five minutes as well. Not as realistic as my ports but I feel I'm more satisfied with this than if everything was realistically spot on. Tried to throw a bit of perspective in this as well. Obviously a mutt, went for a bit of collie.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:59:18 AM by Jade Ravenwing »

Offline Jade Ravenwing

Re: Should I turn into a port?
«Reply #1: January 24, 2009, 07:45:49 PM»
Over 30 people have looked, and none have replied. >>

Offline Hufflepuff

«Reply #2: January 24, 2009, 11:54:56 PM»
Well it's sort of an odd question, in my opinion.

Only you can decide if you should turn it into a port or not, you know? If you want to, do it and if you don't feel up to it, then don't. If that's not what you were asking, maybe you need to be a little more specific.
Don't let other people make decisions for you when you can make them yourself. ;)

Offline Hugo

«Reply #3: January 25, 2009, 12:15:43 AM»
Good poses. Go for it.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #4: January 25, 2009, 12:27:26 AM»
Well I've noticed that pre-made designs are selling better than ports lately... so my question was kinda if I should do ports or designs. Will probably do designs.

Offline $kye

«Reply #5: January 25, 2009, 01:10:04 AM»
id say keep them at full body and do premade designs or lineart. the poses are really nice and im afraid if you made them into ports cropping or shrinking the lineart would take away from how good they are. n__n

Sesruc

«Reply #6: January 25, 2009, 09:42:31 AM»
fyi, the back legs on that canine are extremely awkward

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #7: January 25, 2009, 12:20:10 PM»
awkward as in how... it doesn't really help if you just say awkward... Wasn't really... constructive crit. Redline or something or explain please.

I tried to throw a bit of perspective in but since I'm not used to doing so they probably look off.

Sesruc

«Reply #8: January 25, 2009, 04:08:14 PM»
ohh oops
shoulda elaborated some

err yeah, like you said it might be your perspective.
the legs look all splayed out and out of balance

here's a redline (at least, what i would've done)

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #9: January 26, 2009, 06:57:40 PM»
And, as an aside, I'd stick to standing poses for awhile 'til you have the general stance down. Several canine breeds (such as Labradors) sit directly on their bums, creating an odd splayed effect with their hind legs. This is something to watch for if you want accuracy in pose.

(If you need visual proof, ask nicely and I'll take a picture of our Black Lab when she sits. She's sweet, but dumb as a chunk of USB-wired tofu.)
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide