turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: POSSIBLE contest.. not yet definitive!  (Read 848 times)

Offline VioletHawk

POSSIBLE contest.. not yet definitive!
«: January 25, 2009, 08:32:05 PM»
So I've been fiddling around with this idea for a few days now. Someone gave me an alt for a commission a while back and.. y'know, I wasn't interested in her at first, but I kinda like the name now. it's purdy. However, the port that came on her, while adorable in it's own rights, is definately the portrait of a character I can't see myself RPing. Got me?
SO. Here's my idea... which it would be awesome to get feedback on. And depending on whether or not people actually GIVE me feedback.. I may or may not do this.
I give ya'll the name to work with, and ya'll design the character for me. >3 Bwaha, yes, evil plan, I know, since its basically me going uber lazy when it comes to character plotting. But the basics? I'd give ya'll the personality type and such of the character, basically everything that goes on behind the scenes, and ya'll decide what she looks like. See? FUN TIMES. It's giving ya'll absolute free artistic reign. There'll probably be two catergories, port and traditional. Judging would be based on the character design, creativity, and how well thought out the overall image turns out, see? Experience is a plus, of course, but it's not necessarily what I'm looking for.
Prizes? Well. I'm probably going to give 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes for both catergories. If I can, I'll try and scrape up some GDs for prize money. I've got about 24 now, since I'm avoiding GDs for commission. BUUUT I'd want to give at least 10 to first place in both catergories. Hmhm.
So lets see.

1st: 10GDs (POSSIBLY more) + custom port + full-body drawing (color)
2nd: Custom Port + full-body drawing (b&w)
3rd: custom port

(Oh, and for those of ya'll who ain't familiar with my work and wanna know if it's worth it, here're my DAs.
http://a-sorta-fairytail.deviantart.com
http://vampiretigress.deviantart.com)

Does that seem reasonable?

Once I see how many people seem remotely interested in the idea.. then I'll post the name and other infoz that ya'll will need. Kay? I'm also toying with the idea of adding my two mains, too... for those of ya'll who don't like creating new characters.. BUT. That's unlikely, 'cause then I'd have to change judging critera. See the dilemma? I DO.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE gimme some ideas here. Maybe I'll just have only one catergory, or maybe I'll just give art for prizes, or maybe.. I dunno. just lookin' for help. Never held a contest before. So yes.
This SO isn't my primary account. =x
If I'm slow to reply, THAT'S WHY!

Offline Violet Hawk

Re: POSSIBLE contest.. not yet definitive!
«Reply #1: January 25, 2009, 09:55:29 PM»
Oh. And, uhm. Don't PM that account if you need to ask/add/suggest something. PM this one. That's my secondary one, which I rarely check. So. KEEP THAT IN MIND.

Offline Woofff

«Reply #2: February 12, 2009, 09:15:06 AM»
Ohhh Im interested!! You're art is beautiful! let me know if its going ahead!!

Offline dark_angel

«Reply #3: March 20, 2009, 06:01:28 PM»
Wow our art work is awesome. Let me know if your gonna make this contest a reality k. I just might want to enter, Im no to good with ports but pretty awesome aith scetches. xoxo