turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: paypal advice  (Read 1218 times)

Sesruc

• Topic Author
paypal advice
«: February 18, 2008, 04:32:27 PM»
okay so

i've had a paypal account for a while.. and i have a question.

i have a personal account and am limited to only being able to accept 5 credit/debit card payments per year.

does anyone else with a personal account have these limits?

for your information, my paypal account is verified with my checking account only.
i do not have a credit card set up with my account yet.

is the only way to lift these limits to upgrade my account to something like premier or business?

or am i also able to lift these limits by verifying a credit card with my account?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:31:36 PM by Sesruc »

Offline Narnia

Re: paypal advice (not FAZ issue related)
«Reply #1: February 18, 2008, 06:32:28 PM»
I don't believe it is required to have a credit card to open a paypal account. (I could be wrong, it's been quite a while since I've opened one.) People will send money to you by using your e-mail address and it will be stored in your paypal account until you decide to withdraw it by having them send you a check, or electronically depositing it into your checking account (once it has been verified). Keep in mind, if someone tries to pay you with a credit card through paypal you will be required to eventually update to a business account, or decline all credit card purchases. Some people, like myself, use only their credit cards for all purchases.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Zodiac

Re: paypal advice (not FAZ issue related)
«Reply #2: February 22, 2008, 12:37:19 AM»
If you have a checking account you should have some kind of debit/credit card. Most banks give them out these days. If your bank card has a name like Visa or MAsterCard on it, you can use that. Thats how I have mine set up.

When you have it set up to take payments, it will take out 3% of the payment you are being sent plus an additional $0.03 per transaction. When people pay you, they go to their Send Money opion, and send money to your email address that is associated with paypal.

Once the money is sent, it will be held in your paypal balance. From there, you can transfer the money to your bank account for free, which takes 3-5 days.

When setting up your paypal account to work with your bank, its going to make two small deposits in your bank account (usually a few cents each) that you will need to go and check, and then use those amounts to verify your bank account as the correct one. This takes 3-5 days.

Sesruc

• Topic Author
Re: paypal advice (not FAZ related)
«Reply #3: May 22, 2008, 04:31:17 PM»
hi, updated with another question

Offline Pokemon

Re: paypal advice
«Reply #4: May 22, 2008, 05:05:30 PM»
Yes the personal accounts are limited on credit card acceptance, just upgrade to premier if you want to receive more.
Pretty sure the only way to lift it is by upgrading.