turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Public Port Patch?  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Sedde

Public Port Patch?
«: February 03, 2009, 08:27:03 PM»
I've been considering lately...maybe making a public set of port patches. There are SO many species now, I'd love to stretch my imagination and make a set.

Question is:
What kind of theme or overall look should I use for this port patch?

I have no idea what's in demand, whether it's in AI or FurN (though I'm cool with drawing skimpy stuff on the ladies for FurN patches), so...I'd like some input on this before I start sketch out ideas.

Punk, goth, middle-eastern, sophisticated...?

Thanks!

grimfaefly

Re: Public Port Patch?
«Reply #1: February 03, 2009, 08:41:51 PM»
Gothy middle-eastern! Silly I know.. ;__;

I dunno if that's in demand but personally I think it would be a unique and quite attractive combo!

Offline Lassa

«Reply #2: February 03, 2009, 08:45:43 PM»
fancy Victorian goth ;D

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #3: February 03, 2009, 08:46:51 PM»
maybe aquatic themed patches?  ;)

Offline Skink

«Reply #4: February 03, 2009, 09:12:22 PM»
steampunk port set gogogo

grimfaefly

«Reply #5: February 03, 2009, 09:16:14 PM»
Oooh, I second steampunk!

Offline Sedde

«Reply #6: February 03, 2009, 09:42:45 PM»
I frigging love steampunk. :O VERY tempting...and it would give me an excuse to get more comfy with leather textures and metaaaalllll.

More suggestions plz? THANKS <3

Erde

«Reply #7: February 04, 2009, 12:06:50 AM»
RAEVERZ

Or hippies.

Or hippie ravers.

Yup.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #8: February 04, 2009, 12:43:59 AM»
Generic modern ports maybe? Though steampunk would be freaking awesome too. Or a set of more gothic ports-- those and the modern ones would get used a lot, methinks.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #9: February 04, 2009, 05:37:01 AM»

I THIRD THIS. I THIRD THIS. I THIRD THIS.

DO IT.

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #10: February 04, 2009, 07:32:12 AM»
There's a lack of really good asian themed patches. Though steampunk sounds awesome.

Offline Gineviève

«Reply #11: February 04, 2009, 12:23:05 PM»
We are in need of some new Egyptian-themed ports... ;x

Offline Sedde

«Reply #12: February 04, 2009, 02:56:29 PM»
Hmmmmm...both Asian and Egyptian are surprisingly tempting. o_o Looks like this decision will be much harder than I first thought.

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #13: February 04, 2009, 03:08:33 PM»

DO IT.
fourth
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Glory

«Reply #14: February 04, 2009, 07:26:51 PM»

DO IT.
fourth
ALSO AGREE WITH THIS. FIFTH.

Offline Gineviève

«Reply #15: February 05, 2009, 01:04:10 AM»
steampunk is so fad-ish. :/
why not make something we can appreciate for years?
grow out of your teens, kids, and i'm pretty sure you'll realize how
retarded all this steampunk crap really is.

Offline Skink

«Reply #16: February 05, 2009, 01:52:22 AM»
waaa this is popular and should therefore be unliked. I will do the job and in doing so contribute nothing.

Some of us have liked this shit since before it had a term slapped on it. I know I did.

Still voting steampunk.

Offline Azula

«Reply #17: February 05, 2009, 01:54:04 AM»
OH GOD SO COOL HATING SOMETHING THAT'S POPULAR fuck you and stop
typing like this
to look cool and have
a really fucked up flow of your
sentence
and para
graph

grimfaefly

«Reply #18: February 05, 2009, 02:00:43 AM»
Nirvanic, everyone is entitled to their opinions.. but heaven forbid people like something not because it's a 'fad' but because it's genuinely interesting. I've yet to see two 'Steampunks' side by side and EVERYTHING on them be the same. Infact, 98% of the steampunks I know or have seen online make their wardrobes and accessories themselves thus they are totally custom and no one else will ever have the exact same thing.

As for liking it for years, what's to say people won't? Not sure you can see into the future afterall. =p All in all this is entirely up to Dwy but please try not to knock people's suggestions because you might deem it a 'fad'.

LeeLee

«Reply #19: February 05, 2009, 02:03:41 AM»
Or hippie ravers.

I SECOND HIPPIE RAVERS.
:3
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:08:27 AM by Aliah »

Offline Gineviève

«Reply #20: February 05, 2009, 02:23:08 AM»
I type like this because I'm dyslexic and
it's hard for me to read in large paragraphs.
kthnkx. <3

And as for opinions, yeah, that's fine, but it's really just a silly fad, in MY opinion.
Just like how cybergoth blew up a couple years back, and now how rocka/psychobilly
is starting to reach that point. I've seen plenty of people in other stereotypical fashion
that make their own things and don't look like each other, but how does that make it
the better choice? I can't see into the future, but I've been aware of trends long enough
to know that when something blows up that big, it usually doesn't last long. Seeing as how
steampunk has leaked into tribal fusion bellydance wear, I can only imagine it's a down-
hill fall from there.

All I'm saying is that something like Asian and Egyptian themed patches is something
that everyone, despite their stereotype, can appreciate, whether you're a teen still
humping your trend you were down with before it turned into a "fad", or you're someone
more mature (20+) who can't really understand all that stuff. Honestly, I would have
never heard of steampunk had I not gotten into tribal fusion bellydance a year ago.
You don't see me arguing for bellydance patches, though, right? That's because I guess
I'm trying to think about everyone, and not just what I'm interested in right now. ;x

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:50:15 AM by Nirvanic »

Offline Azula

«Reply #21: February 05, 2009, 04:44:33 AM»
looks like the popular (most of everyone) consensus is steam punk so just because you don't like it doesn't mean that dwy has to not do steampunk!!

Offline Sedde

«Reply #22: February 05, 2009, 11:55:17 AM»
I love steampunk. I'm turning 20 in less than two months. Fuck you, Nirvanic.

If you knew your history you'd know that "steampunk" gained its fanbase YEARS ago (like '80s and '90s) -- just now appreciation of it has gained widespread interest. Doing a steampunk port patch would be quite a challenge, since I would have to look up a lot about victorian fashions for all types...and I'd love to do something like that.

Steampunk it is. :) No promises that it'll ever be a FULL port patch, it may just be the regular 30 for quite some time.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #23: February 05, 2009, 01:17:20 PM»
I love steampunk. I'm turning 20 in less than two months. Fuck you, Nirvanic.

If you knew your history you'd know that "steampunk" gained its fanbase YEARS ago (like '80s and '90s) -- just now appreciation of it has gained widespread interest. Doing a steampunk port patch would be quite a challenge, since I would have to look up a lot about victorian fashions for all types...and I'd love to do something like that.

Steampunk it is. :) No promises that it'll ever be a FULL port patch, it may just be the regular 30 for quite some time.

ilu.

grimfaefly

«Reply #24: February 05, 2009, 02:18:48 PM»
Hoo! This makes me happy.. and I just turned 24 on the 1st.. and love Steampunk and cybergoth.. and other apparent crazy 'fads' =p

anything