turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Improvement?  (Read 678 times)

Offline Adielle

Improvement?
«: February 10, 2009, 07:11:39 AM»
So, I found out last night that I've been going about cleaning up my digital lines all wrong, hence why I hated digital and why I never improved.  I can't draw a line in photoshop worth a shit, but I'm good at hand drawing my inks.  So, I would typically use threshold and then lasso tool and erase the white of the paper.  I know, laugh.  I'm not photoshop literate.  Well, I was told to put the lineart on a multiple layer and it would help heaps.  And so it has.  I actually enjoyed digital and this only took me about 15 min to do so far, even though its only a WIP:

I am just hoping its at least a step in the right direction from this (which was done in 2008):

Feel free to critique and/or offer advice on digital coloring.  However, I know majority of the lineart mistakes, like the hands, but I can't fix them now, so I'd prefer you not to point out those mistakes.  I'll be fixing any anatomy/lineart issues in the next piece I work on.  For now, since I'm in the middle of the digital coloring stage, any helpful tips are appreciated and I could definitely use them as I am not usually very good with digital media.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:23:18 PM by Adielle »
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

Offline Piosa

Re: Improvement?
«Reply #1: February 25, 2009, 10:17:35 PM»
Your doing a smashing job! The only thing I have to say is the knees on the second character are turned in just a little to much. Other than that keep up the good work!

anything