turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Editing a scanned image  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Cinna

Editing a scanned image
«: February 20, 2009, 04:41:13 PM»
I'm looking for somewhere that I can take an uploaded traditional pencil sketch and do digital lineart over it.

Preferrably that has layers, a pen option, and a nice colour palette (basicly an oekaki that I can upload to)

If it would resize an image that would also be amazing.

Also, i'm willing to download a program if necessary =D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:42:52 PM by Kazari »

Offline Hensa

Re: Editing a scanned image
«Reply #1: February 20, 2009, 04:43:59 PM»
i dont know of any web based editors that will let you do THAT much, but, if you go to http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/download/oc4/ and download the free trial, you get 30 days worth of the FULL program

Offline Cinna

«Reply #2: February 20, 2009, 04:52:13 PM»
Cool, thanks! i'm gonna try it. But i'm still looking for a more long term program, if anyone has more suggestions =3

Offline Lassa

«Reply #3: February 20, 2009, 04:52:38 PM»
Paint Tool SAI is absolutely amazing for lineart. The actual program isn't free, but the trial is (and for 30 days!), and with a bit of digging I'm sure you could find the full version somewhere.

As for web based programs, I've never seen one that will actually let you upload an image to work on it. >:

Offline Cinna

«Reply #4: February 20, 2009, 04:55:06 PM»
Whoo~ After my 30 days of openCanvas i'll use that one for 30 days =D lol

Offline Mala

«Reply #5: February 20, 2009, 06:40:12 PM»
ive seen a few oekakis that let people upload their scanned images and draw over it?

just google a few public ones and im sure you can find one.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #6: February 21, 2009, 06:54:43 AM»
Paint Tool SAI is absolutely amazing for lineart. The actual program isn't free, but the trial is (and for 30 days!), and with a bit of digging I'm sure you could find the full version somewhere.

As for web based programs, I've never seen one that will actually let you upload an image to work on it. >:

the way sai's activation is set up, you'd have to find someone who's bought it to activate it for you.

Sesruc

«Reply #7: February 21, 2009, 08:34:09 PM»
you can always try GIMP, although i have never used it before. it's completely free.

anything