turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

Does this seem right to you?

No
1 (3.6%)
Yes
7 (25%)
I dont care
17 (60.7%)
Whats the point? Nothing will be done about it
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: This shouldnt be allowed...  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Woofff

This shouldnt be allowed...
«: February 20, 2009, 10:04:01 PM»
Well if you have checked the charter list, The Haven is on there, and has had the same spot for years.
So, some one else decides to come and basically do a fling off of it. Called "Black Haven"
And upload it right by The Haven.
They are nothing simular, and have nothing in common in the way of members, dream, or anything.
What are your veiws?
As a long time member of The Haven, I actually feel offended by this, whether we know them or not, its still a silly, immature thing to do.

Offline Adielle

Re: This shouldnt be allowed...
«Reply #1: February 20, 2009, 10:10:17 PM»
Honestly, no offense to you and your fellow dream-goers, but for all you know thats the name the other owner wanted for their dream or simply had "in storage."  Its hard to find good spots for dream uploading, that unless you specifically talk to the owner of Black Haven and ask if they mean't to do this just to be dicks, really, it could just be they have a similar name and thats the best spot they could find.

Honestly, I'm sick of the elitist look on "this spot is mine, no one else can be here" sort of shit.  Its not The Haven's area.  They have their dream upload spot, but seriously, just because someone has a name that is similar doesn't mean they are trying to be rude or rip off another dream.  As you've already stated, the dream is nothing the same on the inside, so obviously its only a similarity in name, so whats the big deal?
Goodbye my Sunshine, for we are but smoke and ash...

My Gallery.

IPGD

«Reply #2: February 20, 2009, 10:10:52 PM»
The Haven doesn't have a copyright on the word "Haven". The use of a common word isn't cause for a riot; even if the name was inspired by The Haven, you said yourself that they have no other similarities. Not a big deal.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #3: February 20, 2009, 10:12:14 PM»
How is it silly and immature if there's nothing similar to the dream other than the name? If they were harassing you by copying your ideas or something, there would be a problem. But "haven" is a pretty nice word and I'm sure there are a lot of dreams that use it. And upload spot is probably coincidental.

Offline Farren

«Reply #4: February 20, 2009, 10:23:24 PM»
Black Haven has actually been around a while. I've been there before. They used to upload in Acro, though. Dunno why they'd suddenly change to AI, unless the dream and uploader were passed to a differant person.
Fishberries.

Offline Kira

«Reply #5: February 20, 2009, 10:24:14 PM»
What about all those BAH's near eachother? God forbid you waltz into FurN and see a dream with "yiff", "slave", or "bar" in the names within 5 tiles of eachother.
Which came first? Who cares, The Haven has their precious charter spot no one else can take and BH has their convenient little corner.
No reason to get your panties in a wad.

Looking to commission me or just need to contact?
Deviantart: Demi Furaffinity: Demi Twitter: Demidraws Email: [email protected] I do not check PMs here

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #6: February 20, 2009, 10:36:20 PM»
I'm sorry but this is one of the most ridiculous threads in the history of FAZ. I've seen numerous dreams with the word 'haven' in them, it's no big surprise. As for being uploaded near your hang out, boo hoo. You guys have your spot, it's not like they can take it from you.

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #7: February 20, 2009, 10:37:25 PM»
It's a silly, immature thing to come to this board and start BAWWWing about something as simple as a name. God forbid anyone else uses the name Haven in their dream and uploads near your dream. OBVIOUSLY WITH A NAME USED IN EVERY OTHER DREAM THEY ARE CLEARLY OUT TO OFFEND YOU. #SQ

Offline Hensa

«Reply #8: February 20, 2009, 10:40:43 PM»
It's a silly, immature thing to come to this board and start BAWWWing about something as simple as a name. God forbid anyone else uses the name Haven in their dream and uploads near your dream. OBVIOUSLY WITH A NAME USED IN EVERY OTHER DREAM THEY ARE CLEARLY OUT TO OFFEND YOU. #SQ
this

Offline Glory

«Reply #9: February 21, 2009, 12:57:36 AM»
The Haven: Results 1 - 10 of about 42,200,000 for The Haven. (0.16 seconds)
Black haven: Results 1 - 10 of about 27,600,000 for Black Haven. (0.14 seconds)
According to Google search engine... it is actually 'The Haven' who is doing the larger amount of 'ripping' names.

AKA no one cares. You shouldn't either. You said in your own words it is not a bashing or rip off of your dream... wow.
No one cares if you are a member of the drama fest that is guilds and groups.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:59:23 AM by Glory »

Offline Zim

«Reply #10: February 21, 2009, 01:10:36 AM»
This topic is nothing but a pointless bawwfest, and a potential flame war.

Locked.

anything