turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Lineart/coloring help in Gimp or Sai  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Pocketmew

Lineart/coloring help in Gimp or Sai
«: February 21, 2009, 11:48:45 PM»
So my friend gave me very gorgeous lineart to color. <3 and well I put it in Sai, couldn't figure out how to make it transparent so I could color under the lines. Then I went to gimp and was able to do so buuuut it screwed up the lines and made them very thin and ugly. I really don't have the money for other art programs, so please don't suggest that. ^^;;; but anyways. Um anyone know how to color under the lines in Sai or Gimp without drawing new lines?

IPGD

Re: Lineart/coloring help in Gimp or Sai
«Reply #1: February 21, 2009, 11:51:24 PM»
1. Set layer blend properties to multiply
OR
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDq426DMC04&feature=related

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #2: February 21, 2009, 11:52:09 PM»
Thanks <333 buuut thats for photoshop. Couldn't find the layer blend properties in either gimp nor sai =\
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:54:02 PM by Mewstara »

IPGD

«Reply #3: February 21, 2009, 11:54:10 PM»
Since I'm just now realizing that the tutorial was for photoshop (it probably works for GIMP, too, but whatever):

Everything on the internet is free

Edit: I will download this infernal GIMP program and see if I can find what it relates to anyway

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #4: February 21, 2009, 11:56:45 PM»
I'm so paranoid about viruses from torrents. Can't afford to break another computer. >< I wish it worked for Sai. Sai is so much better -sigh-

IPGD

«Reply #5: February 21, 2009, 11:59:53 PM»
I'm so paranoid about viruses from torrents. Can't afford to break another computer. >< I wish it worked for Sai. Sai is so much better -sigh-
There are no viruses on that release (downloaded it myself and my PC is clean). Most of the time, if it has a lot of seeds and no comments mentioning a virus, it's safe.

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #6: February 22, 2009, 12:03:26 AM»
Alright I'll try it then. Thanks x3 I'm downloading cs3 now. Better than frickin gimp goood. I wish Sai could do more...Eh didn't work. After downloading it the program said it failed catastrophically or something and said contact customer support.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:22:46 AM by Mewstara »

Offline Lothus

«Reply #7: February 23, 2009, 02:08:13 PM»
GIMP's layer blend options are on the layer control panel, right above the list of the layers and the Opacity slider. You'll see a dropdown list marked "Mode:" ... It only has blending modes, none of the specific "layer effects" that Photoshop does, though.

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #8: February 24, 2009, 11:28:00 PM»
Eevee helped me :3 Found out its extremely simple to do in Sai, I just overlooked it

Offline Hiccuped

«Reply #9: February 24, 2009, 11:41:13 PM»
Ooh, Sai sounds good. O:

Linkage?

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #10: February 25, 2009, 06:47:19 PM»

Offline Hiccuped

«Reply #11: February 25, 2009, 07:15:48 PM»
Mm. Delicious. x3