turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Find the breed!  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Lovedoll

Find the breed!
«: February 25, 2009, 12:37:14 AM»
http://ravengeek.com/avacon/Avary_sheet.jpg

^-- Refsheet of Avary, the alt currently bearing Cathoir's parrot design. I've been making myself nuts figuring out what breed of parrot she is (yes, female!) and I can't seem to find a single breed that matches the design. Taking the chance that artistic liberty was taken... anyone fancy helping out? I'd ask Cathoir, but she hasn't been active for a while.

I have found two possibilities so far that mostly match (but not entirely). Blue-winged Parrotlet and Quaker Parrot.

PERSON WHO FIGURES IT OUT GETS COOKIES. :B

Offline Grumpyskunk

Offline Focus

Re: Find the breed!
«Reply #2: February 25, 2009, 12:52:59 AM»
http://www.ozanimals.com/image/albums/australia/Bird/normal_Wiki-Blue-winged_Parrot.jpg

That's a Blue-winged Grass Parakeet tho...not a parrot.. ;--;
[lol I was just looking for a new pet bird when I came across this thread..xD]
[img]

Offline Grumpyskunk

«Reply #3: February 25, 2009, 01:03:20 AM»
Hrmmm. Is it's breast white? I can't tell from the angle. I don't know, I think it could go for either...maybe it's both! Maybe she created her own breed. Who knows.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #4: February 25, 2009, 01:11:09 AM»
isn't the design still copyright cath since she created it...

edit: and i think i may recall her telling me it was a quaker parrot when she originally showed it to me

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #5: February 25, 2009, 09:14:47 AM»
I'm not claiming copyright on the design in the sense that I created it, but that since I now own the alt and the design it's 'mine'. You know? :B I also consider personality traits and the like part of a 'design', so that's why. Though if it becomes a problem of some sort I will edit the text on the sheet.

Thank you~ That really helps, lol. She never mention it on the thread.

Offline Azula

«Reply #6: February 25, 2009, 10:31:58 AM»
'original design created by cathoir'

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #7: February 25, 2009, 10:43:03 AM»
Edited. After a few more confirmations from people in-game, I'm dubbing her a Quaker Parrot. :B Thanks for the help.

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #8: February 25, 2009, 03:12:19 PM»
Ah, yes, Quaker Parrots--the second most prolifric invasive bird species in the US, right next to "domesticated" pigeons.

Thankfully they have a smaller range than the feathered rats, but even I don't like Mourning Doves very much.

Besides bitching about the breed to voice your personal dislike, this is relevant to my thread... how? I merely asked for an identification of the breed of parrot, not anyone's love or hate on it.

anything