turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: pricing.  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Mae

pricing.
«: March 02, 2009, 03:06:05 AM»

i need pricing help for both of these. the one on the left is mc hammer collab (me and cheska), the second is completely by me. the hair will be like the first one, though. i just changed styles between ports for some reason. the left one looks better, and is easier to do.

if you absolutely must critique, only do so for shading or the drawing on the RIGHT one. the left one was not drawn by me.
fffffffffffff.

Offline Lovecraft

Re: pricing.
«Reply #1: March 02, 2009, 05:20:07 AM»
I'd say 5-7 GD
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.

Offline Miserable

«Reply #2: March 02, 2009, 10:00:24 AM»
I agree with the five to seven.
You shade beautifully, the only thing that I would watch out for is the hands on the right port they are a tad small.

Offline Azula

«Reply #3: March 02, 2009, 10:48:13 AM»
3gd

l2not hide your errors with objects and not have huge like xbox heads

Offline Morgan

«Reply #4: March 02, 2009, 04:59:19 PM»
3gd

l2not hide your errors with objects and not have huge like xbox heads

iawtc

Offline Mae

«Reply #5: March 02, 2009, 07:33:44 PM»
aw you guys are so nice. #SK
fffffffffffff.

Offline cheska

«Reply #6: March 02, 2009, 07:36:10 PM»
100eu784t765738653476ugn dfkjgjsd dollars
:]
Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew~

Offline Mae

«Reply #7: March 02, 2009, 07:47:27 PM»
ily
fffffffffffff.

Offline Stormwind

«Reply #8: March 02, 2009, 07:49:58 PM»
Defintely no less then 7 GD. Those are lovely!

Ignore "Legolas", clearly elves are not very intelligent or civilized. ;)

Offline Azula

«Reply #9: March 02, 2009, 08:55:11 PM»
i'm sorry.. i forgot she was looking for SPECIFIC, NICE opinions. next time, i'll just pat her on the ass and say "what a good job!! you deserve an immense amount of money for your half-assed ports!!"

Offline Jenni

«Reply #10: March 02, 2009, 09:08:17 PM»
im curious why you gotta have everything you draw priced...

also on the first port the brown thing looks hella awkward
plus i do believe clothing has folds
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:48:19 PM by Turquoise »

Offline Mae

«Reply #11: March 03, 2009, 01:43:34 AM»
i don't fucking half-ass my art. thanks. and go fuck yourself, tina. i am so tired of your shit.

i have 'everything' priced because i have no idea how to value my own art. and the brown thing is a chair.. .. thing. idk, the top of a chair.
fffffffffffff.

Offline Lovecraft

«Reply #12: March 03, 2009, 02:47:36 AM»
you really shouldn't ask for pricing advice if you're just going to get offended. it sounds like you're just looking for a pat on the back and not an honest answer. there was truth in what tina was telling you.
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #13: March 03, 2009, 03:09:34 AM»
I think 5 GD is a fair price for your stuff. I love how you shade hair and skin, but I'd suggest working on folds like Jenni said, and maybe after some practice you can bump the price up.
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Zim

«Reply #14: March 03, 2009, 03:50:44 AM»
I don't give a shit if you have an issue with somebody posting, whether it be the OP or somebody replying... REMAIN CIVIL. This is your ONLY warning.

Offline Creek

«Reply #15: March 03, 2009, 06:36:33 AM»
5gd no more or less.

Reason why i say that is because proportionally, the hands are way off, even in that angle. You need to learn how to do them correctly. Theyre one of the hardest things on the human body to draw, but to earn money, you have to figure out how too. I personally wont pay for a port that has a hand way to damn small. That looks like a hand a 2 year old has. There are plenty of tutorials out there to teach you to draw hands. Use them. If all else fails, go to real life pictures. They'll teach you something.

Another thing is clothing. Your clothing has NO texture...wait..it has texture, but not clothing texture. Clothes, when on the body, have creases and folds. Learn to also take down the shading of the clothing. Right now everything looks mooshed together. That is a great way of shading, but you need to place the creases and folds in there, along with the contours of the body.

2nd port, if thats supposed to be chibi, leave me alone. but proportions and anatomy, please. The neck is too small to support the head, the chest/arms to too tiny as well. They need to be broader and thicker. We dont shrink in when we get down past our neck, in fact, we sometimes have boobs that stick out, not fall back. Also, boobs are lower down naturally, unless your wearing skin tight wunder bra. Also, if a person is that small, or younger than 10, they usually dont have breasts like that, so add the nick to symbolize breast should not be there. It should be somewhat curvy, but morely straight down like a child's would be.

[will post more later, having limited time with school and theatre issues.]

Offline Casper

«Reply #16: March 03, 2009, 09:41:31 AM»
5gd no more or less.

Reason why i say that is because proportionally, the hands are way off, even in that angle. You need to learn how to do them correctly. Theyre one of the hardest things on the human body to draw, but to earn money, you have to figure out how too. I personally wont pay for a port that has a hand way to damn small. That looks like a hand a 2 year old has. There are plenty of tutorials out there to teach you to draw hands. Use them. If all else fails, go to real life pictures. They'll teach you something.

Another thing is clothing. Your clothing has NO texture...wait..it has texture, but not clothing texture. Clothes, when on the body, have creases and folds. Learn to also take down the shading of the clothing. Right now everything looks mooshed together. That is a great way of shading, but you need to place the creases and folds in there, along with the contours of the body.

2nd port, if thats supposed to be chibi, leave me alone. but proportions and anatomy, please. The neck is too small to support the head, the chest/arms to too tiny as well. They need to be broader and thicker. We dont shrink in when we get down past our neck, in fact, we sometimes have boobs that stick out, not fall back. Also, boobs are lower down naturally, unless your wearing skin tight wunder bra. Also, if a person is that small, or younger than 10, they usually dont have breasts like that, so add the nick to symbolize breast should not be there. It should be somewhat curvy, but morely straight down like a child's would be.

I would tone down the criticism a little bit. There's a fine line between constructive and insulting. Mae also stated that if critique was to be given it was for the shading on the right portrait only. She asked for pricing help, not nitpicking.

To everyone posting:

Everyone has a style that they hone in on. It's what anyone who draws does. If every artist drew to realistic standards then no one would have a favourite artist because EVERYTHING WOULD BEGIN TO LOOK THE SAME. SHOCKER.

I say this because it looks as though Mae has started to adapt to her own style. I assume she isn't looking to have jabs taken at her left and right. If she chooses to post asking for opinions on how to price her work I don't see the harm in being civil for once in your forum excursion and offering some wanted advice and less of taking the opportunity to make another user feel cornered or ashamed of their own work.

This also goes reverse for you, Mae; your response earlier was brash and unnecessary. Disregard negative comments and the commenter has nothing to come back in on.

tl;dr Grow the fuck up!

ty guys
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:46:21 AM by Casper »

Offline Lassa

«Reply #17: March 03, 2009, 10:01:07 AM»
$57873487875869359650670790705960..

I do think 5 GD would be a good price though, and with a bit of anatomy practise you could bump that price up

also the way you shade hair is fabulous

Offline Creek

«Reply #18: March 03, 2009, 03:36:10 PM»
5gd no more or less.

I would tone down the criticism a little bit. There's a fine line between constructive and insulting. Mae also stated that if critique was to be given it was for the shading on the right portrait only. She asked for pricing help, not nitpicking.

ty guys

I dont see any insulting in my post, just toned critique. I'm sorry if my post turned out to sound insulting. I'm just stating the things i seen at the moment. I do the same to my own work. Besides, As i said, its my Personal opinion.

And yes, her hair shading is gorgeous, now only if i could do hair like that xD. Skin texture is gorgeous as well, though the shading could define the ears a little bit more, the ears look sorta flat to me except on the very rims, it might be from the colours you chose, but i see flatness in the ears.

EDIT: and that was ALL on the right portrait. [ AKA 2nd port]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:39:11 PM by Apologies »

Offline Gineviève

«Reply #19: March 03, 2009, 04:50:06 PM»
aside from whatever everyone pointed out...
i'd pay five gold for this. she's obviously someone
in her older teens that still likes toys. i think it's
adorable! yeah, 5 g would be a really good price.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #20: March 03, 2009, 05:42:58 PM»
5gd no more or less.

To everyone posting:

Everyone has a style that they hone in on. It's what anyone who draws does. If every artist drew to realistic standards then no one would have a favourite artist because EVERYTHING WOULD BEGIN TO LOOK THE SAME. SHOCKER.

I say this because it looks as though Mae has started to adapt to her own style. I assume she isn't looking to have jabs taken at her left and right. If she chooses to post asking for opinions on how to price her work I don't see the harm in being civil for once in your forum excursion and offering some wanted advice and less of taking the opportunity to make another user feel cornered or ashamed of their own work.

This also goes reverse for you, Mae; your response earlier was brash and unnecessary. Disregard negative comments and the commenter has nothing to come back in on.

tl;dr Grow the fuck up!

ty guys

stop blaming flaws on STYYYUHLLLL, please. you don't need to go balls to the walls and draw full realism but jesus titties, at least learn how anatomy works before you blame your shit on style.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:49:25 PM by Octavian »

IPGD

«Reply #21: March 03, 2009, 06:10:47 PM»

The point isn't to draw realism and nothing else for the rest of your life, it's about having a foundation to work off of. If you don't understand basic anatomy, you are not going to be able to understand "advanced" (read: stylized) anatomy, either. If someone really is dead set on drawing moeblob lolis, fine, but said moeblob lolis are still going to look awful unless an understanding of the source of the derivative is reached.

Am I a broken record or what!?

Offline Hugo

«Reply #22: March 03, 2009, 07:33:13 PM»
My only quip (since you didn't draw the one on the left?) is that you should work with proportion a bit. An open hand should splay over the entirety of the face. Put your hand over your face and you'll see what I mean. Shading seems fine, but remember to make your lines as detailed as your shading or it will look strange. For example, your shirt has no winkles or creases but the hair defines every strand.

Also be sure to choose 'natural' poses that help the subject of the port easy to look at. Like snuggling that doll under her chin instead of smushing it into her eye.

Honestly you can price a ridiculous amount for this type of work because ports don't seem to be about quality anymore. Personally I would only pay 5-7GD.

Offline Stormwind

«Reply #23: March 04, 2009, 03:12:02 PM»
I just want to mention that in the end, don't allow people to price your work for you. Opinions are alright to consider, but your art is worth more then what people can pay. Don't decide your self worth on the opinions of others. Your artwork is beautiful, so charge what you want for it. ;)

Offline La-la

«Reply #24: March 04, 2009, 03:21:21 PM»
zim

do you ever get tired of saying that?

also, i say 3-4 GD until you get a couple more examples!