turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 32-bit update, What your plans?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Aqua Dark

32-bit update, What your plans?
«: March 04, 2009, 06:34:36 PM»
Heyho artist! I'm wondering if any of y'all have plans for the 32-bit update?
I'm imagining that portraits are going to be twice as hard to shade.
I'm wondering if this will be a raise artist prices and maybe even have two different types of remapping portraits.
I don't know what I'll be doing thats for sure, I hope the release the 32-bit editor soon so have a taste to whats to come :(
Love In Every Pixels ™

Offline $kye

Re: 32-bit update, What your plans?
«Reply #1: March 04, 2009, 07:26:20 PM»
um i honestly havent heard/know too much about it. ill probably have to have to work with it i guess before i try to do commissions or anything LOL idk really

i hope they release it soon too im curious what its like

Offline Skink

«Reply #2: March 04, 2009, 07:53:10 PM»
It could make remap ports easier... they could stay the same and it just gives us more options..who knows. It sure as hell will make item patches and the like easier though. Now more playing around with what's closest.

If things get harder, some people will raise prices, other less well rounded artists might just end up dropping off the face of the planet for awhile, more people will come in because they're comfortable with a pliable palette and not a restricted one. I'm a little nervous because all this work with a restricted palette has made it a "comfort zone" and I don't know if I'll have to leave it or not.

But port artists, look on the bright side. Maybe crap like ruddy and black will stop being such a pain in the ass just to get half of our work shown or a well made eyesore. WE CAN DREAM.

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #3: March 05, 2009, 02:24:55 PM»
One thing I will say is this: Just because you CAN WTFlensflare doesn't mean you should.
That's it, I'm making a patch with nothing BUT lensflares... imagine the horror and bitchiness.  ;D
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline Skink

«Reply #4: March 05, 2009, 04:45:59 PM»
yeah ok I'm not looking forward to completely filter raped dreams either...

or photos getting scewed and turned in to items, that never seems to turn out well

Offline Jenni

«Reply #5: March 05, 2009, 04:49:59 PM»
or photos getting scewed and turned in to items, that never seems to turn out well

that already happens now, LOL. people crop photos and put them in their dream. it looks so horrid and obvious.

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #6: March 05, 2009, 05:39:58 PM»
If you do that, I'll have to dig up your address from when you sent me that plush Cthulhu (I think that was you, and it was full of win), go to where you live and kick you in the junk.
Yes, I sent you that one. (I also have something else around here, but I never got your new address for a past X-mas present.)

And it's safe to say that I'm not doing it--that was for the luls on this forum. (I blame Mahvros for starting me down that path.)
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #7: March 05, 2009, 07:47:47 PM»
It would give me a bigger advantage with the shading and such. I might step my prices up by 2$ when it happens.

Offline Skink

«Reply #8: March 05, 2009, 08:10:54 PM»
True true it does already happen and it can be done correctly. But now that the colors aren't going to get raped to hell a lot more people are probably going to be willing to do it, and where as with Youlanda's examples I can't tell it's from a photograph...with some giant banana floating in the middle of the dream on default grass tiles I can. This is not a common occurrence in serious dreams but sometimes when a door gets opened people go through them, even if it says "DO NOT ENTER."

I love the look of good, clean pixeling for furcadia patches. I am hoping to see some amazing results with the changes true. I'm not going to be too impressed by a lot of the other things that might come with it. But I am a picky, complaining ninny who will bitch more about patches and concepts of a dream then the people in them.

It would give me a bigger advantage with the shading and such. I might step my prices up by 2$ when it happens.

If it's an advantage, why up your prices? If it makes things easier I would lower them. Even if it looks better the easier way. Unless the new "system" is significantly harder a lot of prices should stay the same. However that's just my opinion, but if prices do skyrocket for art after it's implemented, it would probably be an advantage to be a cheaper artist.

IPGD

«Reply #9: March 06, 2009, 09:53:41 AM»
If it's an advantage, why up your prices? If it makes things easier I would lower them. Even if it looks better the easier way. Unless the new "system" is significantly harder a lot of prices should stay the same. However that's just my opinion, but if prices do skyrocket for art after it's implemented, it would probably be an advantage to be a cheaper artist.
I imagine the people who are already capable of making art to the standard of the new 32-bit editor will be in high demand when it's first released. Most Furcadia portrait artists "grew up" on pixels, so to speak, so the people who will be able to work with all of the editor's features off the bat will have quite the advantage over those who have to catch up. Until the skill of the market is normalized again, 32-bit portrait artists will probably be able to price their work quite a bit higher than usual.

Then again, judging by this community's past responses to change, it's just as likely that everyone will be a stubborn mule and refuse to do anything but buy and sell "traditional" ports.

Black Rain

«Reply #10: March 11, 2009, 01:23:46 AM»
Personally, I can't wait for the new 32 bit system to comes out.
I'd feel much better working with a higher amount of colors than the limited amount we have now.
And getting right to work on making all kinds of new free patches Once the new 32 bit system comes out. :D
Not to mention, all the other colors we get to choose for our characters. It'll be exciting.

Offline alexandra

«Reply #11: March 23, 2009, 09:16:00 PM»
I CANNOT WAIT I WANT TO DRAW KAWAII ANIMU EYES
but yes omg, it would be amazing if i didnt have to reduce the quality of the fur of my doggy dog portraits even time i converted the image to fsh.