turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Closed  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Sapphirus

Closed
«: March 05, 2009, 03:06:29 PM»
Way too much bawing about something that's not so serious, omg xD
Gonna have this locked.

And people need to remember to look at the Depth rules on not to "attack the poster" because you're just losing the argument already.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:12:51 PM by Sapphirus »

Offline Jenni

Re: The "Sonic Style" character Fandom
«Reply #1: March 05, 2009, 03:12:04 PM»
you can say that for the TLK fandom, spirit fandom, anime, etc.
i think they're original as in not canon characters. they might be all drawn and based off the show in the same style, but they're different characters, therefore original to that person. :S

IPGD

«Reply #2: March 05, 2009, 04:17:15 PM»
I see much of it on DA and on other sites, and what makes it bad is that people call it "original" when it's obviously style biting. I'm not downing on the anime fandom or anything but I just don't understand how people keep calling their fan-made characters based of the popular anime, "original", when they all look the same, big eyes, little bodies, big feet. I just think it's better to create your own style rather base it off someone else type for character making, etc.

What are your opinions about on this matter, and please, no flames, just opinions.

Offline Azula

«Reply #3: March 05, 2009, 04:18:12 PM»
it's kind of contradictory for you to say that people are style-biting sonic when you're style-biting a shit ton of anime styles. :S

What are your opinions about on this, Matter, and please, no flames, just opinions.

fuuuuuck

Offline Skink

«Reply #4: March 05, 2009, 04:44:17 PM»
what youlanda said. to a t.

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #5: March 05, 2009, 05:05:09 PM»
Keep the opinions related to the topic, not about me please.
Thanks.

Offline Azula

«Reply #6: March 05, 2009, 05:08:13 PM»
they are related.

LOL.

you're just bitching and moaning about a fandom you don't like and are now getting bitchy because people turned the conversation 180 degrees.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #7: March 05, 2009, 05:19:40 PM»
The topic being discussed here, is your opinion on Sonic Styled art. Please stick to it, and try not to be so personal here.

Offline Mredria

«Reply #8: March 05, 2009, 05:24:09 PM»
I agree that, like any fandom style, some people do it in a way that is really creative, and some people trace, recolour and otherwise bring nothing new to the party.
Same with every other style.
Old news, boring thread is boring.
---I apologize---

Offline Nny

«Reply #9: March 05, 2009, 05:26:05 PM»
I agree that, like any fandom style, some people do it in a way that is really creative, and some people trace, recolour and otherwise bring nothing new to the party.
Same with every other style.
Old news, boring thread is boring.

this.

Offline Azula

«Reply #10: March 05, 2009, 07:24:28 PM»
i just wanna clear something up...

Seriously, don't take offense to this, if you don't like the topic just ignore it.)

and then

What are your opinions about on this matter, and please, no flames, just opinions.

??? if someone doesn't like something, they're going to voice their opinion, not ignore it. :S

and to make this RELEVANT

who gives a fuck. sure they're annoying and it sucks seeing them everywhere, but that doesn't mean they're so unoriginal. let bygones be bygones.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:26:42 PM by Rorschach »

Offline Hugo

«Reply #11: March 05, 2009, 09:52:43 PM»
I get annoyed not just by Sonic but also TLK, Danny Phantom, and all the other fanbase followings because more often than not people are just recoloring canon characters and calling them original. It doesn't mean I hate TLK or Sonic on their own, I'm just not impressed when someone copies a style from a show.

Sometimes people do it in order to ease a character from show style to their style, but this is usually not the case. They just draw in show style over and over and over.

I like to see personal touches and individuality in art for it to touch me on a personal level.

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #12: March 05, 2009, 10:10:08 PM»
I think everyone has the right to draw what they like to draw. If you don't like it, why not... ignore it?

I fail to see how this is even an in-depth discussion. At all. There is nothing to discuss that has any in-depth value, it's just you trying to voice your opinion under the disguise of 'HAI LOOK I R HAVING SRS DISCUSSION' when all you're trying to do is deal an under-the-belt blow to something you don't like... and hiding behind Mods to protect your precious discussion by trying to keep the topic relevant to the Sonic fandom and not you. Which obviously nobody is buying.

Everyone will draw what they like to draw and that's that.

Maybe this discussion would have had some validity if you asked for people's opinions on any fandom's artwork rather than singling out Sonic's fandom. e_e

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #13: March 05, 2009, 10:20:47 PM»
I think everyone has the right to draw what they like to draw. If you don't like it, why not... ignore it?

I fail to see how this is even an in-depth discussion. At all. There is nothing to discuss that has any in-depth value, it's just you trying to voice your opinion under the disguise of 'HAI LOOK I R HAVING SRS DISCUSSION' when all you're trying to do is deal an under-the-belt blow to something you don't like... and hiding behind Mods to protect your precious discussion by trying to keep the topic relevant to the Sonic fandom and not you. Which obviously nobody is buying.

Maybe this discussion would have had some validity if you asked for people's opinions on any fandom's artwork rather than singling out Sonic's fandom. e_e

But see then she would be a hypocrite, because her style is ripped from various animes. Not that she isn't being a hypocrite already.

Offline Nny

«Reply #14: March 05, 2009, 10:27:36 PM»
But see then she would be a hypocrite, because her style is ripped from various animes. Not that she isn't being a hypocrite already.

kingdom hearts
wait nvm, they got the idea from her

Offline Lovecraft

«Reply #15: March 05, 2009, 10:34:34 PM»

kingdom hearts

fucking lol'd
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #16: March 05, 2009, 11:19:10 PM»
Thats like saying just about everyone is wrong for what inspires them...realism, sonic, tlk, anime, cartoon, american style. Its all things that inspire people to do their art the way that they enjoy. If someone draws Sonic style, they enjoy it. And other people who have the same interests as them enjoy it as well. Saying they're just style-biting and its wrong, is wrong in itself. Because no matter what kind of art you do, its inspired by somewhere down the lines.

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #17: March 06, 2009, 02:17:25 AM»
Don't forget realism, HOW DARE THEY STEAL FROM REALITY AND BE UNORIGINAL.  ::)

Offline Hugo

«Reply #18: March 06, 2009, 10:51:37 AM»
If anyone else had made this thread would you be making these same posts? Please bear that in mind even if you hate the person who started it.

If you truly believe that this is a worthless discussion, try contacting a moderator and seeing about having it locked or removed from the board.

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #19: March 06, 2009, 11:40:59 AM»
If anyone else had made this thread would you be making these same posts? Please bear that in mind even if you hate the person who started it.

I would still be making them...

And the thread is destined to be locked anyhow.

Offline Tate

«Reply #20: March 06, 2009, 12:08:15 PM»

I would still be making them...

And the thread is destined to be locked anyhow.

Then perhaps you should consider not posting on this forum (In depth discussion), if you have such a total lack of self control.

ON TOPIC....

This is why I've stayed away from making fan characters, and all such other stuff. I personally would feel very disappointed in myself if my drawings were basically a carbon copy of someone else's, with just the colours swapped, or a random eye lash tossed in. I'm extremely unimpressed when I see people with basically a rip style, and I never pay them any mind. I also ignore furry artists who draw like this (randomly googled image)-it's just one of the hugely over used and ripped styles, the same with sonic, plain anime (Don't get me wrong. If you can draw anime with your own touch added to it, I'll pay attention. But if it's straight out of a how to draw?..), or whatever other mainstream style you can pick out, whatever show you can pick out.

I'm all for people starting out somewhere, and learning to draw from there, adding on their own shit (Look at mine. I started out from anime. Very bad anime), making their own style. But if I see someone who's just taken someone else's style and is drawing it over and over again, without ever learning from it or building up from it, .. just, no thanks.

And of course, the disclaimer: no, I do not hate sonic, or any other such show, and am in no way bashing them, blablabla. Nor am I saying I'm a wonderful artists and am the epitome of uniqueness or evolution in art. Only used myself as an example of 'building upon' and gaining your own style, because it's what I've done.

Offline Azula

«Reply #21: March 06, 2009, 12:46:04 PM»
there is nothing in depth about this. at all. if someone else had made this, we'd still be giving them a hard time because it's a stupid topic and a stupid argument.

everyone started off from somewhere. for me, it was TLK. i style-bit them and i style-bit them good. but looking at where i am at now, it doesn't even remotely resemble TLK's style.

so this thread just derives from sapph's thinking that ripping sonic's style is completely and horrible awful GOD DONT FUCKING DO IT but it's okay if you start off ripping some shitty anime's style.

if it was someone else, yes, we would be making the same arguments. you are truly and absolutely pathetic to actually think other than that. go back to whence you came and go circlejerk each other off. it's pretty obvious you two can't post anywhere without having each other post for moral support and validation that people actually agree with your silly ways.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:53:37 PM by Rorschach »

Offline Hathor

«Reply #22: March 06, 2009, 01:24:42 PM»
If people wanna "rip" styles, then that is their business. I started out with Sonic styles, Sonic the Comic got me into drawing actually, and nearly everyone starts out in the same way, not just with Sonic, but from whatever styles there are out there.

If you're calling Sonic style characters unoriginal from their big eyes, small bodies, etc, wouldn't that make anime characters with the same ol' cat ears and cat tails just as unorignal? Or human characters with the same ol' human faces, human hands and feet?

No.

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #23: March 06, 2009, 01:57:02 PM»

Who doesn't rip off some type of styles from others, it's praticly shown in almost anyones characters.
You'll see many anime types of characters with wings, feline characters with the samwe ol stripes and such. Yeah, think about that.

That's why nothing is really 100% original anymore.

Offline Sapphirus

«Reply #24: March 06, 2009, 01:57:35 PM»

kingdom hearts

Old witty insult is old.

anything