turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crits please! Help me out!  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Arley

Crits please! Help me out!
«: March 09, 2009, 04:41:25 PM»
How much would you pay?

Crits please! I want to know your peoples opinions on this port

please dont steal :c
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:21:23 PM by Arley »

Offline Hugo

Re: Critiques and Pricing Pwease
«Reply #1: March 09, 2009, 05:00:38 PM»
As long as you cleared up all your other commissions, I'd say you're good to go..

Style seems fine.

Offline Miserable

«Reply #2: March 09, 2009, 05:03:26 PM»
Love your work, really original sort of way-
You have a good variety of poses but I think you can be hell of a lot better-

mainly the thing that I see that takes away from your ports is , I don't know if this was intentional or not but maybe next time you shade you take a bit more time focusing on making everything look smooth and yummy :)

On some ports the head looks rather large for the body, but that just might be your style. (either way its cute :)
I do think you have some lovely pieces in here, just a bit rushed in my opinion x.o

I say 5-10 $ now, and maybe once you regain your composure you can up it.

Offline Arley

«Reply #3: March 09, 2009, 05:06:26 PM»
As long as you cleared up all your other commissions, I'd say you're good to go..

Style seems fine.
Currently I have some of my old commissions done but most of the others that have done so lost contact with me and I can't find them so that's one of my problems x_X

Offline Arley

Re: Crits please! Help me out!
«Reply #4: March 23, 2009, 10:08:26 PM»

IPGD

«Reply #5: March 23, 2009, 10:45:08 PM»
My main problem with this is the face. It looks very small and out of place, sort of as if you drew the hair on before you actually sketched in the underlying form of the face/head.

I would recommend redrawing the head entirely, but the body does look more or less all right except for a few small problems: The wrist should be a little thinner and the fingers longer, and there's a minor issue with his pectoral/armpit area. There's also something off about the hand on his head, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it myself. It doesn't really conform to the shape of his head, and it disturbs his hair in a way I don't really think is realistic (unless he actually does have a ridge of shorter hair at his part).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:47:24 PM by Matter »

Offline Arley

«Reply #6: March 23, 2009, 10:53:21 PM»
My main problem with this is the face. It looks very small and out of place, sort of as if you drew the hair on before you actually sketched in the underlying form of the face/head.

I would recommend redrawing the head entirely, but the body does look more or less all right except for a few small problems: The wrist should be a little thinner and the fingers longer, and there's a minor issue with his pectoral/armpit area. There's also something off about the hand on his head, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it myself. It doesn't really conform to the shape of his head, and it disturbs his hair in a way I don't really think is realistic (unless he actually does have a ridge of shorter hair at his part).
Ah okay. Ty n_n I'll go mod some stuff right now

Offline Arley

«Reply #7: March 24, 2009, 12:34:43 AM»
Modded some. Any more tips?

IPGD

«Reply #8: March 24, 2009, 01:26:28 AM»
It's looking a lot better.

WHY IS THIS TRANSPARENT

Normally I'd suggest not covering up the hand, but I think it really would look weird in any position other than behind his head.

What I did in the first picture would probably be a quicker and easier option, but you might even want to move the entire forearm further behind (which would basically involve reshaping the entire arm).

Offline Arley

«Reply #9: March 24, 2009, 03:20:57 AM»
How's this?

Offline Morgan

«Reply #10: March 24, 2009, 03:43:32 AM»
something about the back lining is bugging me. let me try to fix it. will edit in a bit with fixed

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:46:54 AM by Octavian »

IPGD

«Reply #11: March 24, 2009, 03:45:25 AM»
I would make the far forearm about a pixel wider (on the inside), but besides that, I'm not seeing any other major problems.

It's 5 am though and I might be blind so don't take my word for it

Offline Arley

«Reply #12: March 24, 2009, 03:57:14 AM»
Thanks alot morgy and Matter n_n

Offline Sync

«Reply #13: March 24, 2009, 02:26:07 PM»
i can't really find anything wrong anatomy wise, it's just, the lines are... shaky i guess? maybe make the lines thicker or soft line it or something else because the lineart is the only thing that's stopped me from buying art from you. yeahhh. more rambling i'll shut up.