turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [DONE] Premade Catagory  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Zechs

[DONE] Premade Catagory
«: March 11, 2009, 01:07:46 PM»
Instead of just one premade section under "offering artwork", I was wondering if it could be expanded to port art, character art etc. to be more user friendly.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:25:41 PM by Narnia »

Offline Cadman

Re: Premade Catagory
«Reply #1: March 11, 2009, 02:26:38 PM»
Umm...I'm not so sure I understand what you're going for here since there are six different subsections under 'Offering Artwork'. Port Art actually is a whole subsection unto itself as well as Character Art.

Clarification?

Offline Jenni

«Reply #2: March 11, 2009, 02:28:43 PM»
there's only one premade art section and it's a mixture of both character designs and portraits.

i think this is an ace idea, though.

Offline Zechs

«Reply #3: March 11, 2009, 02:44:54 PM»
Umm...I'm not so sure I understand what you're going for here since there are six different subsections under 'Offering Artwork'. Port Art actually is a whole subsection unto itself as well as Character Art.

Clarification?

Basically take the premade section and expand it into sub catagories

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #4: March 13, 2009, 12:35:44 PM»
We had thought about doing this originally, but at the time all the move-over FAM users were still not happy about all the sub categories on the forums. I can split the premade section into one of its own, though.

The only problem I see in this, is the people who like to sell premade ports WITH art and vice versa.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:40:18 PM by Turquoise »

Offline Tate

«Reply #5: March 24, 2009, 11:59:48 AM»
The main premades section would be for both, and then the other two would be for the designs and ports alone?

Offline raider56k

«Reply #6: April 20, 2009, 05:26:53 PM»
Maybe add message icons that represents port art, design art and another for those two combined. And enforce people to select one of those three options when creating a topic in the premade section.

Then people can instantly see what type of art is offered just by looking at the icon next to the topic title without the need of splitting up in more subcategories.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #7: May 06, 2009, 07:59:50 PM»
http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?board=28.0

The division is there, and premade ports will post to the ports gallery from now on.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #8: June 12, 2009, 06:39:43 PM»
So we put this in place, but people are still posting in the main forum instead of the child boards. Should I lock up the main one and force posts into the child forums?
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."