turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How much you'll pay for this?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Kaylour

How much you'll pay for this?
«: March 23, 2009, 09:26:36 AM»
Im making a avatar for one of my characters, his name is Gukumatz knows him more as Kukulkan or Quetzalcoatl, but it's my first time making something like this and i only have the first one (sit), so please, no bad comments i want suggestions how make it more better or what its wrong :3
JPG for security

Thanks all for the suggestions and the links, im thinking try to remake it ^-^ now i need help for my art, how much you'll pay for that and you can say me suggestions too, no bad comments please :c

Examples:
(c)Keiroko
(c)Kaylour(me x3)
Note: The snake thing is a old drawing, i made it the last year.
Oh and port too please c:
This one is a premade, im trying to make the fur effect, but i cant do it, so i'll be happy if you tell me do that effect ^^
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:07:55 AM by Kaylour »

Offline Sync

Re: How it looks?
«Reply #1: March 23, 2009, 02:03:57 PM»
hm... it's not badly done, but it's not isotomic. avatars are supposed to be done like they are in a 3d space but this looks like it's on a 2d plane. no i'm not claiming i can do better but yeah. i don't know how to fix it without completely redoing it cause it needs to be done like 3d, not 2d.

redundant stuff is redundant i'll shut up.

IPGD

«Reply #2: March 23, 2009, 02:32:49 PM»
It's very badly pillow shaded, and as Sync mentioned, it's not isometrically proportioned.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #3: March 25, 2009, 09:32:07 PM»
(Oh god snakes on a plane ahahh)

Adding something to what's been said as not to be redundant... how big is your character? This looks like a pretty large avatar, but proportion-wise, almost as if it's something small drawn large. Good luck!

Offline Kaylour

Re: How much you'll pay for this?
«Reply #4: March 29, 2009, 10:59:48 AM»
Thanks all for the suggestions and the links, it help me much ^^ its my first avatar, so it supposed not to be perfect and vorpalmuse, its a big/large avatar x3, now comments to my art, how much you'll pay for something like that, let me useful comments if you want, i let my traditional example and digital (i think) example and the port xP
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:06:00 AM by Kaylour »

Offline Cornelius

«Reply #5: March 29, 2009, 11:44:42 PM»
The Port character/whatever looks like it has a Skinny neck, One way to skinny that it cant support the head without the Collar. Maybe you can fix that? The Way I do it is I draw it first then I add all the little details that go along with it, also I dont know why But It always Irks me when a Dragon looks all...Weird. Like a Stubby snout or such I dont know why, must be me.

For Ports, Id guess do them for free for now, Until You gain Expeirence and such.
Traditional Drawings, about 1-3 Gds depending on the complexity of the Character.
Digital... Unless you can do more than just a Simple Background, Just maybe 1-2 GDS, :/

(lolidontsoundmeanright?!?)

Offline Creek

«Reply #6: March 30, 2009, 11:29:54 AM»
I kinda see the same thing in all youre drawings/ports. Youre only drawing Profile. Draw different angles and try longer range species. Like Humans, Birds, Felines, more reptilians, ect. The more angles and species you draw, the more likely you are to get commissioned.

anything