turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nonremap port pricing + crit at will.  (Read 4416 times)

Offline Tate

Nonremap port pricing + crit at will.
«: March 25, 2009, 06:15:22 AM»

Currently selling these for $10 to get some cash for a friend. But what would you suggest selling for, in the future? They take about two hours to do.

I'm not intensely interested in crits on these, but, as always, you are more than welcome to leave crits at your own will. Please include a price, though. (And I guess a different price if I did whatever your crits are, if you think there'd be a difference)

imgimg

Pricing or even if you'd buy things like them, and what would make you want to buy them. And any other crits/suggestions/comments you might have toward the two pieces.

I consider these sketches.

http://i39.tinypic.com/143maux.png SEMI-NSFW. Nipples. D8<

Redline? Suggestions? What?

This is going to be a base for a ref and for putting different outfits on.
----
img
Okay, so this is a character of mine i haven't paid much attention to. I've been thinking more and more of reviving him, since I'm practicing canines, and it'd be nice to have one to impose my own ideas on, and not be confined by someone else's.

Anyway, I'm thinking to change his hair style, since his old one made his head appear -round-, instead of long and elegant like a collie's. Just didn't work, and made him always look wrong whenever I drew him. So uh, i doodled a feral were thing style hairdo on him. But I'm open to ideas? doodles? I dunno. I'm just having some trouble.

I'm also thinking of turning him into a borzoi (russian wolfhound) instead of a rough collie. They just seem nicer to draw, to me. Aren't they so cute? :>

-----
img

crit pl0x. Seriously, not gonna bite your head off if you rip me a new asshole in crit. I know I have vast room for improvement.

-----
img

I fucked up a lot of shit.

-His hands are way too small
-His legs look like shit
-her hands might be too big, just a little.
-YOU CAN'T SEE HIS FAYSE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW
-Masha's a little too big. 8C

Arden's like seven foot something and Masha's four foot six.

--------
Can you please rip this apart and redline for me?
img

My male thing has a wolf character, so of course, I feel the need to get better at anthro wolves. (The type that's just a wolf standing up on two legs with minor adjustments toward human anatomy, not the usual 'furre' kind.)

These are doodles done as an attempt to try and familiarize myself with a few more troublesome aspects of canines in general. The hands and feet doodles were done initially from looking at this, but after the first of each, done on my own. When I showed my bf this, he asked if the fingers could be longer. He didn't specify what part of the fingers, or overall, but what's your opinion? And general advice on the hands/feet is welcome, tutorials on the sort are welcome. (uhm, just ignore the human hand in there. It's absolutely horrid.)

Everything else was done from looking at random photos. The bottom snarling one is rather bad, I'll admit it. I'm rather happy with the uppermost noses, but I'm sure I have more than enough room to improve.

Wolf tutorials and such would be appreciated, too, by the way. But please, advice/crit/redlines would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:57:30 AM by Masha »

Offline Azula

Re: UGH WOLVES-Crit+redlines+general help and advice
«Reply #1: March 25, 2009, 10:24:38 AM»
i gotta go real quick but ill say this, for the hands, anthro wolves have the same size of palm, but havesmaller, thicker digits that resemble the lil.. idk what you'd call them on canines. it also counts on style so when i get on my break @ school i'll post one of my hands i was working on

Offline Tate

Re: UGH WOLVES-Crit+redlines+general help and advice
«Reply #2: March 26, 2009, 05:05:33 AM»
That makes sense, that the palms would be about the same size. And okay. 8D

I should probably practice drawing actual hands, too, since I'm actually sitting down and doodling parts for once.

Offline Tate

Re: Thebig bad wolf is gonna EAT YOU
«Reply #3: March 28, 2009, 05:11:52 PM»

Maeve

«Reply #4: March 28, 2009, 06:15:08 PM»

but hey, what do i know. #SI

BYE I LOVE YOU

Offline Tate

«Reply #5: March 28, 2009, 06:21:14 PM»
Do they have two thumbs then? O.o;

Maeve

«Reply #6: March 28, 2009, 06:34:24 PM»

Offline Tate

«Reply #7: March 28, 2009, 06:46:45 PM»
???? My dogs' paws look like that. S'why i made it stick up a little.

or are my dogs freaks............
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:48:17 PM by Masha »

Offline Tate

Re: Taters?
«Reply #8: April 05, 2009, 04:41:04 AM»
+new

Offline lolo

«Reply #9: April 05, 2009, 10:37:59 PM»
i saw this on your DA and was pretty impressed with the expression and the attempt at foreshortening (which is oh my god such a pain in the butt)
the curls look really good but the front part of her hair looks pretty flat in comparison
the arm and shoulder combo really needs some work when it comes to how it curves downward and the placement of the left elbow. it looks just like a single curve, really awkward.
the face is supercute but something about how big the mouth and chin are looks a little off~!
good practice tho
Everyone had got something in hand cept natty dread

Offline Tate

«Reply #10: April 06, 2009, 01:50:10 PM»
It is a huge pain. xD Which is why I didn't draw anything below the arms (it looks good that way too, anyway, so i guess it's not obvious i couldn't finish the rest?)

Perhaps with the hair, it's because I used the same strength and darkness the whole way through? So there's no darkness where it's further away, and no lightness where the light hits it. damnit

UHMMM I think I actually smacked my forehead when my pen stroked down in in a curve like that. You can see I tried to thicken the line for an elbow, but obviously not enough to throw off the round look, or to even make it look like she has much of an elbow. xD See? This is where I curse myself for drawing directly in pen.

(thankyou >DDD) The mouth is perhaps a little too wide, but I think I'd exaggerated it on purpose. But you're definitely right on the chin-now that you mention it. The whole time something's been bothering me, I thought it was maybe the cheeks that made the face appear way too wide (even though she's supposed to be.. yunno, a cheek pouching ham). But now you mention it, her chin is what's causing the wide look. I probably drew it wide when i drew it in relation to the wider nose. Woops.

But thank you 8D I'll keep it in mind in the future when I draw. Especially the chin thing. I've only just started practicing elbows properly too, so i'll need to watch it well.

Offline Tate

Re: Hair style help PLEASE! image heavy
«Reply #11: April 07, 2009, 04:38:19 PM»
+new topic. Feel free to respond to old topics, of course. 8D Just make sure you mention which one you're commenting on.

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #12: April 07, 2009, 05:03:43 PM»
For the hairstyle on the collie, I like the one on the right, it makes him look very regal, idk if that's what you were going for. I would make it a little more poofy but I just like poofy hair. I would suggest other hairstyles but I have no idea, I'm never happy with the hairstyles I give my male characters. Sorry #SL

Offline Sedde

«Reply #13: April 08, 2009, 08:26:26 AM»
Dude I think a change to borzoi would be AWESOME. I'm pretty much cool with the hairdo you doodled up on the right, too, but I'm weird about slicked-back hair that gets curly at the ends. >_>;; I'd personally want it to be more like a horse's mane in that respect, and just fall away from his spine as it went back, blending into his fur. BUT that's just me.

Offline Tate

«Reply #14: April 08, 2009, 08:40:52 AM»
Anarchy-I think I'm going to go one or the other, with his hair-slick or poofy. So it's either going to lose the curls at the end, or doing ti have feathery floof in layers the whole way down. Hrmmm. I also have a hard time with hair styles. :/ A lot just become horribly annoying to draw, in the end.

Sedde-I KNOW WOULDN'T IT??? 8D The only problem I'd have with it is the long face in a frontal view, since borzoi always have their snouts pointed down with their eyes facing forward when looking at you, instead of with their noses up. Perhaps I'd shorten the nose just a little, to about where I've already drawn it, so it doesn't look too awkward. >C Hair thing addressed above.

Offline Tate

Re: ANATOMY HELP AND SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!
«Reply #15: May 02, 2009, 06:24:42 PM»
+new topic

IPGD

«Reply #16: May 02, 2009, 07:04:22 PM»
Start over with a reference. Here's one:

Offline Tate

«Reply #17: May 02, 2009, 07:08:32 PM»
Start over with a reference. Here's one:

Got one that isn't a skinnybitch? One closer to my bodytype?

IPGD

«Reply #18: May 02, 2009, 07:19:56 PM»

Offline Tate

«Reply #19: May 02, 2009, 07:24:41 PM»
C: Helpful as always, I see. Or, well, not nearly as you used to be.

This is like finally meeting your favorite star and finding out they're a cop out. How disappointing. But I guess dealing with all the animu tards has you down to this already. Sad.

IPGD

«Reply #20: May 02, 2009, 07:31:12 PM»
C: Helpful as always, I see. Or, well, not nearly as you used to be.

This is like finally meeting your favorite star and finding out they're a cop out. How disappointing. But I guess dealing with all the animu tards has you down to this already. Sad.
1. I have not slept in about 22 hours
2. I have to finish about 5 month's worth of work in the next 40 days, so I probably shouldn't be commenting on these threads at all, much less doing my walls of text
3. My tablet's pressure sensitivity is broken and I don't feel like restarting my computer

Offline Tate

«Reply #21: May 02, 2009, 07:36:49 PM»
Then please get some sleep, and come back once you've finished your work and restarted your computer.

I really appreciate your critique and insight, when you are able to put effort into it.

And feel free to chew my ass out all you want. #SR
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 07:41:37 PM by Masha »

IPGD

«Reply #22: May 02, 2009, 07:48:53 PM»
are you snarking me mister bear

~!sEe:oYoU:oiN:otWo:oMoNtHs!!~

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #23: May 07, 2009, 02:53:49 AM»
if you want it close to YOUR specific body type...

why not take a picture of yourself in a similar pose, with nothing but underwear on?

idk thats the best i could do ~__~

Offline Tate

«Reply #24: May 07, 2009, 05:37:44 AM»
I should take it down, as I've finished the piece.. but on the question, I'd say mainly because I do not have any full length mirrors or a camera with a timer. xD Though I've had some luck with my webcam and such.

MY SECOND EXCUSE IS THAT IT'D GIVE ME EYE CANCER.

Do you SERIOUSLY want me to have eye cancer? :C