turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: DS buttons and other marble related things  (Read 899 times)

Offline Cinna

DS buttons and other marble related things
«: March 30, 2009, 06:59:57 PM»
I have a couple questions about making a marbled, using it, and how to do something specific with DS related to ds buttons.

1. How do you edit dragonspeak buttons, and then how do you upload them to the skin (or change them if they already exist)?

2. I'm trying to make a button that staff can press to make a picture pop up and cover all players in the dreams screen. So far I have, "When someone presses a certain ds button, and they're staff...." but I can't figure out what effect to use.

I thought maybe make the picture an object and say, place object in front of all players present..or something like that..but I can't make any one object big enough to cover the whole screen, or most of it.

Thanks a lot for anyone that helps, if you want to talk to me personally about it, whisper silicon valley

Offline Heimdall

Re: DS buttons and other marble related things
«Reply #1: March 30, 2009, 07:11:22 PM»
1. Dragonspeak buttons 1-10 are in your buttons.fox file. DS buttons 11-100 are in dsbtns.fox. Just add those to your dream (if they're not already there) and edit away. On a default skin.ini they are hidden--you need to click the dropdown list of all buttons, find the button you're interested in, and set it as "visible in tab _" or whatever.

2. MAYBE "When someone presses a certain ds button, and they're staff, everywhere on the map, show any furre's DS button __" but Idk, haven't tested it.

3. One button alone won't be big enough to cover everything, nah. You'll have to take your picture and cut it into two. Two should cover it just fine. =)

Offline Cinna

Re: DS buttons and other marble related things
«Reply #2: March 30, 2009, 07:25:54 PM»
1. Dragonspeak buttons 1-10 are in your buttons.fox file. DS buttons 11-100 are in dsbtns.fox. Just add those to your dream (if they're not already there) and edit away. On a default skin.ini they are hidden--you need to click the dropdown list of all buttons, find the button you're interested in, and set it as "visible in tab _" or whatever.

3. One button alone won't be big enough to cover everything, nah. You'll have to take your picture and cut it into two. Two should cover it just fine. =)

I'll post my success with the ds command once I try it out!

Also, i'll definitely try that! You're advice has been very helpful
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:50:42 PM by Kazari »