turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Virus  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Hiccuped

Virus
«: March 30, 2009, 07:11:18 PM»
Hey guys,
So in class today, we some how got onto the topic of the computer virus that's in thousands of computers already, and we'll destroy them on April first as a 'joke'.

Supposedly It's supposed to crash the computers, the virus made by some Russian guys?

What have you guys heard about it?

Offline Tate

Re: Virus
«Reply #1: March 30, 2009, 08:19:47 PM»
I heard about it on the science channel. :C I'm not sure if they said there's a way to get rid of it?

They said it might not crash your computer, but instead, might use all the computers it's on to do a denial of service attack on big websites.

Offline Azula

«Reply #2: March 30, 2009, 08:41:17 PM»
y2k was real too...........

Offline Minders

Offline Morgan

«Reply #4: March 31, 2009, 03:32:07 PM»
this is so silly lol i heard about it this morning. the media is really hyping this shit up

OMG UR COMPUTERZ R GOIN 2 CRASH APRIL 1ST
ALL OF THEM EVER

yeah if you're a dumbshit that downloads viruses maybe

Offline Nny

«Reply #5: March 31, 2009, 03:53:05 PM»

Offline Lovedoll

«Reply #6: March 31, 2009, 04:29:54 PM»
Apparently if you can't download this tool/view the website, you're infected with the worm.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

So from what I gathered, if you can download that file you should be fine. P:

And there's a relatively simple check to see if you're infected with Conficker: Point your browser towards f-secure.com, secureworks.com, microsoft.com or other security sites. If you get a "page cannot be displayed" error for all the sites, there's a good chance they're blocked by Conficker or similar malware on your PC.

If that happens to you, you'd also be blocked from normally downloading free Conficker removal tools. But you can get around the malware blocks by using a Web proxy or alternate download links, according to Stewart.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #7: March 31, 2009, 05:59:05 PM»
yeah my dad made me check for it because he works for the air force and they were worried about it. actually, that was his reason when i told him it might be a hoax -- that if the air force worries it must be something.
well of course the air force would worry LOL

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #8: March 31, 2009, 09:36:03 PM»
Ironically, we talked about it class too. It could either delete your entire hard drive or steal your information. It's going to happen april fools so for all we know it could be a huge hoax. Hard to say.

Offline alexandra

«Reply #9: April 01, 2009, 09:34:34 AM»
from what i heard it isn't a hoax. microsoft is paying 20k just to find out who started the worm or how to stop it

Offline La-la

«Reply #10: April 01, 2009, 01:06:26 PM»
well i'm good so far.

Offline La-la

«Reply #11: April 01, 2009, 01:10:47 PM»
p.s. if yoiu want to uodate your windows with a service pack that supposedly protects you from this, go here http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms08-067.mspx

Offline Tate

«Reply #12: April 01, 2009, 01:49:36 PM»
yeeeeah, i got nothin'

Offline Azula

«Reply #13: April 02, 2009, 09:28:52 AM»
i got this e-mail from my professor that was sent out to my whole class LOL

My computer suffered a massive failure, taking your
grades with it. Please bring your previous tests to the
next class meeting. You should have retained each of
them as specified in the syllabus. Sorry.

Offline La-la

«Reply #14: April 02, 2009, 09:44:05 AM»
LOL feel bad for the suckers that threw them away

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #15: April 03, 2009, 08:33:59 PM»
I figured that thing was just a rumour. My husband was saying you type in F-you (except the whole word) 3 times and it'll stop. Also other people have said it was a spam virus that targets your email and sends dozens of spam to everyone at a high rate. Thats the only reason I thought it was a rumour, because there were so many different versions of the story. Plus that'd make a killer April Fools joke, to actually scare people about viruses. I wonder if there are any incidents of the virus....hmm
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:35:34 PM by Mewstara »