turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: heavy crit needed on female body  (Read 904 times)

Offline ADALEINE

heavy crit needed on female body
«: April 01, 2009, 02:55:52 AM»

im absolutely desperate for more help

tina n rhia helped me with some of it but i hella need help with the head placement n arm placements DDDD: also if the legs look ok so far..

p.s. she's a furre canine...

IPGD

Re: heavy crit needed on female body
«Reply #1: April 01, 2009, 04:13:31 AM»
I'd redline this, but a) it's 5 am, b) I'd basically have to redraw the entire image and I don't think that's going to do you much good. Instead, I'm just going to say this:

~*sTuDy AnAtOmY*~
Until you understand the structure of the body, you're not going to be able to work anything out.

Buy a book on anatomy. Read Loomis, Bridgman and Hogarth. Take life drawing classes if you can.

If you want to improve this particular drawing, use a reference (or, if you have a mirror, look at yourself). You aren't at a point where you are going to be able to draw something completely from your memory of what the body looks like because your memories aren't actually of what the body looks like. Unless you have actively studied proportion, musculature, etc., all you will be able to call into mind are simplified symbols that the brain creates to recognize things you have seen before more quickly. While this effect makes it much easier to immediately recognize a chair as a chair instead of something entirely different altogether, it also makes it much harder to translate what you see or have seen onto a canvas. You can overcome this by deepening your understanding of the basic and complex constructs of the body (and, when directly referencing, purposefully avoiding the tendency to symbolize. See the book I linked before), but you won't be able to do that overnight. For now, your best option is to find a good reference, close to the pose you want, and work off that.

Also, don't hide your problem areas. That means hands that aren't behind the back

Offline ADALEINE

Re: heavy crit needed on female body
«Reply #2: April 01, 2009, 05:03:04 AM»
ty ty ty ty~~~~~

wow holy shit the books are super helpful LOL
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:21:16 AM by CLEMENTINE »

anything