turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rodent Port Set  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Tate

Rodent Port Set
«: February 26, 2008, 04:10:04 AM»
I'm making a port set to go along with my remake of the furcadia rodent avvy (using Kae's humans)..

But, here are the sketches for the ports:

Neutral

Male

Female

Does anyone have suggestions? Such as on the hair, the outfits, what kind of markings... Just..anything. Throw something at me. Redline, if ya want. Or tell me a whole new thing I could do for them, instead!!

Note: Male rodent will not become macho masculine. xD I can't draw that.

Offline Wizard

Re: Rodent Port Set
«Reply #1: February 26, 2008, 07:25:19 AM»
Only thing Mr. Goldfishwizard here can think of is to make the male rodent's hair shorter. Not like the neutral's, either--shorter than that, even.

Offline Tate

«Reply #2: February 27, 2008, 03:14:08 AM»

Made to Ed's redraw of the hair. xD May or may not be the final.

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #3: February 27, 2008, 08:42:32 AM»
These are SO CUTE. :O Hehe, I love rodents..

But anyways, I really like how you changed the hair for the male. The other two really don't look like they need much changing, really. xD;

So yeah, useless post, sorry... Just wanted to throw out how much I love 'em.
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Tate

«Reply #4: February 27, 2008, 08:53:14 AM»
Thank you, Dor. :3

I don't know if I already posted this, but, the ports WILL be available for licensing . Meaning, you give me amount of money (In this case, five bucks), I write your name down on a list of people who can use the set in their dream, and send ya the set.

There will, of course, be rules. You cannot share them amount your friends, you /must/ tell me what dream(s) it will be in (and tell me if you change the dream they're gonna be in), your dream /must/ have a security protector on, and you  may only edit the ports within the guidelines.

Such guidelines are changing the remaps (what remaps where, markings, clothing's 'markings'), and the back ground. You may not edit the lineart, the shading, or take out my sig. If anyone doesn't know how to change the remaps about without touching my shading, I'll be glad to show them the tutorial that tells how. xD

One can also be used as a personal port, but it will still cost five dollars--but I /will/ edit the lines and such for you to look like your character, within reason, and change the BG.

Any comments on that? Questions?

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: February 27, 2008, 08:57:06 AM»
i've seen that most people who use that method to make money of their ports usually have a hard time making business, but good luck.

Offline Tate

«Reply #6: February 27, 2008, 08:59:05 AM»
Well, I honestly don't want to put them out for free, but also don't want to just give them to one person (or use them myself---I have no dream!)..

If I don't get a lot of business? Oh well. People can't stand to fork out five dollars for a specie set? Their loss.

(Also note that I may be doing more species in the future.. just depends on my laziness factor)

Offline Sync

«Reply #7: February 27, 2008, 09:00:36 AM»
most people don't do it because they want patches custom for their own dream, not because they're greedy rrr.

Offline Tate

«Reply #8: February 27, 2008, 09:04:21 AM»
Ah, well, if they want custom patches, then they can feel free to commission me at no discount. xD I'm glad to make specie sets by request and do the same deal as this, but if they want it for themselves, then..yeah. You get my drift. xD

That's also part of why I'm doing this. Free sets are obviously over-used, because everyone /can/ use them. And personal sets cost out the butt. So, charging a small sum would keep /everyone/ from having them, as I know most people refuse to pay anything for pixels, but it also will not completely drain their pockets. xD

Emerald flame made a post like this on the forums, I believe it was the art slaves thread. That's what prompted me to do the small sum thing.

Offline Galaxy Desires

«Reply #9: March 03, 2008, 06:00:06 PM»
Cuteness!

My only suggestion, based on the male remapp - Is perhaps adding a little more shading to the jawline?

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #10: March 04, 2008, 01:17:38 PM»
I really like how the male port came out. I think these are lookin good so far.