turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Lots of Updates!  (Read 974 times)

Offline Narnia

Lots of Updates!
«: February 26, 2008, 11:33:44 PM»
As you may have noticed over the past few days, FAZ has undergone a series of updates to bring you improved functionality.

Layout Update
The first update you should have noticed is the change in layout which has given us a fluid layout to accommodate a wider variety of visitors and applications on the website. You’ll notice a change to the front page layout which provides useful information for visitors, such as recent posts as well as the art you were accustomed too.

Blog Update
The second major update that has been made is a change in the blog system which provides more functionality! To take advantage of the new blog system you will have to follow the following steps:

1.   Click “Blog”
2.   Click “Work on your Blog”
3.   Click “Settings” (located on the right side)
4.   On the settings screen, set all of the options for your blog and make sure to check “Enable Blog” then click “Save”

After enabling your blog you will be able to add new entries by doing the following:

1.   Click “Blog”
2.   Click “Write new article” (located on the right side)

Upon clicking “write new article” an editor will open for you to type your blog. To make the blog appear in your profile you will need to set the reading rights at the bottom to “Public” and check the publish box under the subject field. (One a blog is published it cannot be unpublished, but it can be set to private.) Only blogs that are published and available to the public will appear in your profile. Blogs available to members and buddies only will be available only to those groups through the blog tab.

Those of you who used the previous blog system and would like to recover your old blogs, please send me a PM and I will provide you with a link to retrieve them.

Download System
With the updates has come the addition of a download system! As of writing this article only one item is available for download, but I hope to see many more users contribute. The download system allows users to submit portraits and patches for other users to download and use in their own dreams. While submitted the item for the download system you can also include a screenshot. I would like to encourage many of the artists here to take part in using this feature to distribute your free patches and portraits!

Removal of Ads
You’ll also notice with the update that I have removed almost every ad from the website. Continuing to use the mod on the website that inserted them in between posts was no longer feasible. I hope you enjoy seeing less ads, but please keep the following in mind. If you enjoy this website and what is being provided to you, please consider making a donation. Paypal and Dragonscales are accepted. Donations help me to continue providing updates to the website and hosting contests with other staff members from FAM and FAZ.

Forum Updates
Changes have been made to the forums. At the suggestion of users we have now added commission review and art alert boards for the communities use. I have also enabled the ability for users to delete their own posts.

Dream Update
Many of you are familiar with the FAM dream and it is receiving an update of its own. I have been informed that the FAM dream will now have a FAZ lounge. Please visit! It is currently uploading in Allergia in the hall of dreams.

Please let me know what you think of all the update! I hope you are enjoying the site!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:36:03 PM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Kiwi

Re: Lots of Updates!
«Reply #1: February 29, 2008, 09:13:28 PM»
You're amazing.