turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Remorse of a Toaster Episode 1: The Shibari Shark [SOLD!]  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Virgin

Once upon a fateful night, a curious Kaede of the Nakajima variety did return to that long-forgotten place known as Furcadia. Dusting the years' unrelenting reminder of her absence from her Eggy list, she did then set about the task of seeing who-the-hell-was-still-actually-here. Surely enough, she ran into many an old acquaintance from those long-gone years, and decided to sit around spending some time with them.

It was whilst the Kaede was sitting there, did a most peculiar sight grace her oculars. There, hovering along the poorly crafted pixeltastic pathway, (and somehow not impaling itself on the jagged edges, gj Dragon's Eye.) was a toaster! A toaster with BUTTERFLY wings, no less! Squeeing with delight, the once-fursecuting Kaede had believed she had found a way to remain on Furcadia without being a complete furry. She scoured the digo market, but alas, the toaster was nowhere to be found. It was then that she was informed that the toaster was an april-fools'-only digo, and that it was a one-off, at that.

Kaede sighed dejectedly, and remained ever hopeful that one day, the toasters may return.

As this year's April first rolled around, Kaede hovered over the digo market. Watching, waiting, tensely she sat. Suddenly - A notice over the Furcadian Advertisement channel! Although shocked and appalled that furcadia had implemented such a thing whilst she was away, the rage was soon forgotten as she was too busy screaming, flailing and waving her credit cards around.

Then, it happened.

Kaede dropped $200.

On a digo fucking market item.

A bunch of jagged pixels.

Once the initial euphoria of toasterly goodness subsided, the now-genderless, inanimate-object-toaster-Kaede lamented its new form. It wondered, "Was it really worth it..?". The answer, of course, was 'yes'. But the fact remained that it had, in its haste, taken the money out of the wrong account, and will need to use its high-interest credit card in order to pay for the upcoming shelter fees for its cat. The Kaede is heading overseas for a short while, soon, you see.

It was then that a thought hit the toaster. It would create artworks, design top-notch characters and sell them off to reclaim its ill-spent cash, thus avoiding further credit crunching!

Beaming with pride, the toaster - now a salestoaster - headed over to FAZ...

TL;DR: Check it out! The Shibari Shark Auction!

This started out as a bid to help Poi out, I was gonna auction this off and give the profits to her. However, it looks like I'm a little in the shit myself, and she looks to be well on her way to making her target without my help as is. She even went so far as to say she didn't need my help when I asked Q_Q.

So I present to you: The Shibari Shark. A nondescript shark with cat-ears and a :3 for extra cuteness. It's based on a Grey Nurse shark, but the port is entirely remappable, so you can change this character to whatever the hell you want. The artwork is currently saved in such a way that I can change the colors easily for you, so I'll do that at no extra charge. Shibari is rope-typing. Think rope bondage. This one I've devised is a little unconventional, but has been created for the purpose of HIDING THE NAUGHTY BITS.

This auction contains a package of three items. A port, A character artwork, and the alt "Shibari" (naked, real word, and packaged in as a freebie at no additional cost because I'm nice like that. You don't actually have to take or use the alt if you think it's a shit name. I think it's pretty cool.)

HERE'S THE MERCHANDISE.

ART

PORT

Hair remaps to Hair
Eyes remap to Eyes
Ropes remap to Bracers
Light Grey area remaps to Marking
Dark Grey are remaps to Fur
Spots and other black markings remap to Vest
Background and signature is nonremappable

Other color remap samples can be provided on request. The markings integrate seamlessly with the fur when set to the same color. Thievery will attract DMCA notices.

I'm taking Paypal only because I'm a moron and I bought a toaster.
Okay, yeah, it's pretty obvious that I don't need the money if I have it to blow in the first place. I'll take portspaces and GDS, too.
One space = $5 USD, 10 GDS = $5 USD, as portspaces are the only digo I'm interested in.
In the instance that equal value is met, I will take Paypal over portspaces, and portspaces over GDS.

End: SOLD! AB WAS REACHED!
SB: 10 USD or equivalent
HB: 50 USD Paypal - Tetres
AB: 50 USD

Post here or whisper "Virgin" on Furc to bid. :3
If you want to bid anonymously, please tell me so in your message.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:41:55 PM by Virgin »

Offline shelburne

Re: Remorse of a Toaster Episode 1: The Shibari Shark
«Reply #1: April 06, 2009, 09:53:18 AM»
this.... is the best design i think i've ever seen.

good luck!

Offline La-la

«Reply #2: April 06, 2009, 10:09:19 AM»
when/if anyone buys this i urge them to actually read about nurse sharks >__> great design, good luck.

Offline Infinity

«Reply #3: April 06, 2009, 06:40:44 PM»
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS DESERVES A BUMP.

Fade into my distance

Offline Virgin

«Reply #4: April 06, 2009, 07:30:43 PM»
when/if anyone buys this i urge them to actually read about nurse sharks

Yeah, I should have mentioned that they should do so... she was specifically made that type of shark because they're not usually aggressive. Gentle sharkie. :3

Offline La-la

«Reply #5: April 06, 2009, 07:39:46 PM»
#1 for shark bites though, because of people's stupidity and them wanting to pet wild animals!  ::)

Offline Nny

«Reply #6: April 07, 2009, 04:33:00 AM»
Go, my fellow toaster, GOOO.

Offline "Z"

«Reply #7: April 07, 2009, 05:08:54 AM»
LMAO! THAT..has got to be the most awesome "HELLIMSELLINGTHISSTUFF" advert I've ever seen. I love the end.

I'M TAKING PAYPAL ONLY, BECAUSE I'M A MORON AND BOUGHT A TOASTER!!

Yeah..anyway, I have no use for the art and such, it's lovely, but I have no use for it.

I just really loved the post X3

Offline Virgin

«Reply #8: April 08, 2009, 01:19:33 AM»
Thanks for all the positive comments, guys. It really makes me want to keep the work up. I'll put up some more premades and stuff after I finish this port patch for Black Haven that I keep starting then restarting.

I might get rid of that starting bid, too. Seems like nobody wants to bid on a $50 package like this, even though it's really great value.

Offline Virgin

«Reply #9: April 09, 2009, 07:08:18 PM»
ugh. Okay. I removed the starting bid. :c This makes me very sad. How often are premades bought? Anyone know?

Offline La-la

«Reply #10: April 09, 2009, 08:29:59 PM»
i've sold 3 and bought over 4. try making a variety, sorry to disappoint you but i doubt you'll make 200 dollars off of one design and port.

Offline Virgin

«Reply #11: April 10, 2009, 03:43:39 AM»
Oh, no. I knew it wouldn't sell for $200. But $50 is quite reasonable, wouldn't you say? ;A;'

Offline Amber

«Reply #12: April 10, 2009, 08:57:15 AM»
If I had paypal, I'd buy it!
But.. I don't. xD
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet.

Offline Virgin

Okay, I updated payment methods. FFFFF GET BIDDIN' PLZ. I may need to extend it. New close date reliant on first bid.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:43:07 AM by Virgin »

Offline Virgin

First bid was placed anonymously at 15 GD.
New high bid - Tetres at 20 USD.
Auction will close at 23:59 one calendar month from today.

Offline Sebbi

WOAH.
SO.FRIKKING.CUTE.

Good luck! It looks like you're getting it anyway ^^

Offline Scur

I'll take it! Wait, I don't have tits. nm.
Nice tie, btw.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:42:20 PM by Scur »

anything