turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price This?  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Jade Ravenwing

Price This?
«: April 11, 2009, 08:19:27 PM»

If I were to do commissions in this style would anyone be willing to commission me? If so, for how much?

(Ignore the off-anatomy. I'm only going for the coloring style)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:00:25 AM by Jade Ravenwing »

Offline Creek

Re: Price This?
«Reply #1: April 11, 2009, 08:50:49 PM»
4-6$

Your anatomy is still very wonky. And the character barely stands out on that background. You should use references to get the poses correct.

The animal also looks like a crossbreed between a canine and feline.

This is the closest i could find to match your picture. Look at the placements of where the legs are, at the angle of the muzzle, how thick it is, ect ect.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #2: April 11, 2009, 09:26:59 PM»
I forgot to mention that this was a speed paint. I didn't ask for critique, and I see the errors that are in there. If I did this style as commissions I'd pay a lot more attention to the anatomy. The character isn't supposed to stand out a lot in this picture either.

I did an awkward pose on purpose as well. -sighs- When I said style I meant coloring style.

And for the crossbreed it's not supposed to be anything specific.

Offline Creek

«Reply #3: April 11, 2009, 10:13:12 PM»
You asked for a price, I gave you one.

When people commission, they just don't look at shading style, they look at how the character stands out, and at anatomy. Thats why I said something about it. And if it's just a speed painting, why are you asking for pricing on it? That makes no sense. You want to get priced on something, take time and put work into something.

Offline Focus

«Reply #4: April 11, 2009, 11:07:08 PM»
You asked for a price, I gave you one.

When people commission, they just don't look at shading style, they look at how the character stands out, and at anatomy. Thats why I said something about it. And if it's just a speed painting, why are you asking for pricing on it? That makes no sense. You want to get priced on something, take time and put work into something.

Speed paintings can be priced too...
She might just want to see how much she can get out of what she likes to do? :)

Me, I would payyyy 7$? :o
oh and I like the way you did the face. owo
[img]

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #5: April 11, 2009, 11:21:09 PM»
I think you should specify that you only meant coloring style in the first post, since people tend to assume style means the general style of the picture. ;)

But I really like this and it's excellent for a speed paint, wonderful highlights and shading! I'd say $5-$8 depending on time and complexity.
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: April 14, 2009, 12:35:32 PM»
I'm afraid I wouldn't pay money for this particular piece. I'd give you feedback as to why but you don't want feedback so *shrug*.

qfe
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Morgan

«Reply #7: April 14, 2009, 04:13:52 PM»
I'm afraid I wouldn't pay money for this particular piece. I'd give you feedback as to why but you don't want feedback so *shrug*.

qfe

Offline Hugo

«Reply #8: April 14, 2009, 11:13:30 PM»
That is damn good shading, but until I see how your lines would look in a typical picture, I can't price effectively.

IPGD

«Reply #9: April 14, 2009, 11:43:02 PM»

qfe

Offline Hugo

«Reply #10: April 15, 2009, 04:44:10 PM»
That is damn good shading, but until I see how your lines would look in a typical picture, I can't price effectively.

I can't see the image on half of my (four) monitors. It's very dark and a bit hard to see.
Sorry to hear that your monitors are dark?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #11: April 16, 2009, 01:14:29 PM»
I'd have to say I can't really see it on either of my laptops, my desktop, or my work computer.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Creek

«Reply #12: April 16, 2009, 01:56:34 PM»
It's probably because they used the same colours in the background as in the character, as to making the character not stand out. They blend together way to easily, and that needs to be fixed.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #13: April 16, 2009, 02:49:00 PM»
This has nothing to do with pricing. Come on guys.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:52:10 PM by Hugo »

Offline Tate

«Reply #14: April 16, 2009, 02:50:41 PM»
Right. She just wants pricing, and absolutely no say on how to improve her work and thus get a higher price. Based on this, I'd say if I somehow ever bought it, I'd pay five dollars.

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #15: April 17, 2009, 06:29:58 PM»
I would pay 5$

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #16: April 26, 2009, 12:18:41 PM»
Thanks to those who actually priced it instead of argued about little nit-picky things.

It's not that I don't want to improve, I just do not want crits on this particular piece.

Offline Zim

«Reply #17: April 26, 2009, 03:40:17 PM»
Thanks to those who actually priced it instead of argued about little nit-picky things.

It's not that I don't want to improve, I just do not want crits on this particular piece.

Make the intent of your post clear. If you wish to have your work priced or critiqued, please ask in the post. If you do NOT want critique, please state this in your post.

You did not state you did not want critique, so people thought it was allowed. Please be more specific when asking for what you want. Pricing and critique often go hand in hand, as people are inclined to give a reason to why they wouldn't pay more than $x for a particular piece.

Offline Jade Ravenwing

«Reply #18: April 26, 2009, 08:49:15 PM»
Well sorry for not being clear enough. I, personally, take pricing and crits as two separate things. And I thought I read somewhere that if someone does not say they want crits, then you do not give them crits. Though I might have read wrong.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:19:35 AM by Jade Ravenwing »

Offline Spellplague

«Reply #19: April 27, 2009, 04:41:30 AM»
$5-8
Contact
(faz/fam/da/rpr) spellplague