turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price for my ports?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Meliss

Price for my ports?
«: April 16, 2009, 03:15:40 PM»
Hi there. I'm kinda cursious to know what you think my ports are worth. Not looking for crits...Just pricing. I kinda think I'm underselling my port skills, what little I have, but no one seems to be wanting to buy at 1 GD a port. So I was curious if maybe I should charge more or just- leave them the way they are..

My ports can be found in my gallery or at http://irajellybean.deviantart.com

I'd really like to know what these could go for..

Offline Hensa

Re: Price for my ports?
«Reply #1: April 16, 2009, 03:23:47 PM»
5-7 GD easy.

Offline Meliss

«Reply #2: April 16, 2009, 03:25:01 PM»
5-7 GD easy.
Oh wow thank you x)!

Offline Sedde

«Reply #3: April 16, 2009, 03:37:50 PM»
At what I'm seeing in your gallery I'd say 3-4 GD. No more than 5, definitely. I'd say why, but you don't want crits, so... :\

Offline Meliss

«Reply #4: April 16, 2009, 03:46:36 PM»
At what I'm seeing in your gallery I'd say 3-4 GD. No more than 5, definitely. I'd say why, but you don't want crits, so... :\
No it's fine :3 I know my ports aren't the best but. I was kinda thinking that 1 GD wasn't really..enough.

Offline Tate

«Reply #5: April 16, 2009, 03:46:52 PM»

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: April 16, 2009, 03:53:53 PM»
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Meliss

«Reply #7: April 16, 2009, 03:54:49 PM»
Ahh thank you guys x)!

IPGD

«Reply #8: April 16, 2009, 04:22:14 PM»
Honestly, if you're not getting bites at 1 GD, I don't think you're going to have any more luck at 3-4.

Offline Creek

«Reply #9: April 16, 2009, 04:40:08 PM»
Honestly, if you're not getting bites at 1 GD, I don't think you're going to have any more luck at 3-4.

^ this.

If no one wanted to commission you at 1GD, then 3-4 probably would attract far less. Just keep practicing and if you have to, offer them for free at the moment being. Taking 1 or 2 slots at a time. [you don't want crit, so I have to keep my tongue tied]

Offline Meliss

«Reply #10: April 16, 2009, 04:56:04 PM»

^ this.

If no one wanted to commission you at 1GD, then 3-4 probably would attract far less. Just keep practicing and if you have to, offer them for free at the moment being. Taking 1 or 2 slots at a time. [you don't want crit, so I have to keep my tongue tied]
Mmm. True. Thank you though ^_^

Sesruc

«Reply #11: April 16, 2009, 06:48:24 PM»
i'd have to say 0 gd atm
you have visible potential but i agree with practicing and considering offering these for free

Offline Meliss

«Reply #12: April 16, 2009, 08:10:37 PM»
I probably wouldn't pay for your portraits, though I might pay a gd or two for a non-portrait piece.

What I find cuuute and think you might actually be able to get moneys for is stuff like this:
http://irajellybean.deviantart.com/art/Reno-2-95345461

@ Sesruc: well it's like I said somewhere up there...I'm really not the best, but I'm learning and trying.

And that's a big surprise o: I didn't think I'd be making it very far with stuff like that x) It was really only for a friend for their birthday...

Offline Catticus

«Reply #13: April 17, 2009, 12:17:47 PM»
I would say 1-3 GDs, but keep the price as low as you can for now; when you start getting business and improving, you can start raising your prices.

Offline Meliss

«Reply #14: April 17, 2009, 12:32:33 PM»
I would say 1-3 GDs, but keep the price as low as you can for now; when you start getting business and improving, you can start raising your prices.
Ahh thank you ^_^

Offline Meliss

«Reply #15: April 17, 2009, 03:16:50 PM»
And that's a big surprise o: I didn't think I'd be making it very far with stuff like that x) It was really only for a friend for their birthday...

It's amazingly cute.
Wow thank you so much! ^^

I might have to expand on that then and make some more...