turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 34 Bit  (Read 625 times)

Offline Hiccuped

34 Bit
«: April 18, 2009, 09:44:52 AM»
I know that a lot of people are excited for the 32 bit update..

But what exactly is going to be different?

And will people have to redo their dreams, ports, etc to keep up with the new update?

Offline dro

Re: 34 Bit
«Reply #1: April 18, 2009, 12:49:07 PM»
dreams/ports won't have to be updated because previous colors will remain, but more colors will be available in making new things. i think emflame even mentioned that dream patches wouldn't have a color limitation; you could make anything in photoshop and import it and it'd be fine. idk if that applies to ports, i assume not.

Offline Heimdall

Re: 34 Bit
«Reply #2: April 18, 2009, 12:58:55 PM»
This was talked about during the town meeting.

Yes, everything will still work the same as before--Furc tries to be good about backwards compatibility. =)

For things like items, floors, buttons for skins, etc (everything that was in the FSH Editor before and therefore limited to the old 236 colors) will be available in essentially unlimited color! Remapping things (ports, avatars, and remappable buttons) will have higher ranges of colors as well. 12-16 instead of the old 8. Eyes and badges will have shades as well! I think there will be 3 new color ranges (fur, markings, bracers... those things. there will be 3 new ones) for attachments, but that's not until later.