turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: red line/crit  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Sync

red line/crit
«: April 20, 2009, 08:05:41 PM»
ok first i'm going to say DONT COME IN HERE TO TO SCREAM THIS PIECE HAS NO ANATOMICAL STRUCTURE. if you're here to help, then help. if you're here to bitch and moan about how terrible it is, gtfo. i knowit's not perfect and wouldn't be here if i felt i could pull it off on my own. use your brains.

okay anyway, here we go...

i could find like zero refs of something like this soo i had to loosely ref off a bunch of things. not very good.

and yeah she is supposed to be lying against the ground.

crit/redline/whatever. i want this to be a good piece in the end soo... sketch1!

Offline Dolly

Re: red line/crit
«Reply #3: April 20, 2009, 08:40:05 PM»

IPGD

«Reply #4: April 20, 2009, 09:00:16 PM»

In all honesty, I really don't think you're going to be able to salvage this at your current skill level. Not trying to be mean or anything, but this was hard as balls even for me and I know what a vanishing point is. My redline is covered in millions of my own retarded mistakes and is probably Just A Different Kind of Bad territory.

It'd probably be in your best interest to come back to this later after you've read up on perspective (see my signature), learned basic anatomy (see my signature), and stopped drawing animu (see my signature).

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: April 20, 2009, 09:38:44 PM»
ty for that red line~
probably still going for it though cause it's something i've wanted to do for a while though lol. moreee than willing to heavily edit/redo over and over to get it right.

Offline Sync

«Reply #6: April 20, 2009, 10:42:40 PM»
h'ok updated the sketch using matters redline + the few stock photos i found. now a million more things about it bug me but, baby steps...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:45:24 PM by Sync »

Offline Sedde

«Reply #7: April 21, 2009, 12:39:41 PM»
Now the body looks way too big for the head...

Offline Sync

«Reply #8: April 21, 2009, 12:40:48 PM»
Now the body looks way too big for the head...
ok ty

Offline Hugo

«Reply #9: April 21, 2009, 07:28:56 PM»
Ff-- Wait what? What did. And the. Why!

Your first attempt is a lot better. I think as long as you can convey the basic pose you should be ok. Your style doesn't suggest strict anatomy and that can be fine in pictures of that genre. I think maybe it's the arms that stood out the most. I'll see if I can scribble something of use for you but I think the foreshortening of the arms is what shot you in the foot. Matter's got the right idea with overlapping but I see they did change your pose.

IPGD

«Reply #10: April 21, 2009, 07:49:27 PM»
h'ok updated the sketch using matters redline + the few stock photos i found. now a million more things about it bug me but, baby steps...
You missed the most important point I was trying to make with that redline: use perspective. My corrections were awful and it's probably not a good idea to copy them, I was just trying to demonstrate how perspective works. Until you at least understand the most basic principles of perspective you are not even going to have the slightest chance of correcting this piece. Seriously, don't even try. It'll only take a few hours of your time to learn, so just suck it up and read this.
Your style doesn't suggest strict anatomy and that can be fine in pictures of that genre.
That's not how it works. You need to know the rules in order to break them, etc.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #11: April 21, 2009, 08:37:40 PM»
That's not how it works. You need to know the rules in order to break them, etc.
You have your opinion and I have mine. I'll respect that.

Offline Sync

«Reply #12: April 21, 2009, 08:46:22 PM»
read this.
the download is broken. idk it wouldn't open.

and do not start shit on my thread plzty. most of you know by now what probably sparks a fight so plzstop.

ty matterhugo and youlanda.

IPGD

«Reply #13: April 21, 2009, 08:54:41 PM»
the download is broken. idk it wouldn't open.
Does this or this work?
and do not start shit on my thread plzty. most of you know by now what probably sparks a fight so plzstop.
Not every slightest hint of a disagreement is or has to turn into a hateful shitstorm ::)

Offline Sync

«Reply #14: April 21, 2009, 09:41:19 PM»
second one worked, thanks lol.

and just don't want to get my thread locked, good sir.

anyway, updated again.

Offline bowlegged

«Reply #15: May 02, 2009, 06:43:58 PM»
I think the update is much better but the line at the corner makes it look like a round ball. My advice is to erase that line and it'll help her look a little more 'aligned'

Offline Sync

«Reply #16: May 06, 2009, 09:27:41 AM»
I think the update is much better but the line at the corner makes it look like a round ball. My advice is to erase that line and it'll help her look a little more 'aligned'
yeah, it does lol, more so i just put it there to recognize there was a vanishing point there. it'd actually be straight in the colored piece. i can't draw straight lines for shit haha.

uhh update. face bugs the shit out of me but i was mostly concentrating on the body here and my dad was kicking me to bed once i finished soo rush job there lol. will fix later.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #17: May 06, 2009, 12:32:49 PM»
As much as you concentrate on the body's perspective, you have to also remember to concentrate on the female's figure. Girls got curves no matter the bodytype, even if she's nearly flat as a board and is underweight.

You also need to keep in mind that the closer something is to the viewer, the larger it appears. The character's arm closest to us is too small to appear closer to us.
http://amdinunzio.deviantart.com/art/Reaching-61998198

As for the face, part of the proportion is thrown off because the top of the head is too long. For the face itself, Scooting things away from the ground and lowering the mouth a little may fix it to you.

I tried but I also had kittens sleeping on my arm and part of my tablet so lol

Offline Narnia

«Reply #18: May 13, 2009, 01:32:48 PM»
I just wanted to say that I think you are making amazing strides on this piece. I can, by no means, offer you any more insight than you are already receiving, but I have been following your posts since the beginning. Keep working at it, you're on to something.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sync

«Reply #19: May 13, 2009, 01:44:31 PM»
I just wanted to say that I think you are making amazing strides on this piece. I can, by no means, offer you any more insight than you are already receiving, but I have been following your posts since the beginning. Keep working at it, you're on to something.
thanks~

and tyty eevee for that. i shall update again once i'm home lol.
yeah at first my computer wasn't displaying the redline so i was sad. but now i see it lol.