turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: YoursTruly  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Likorish

YoursTruly
«: May 03, 2009, 10:09:07 AM»
On April 13th, I requested a commission by this person. All contact was made thru PMs of this site. I haven't had permission to display the PMs and for some reason, I'm unable to review the sent PMs I sent to this person. YoursTruly logged on daily to the forums (you are able to see this information of the profile) therefore the messages I sent we checked quite often and replied to--- good habits for a good artist. I was told that I was the second person to request a commision from her. I did ask when the sketch would be completed. I was told that the artist had other sketches owed and if these previous sketches were finished my sketch would be finished by the end of the week. . .
After not hearing from the artist for a few days I took it upon myself to ask how the progress was. On April 18th, I was told that the body and face had been sketched out and that I could be shown the sketch that night and/or the next day. Due to the artist's recent stay in the hospital things were going slow. . . understandble. Didn't hear anything from the artist the next day (the 19th) like they said they would. On the 20th, I asked if I could receive the paypal e-mail account so I could have all that information ready when the sketch was done. Our agreement was that the sketch would be done, be paid for, and finished after payment. Artist replied with the paypal account info and a link to the sketch (which i have a link to the sketch but will not post it w/out permission)
I loved it, therefore I was more than happy to pay ($25.00) the artist for their work.
I sent out the payment on the 21st. Receipt that artist did receive payment. Now, all that is left to do is finish the piece (color)
After a few days (on the 26th) I decided to send another message asking if the artist could give me a deadline. . .I was apologized, but artist claimed she had been tending to a sick cat but "Hoping to get it done tonight, I just have some coloring I need to finish."
Waited a few more days. . .
Sent another message telling her my concern about the piece. The message was kept professional, but I simply told the Artist that if this were too much of a hassle to actually complete it then I should expect a refund. I don't think it's fair to keep me waiting for so long after receiving my payment----its been almost a month since the process began.
 I don't think I was being too pushy. I understand that things come up.
As an artist myself, I understand it takes a great deal of work just for once piece. I love having people do their own peices However, it's my responsibility to make sure I get something I already paid for. If shoe were on the other foot, I would make sure that the piece would be completed ASAP if someone had already paid me for completing it. How much longer do I have to wait?
I received a message responding to the one I had sent earlier. The artist explained that the piece was completed now (besides her hair) but she has decided she'll just refund me my money because she felt that ". . . .I also have no want to be stressed out over it fearing what pm's I am going to recieve from you next. It puts alot of bad blood on the artwork that I don't want"
I am EXTREMELY upset because I never felt like my PMs were to be "feared". I responded giving them my paypal info and told the artist I would be posting a review.
As I mentioned earlier, I was extremely pleased with the work. . .but defiantly not with the time it took.  I'm extremly upset that I will not be able to see the completed/finished work because I was really looking forward to it.

I think I was being understandable and I've never had any other artist that I've commissioned from before (Boo Peep and Amileth) feel like I've been pushy. They've always given me a clear deadline and given the results to me in a timely fashion. I don't think it's fair that now I'm being offered a refund after the work has supposedly "been finished". . .

Thoughts and/or comments? I'd love to hear if you've commissioned off of YoursTruly and had a similar experience or a better one.

Offline Wade

Re: YoursTruly
«Reply #1: May 03, 2009, 06:09:04 PM»
She was very polite and communicated well with me throughout the commissioning process. I don't see anything wrong with her. Her art is gorgeous and her ethics have exceeded my normal expectations. I would commission her again. <3

Sesruc

«Reply #2: May 03, 2009, 08:31:17 PM»
i've completed one trade with her in the past. like kei said, she was polite. annnd she does very nice work.
i had another trade in which i've completed my half, but she never did hers. apparently she lost her drawing vibe then? idk. i've dropped the trade.

Offline Oldmusic

«Reply #3: May 03, 2009, 09:18:05 PM»
As someone who has spent FAR too much money on furry, and non-furry artwork, I must say that one should maintain patience as a virtue when requesting something so difficult as a personal art commission. If you are in a hurry, or simply lack patience, perhaps commissioning others is not for you. As previously stated in your post, you are an artist as well, may-hap you should stick to drawing your own art.

I have never had a problem with Yourstruly, in a long standing artist-commissioner relationship. She's very talented, and beyond that, a trust worthy person that would never run off with someone's money. Her art is worth the wait, as is any other artists' I've paid for.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #4: May 04, 2009, 05:09:00 PM»
This forum is for your reviews, not other peoples.

Offline Oldmusic

«Reply #5: May 04, 2009, 11:32:04 PM»
This forum is for your reviews, not other peoples.

Who is this directed at?
Are you saying we shouldn't give our opinion? Or perhaps this 'review' should be moved to the 'art alerts' where we can comment with our own opinion regarding the situation?

I believe she asked us for comments.
Thoughts and/or comments? I'd love to hear if you've commissioned off of YoursTruly and had a similar experience or a better one.

Just defending a good artist from a bad rep.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #6: June 04, 2009, 02:21:38 PM»
She is free to post her review here, but asking other people for their experiences is asking them to place their reviews as well. I don't think a scam happened here, so it doesn't belong in the alerts. Although many people have had good interactions with this artist, I would not like to see this become a thread to scrutinize any one person.