turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Considering selling my dream...  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Galahad

Considering selling my dream...
«: May 07, 2009, 01:03:09 AM»
So, a lot of people out there have heard about my nifty little dream 'Torell'

That sort of DIED.

I've had a long and serious debate in my head about it. Obviously it's a gorgeous dream (and only gets better with the updates I have waiting for it.) and HAD tons of potential until Loki and Seth split ways and dragged all the members into seperate dreams.

My co-Rah, Kyuss, would probably kill me for even considering selling it off. But what else can I do? No one goes in because no one's there save for me and a couple of regulars (and Kyuss is AFK most of the time)

I'm trying to pump the bloos back in but it's just not working out. What do you think? Should I just sell it and give up? Or should I stay open and try again? (Risking all the embaressment of being the shoddiest RP dream in Imag)

It does seem hopeless, like I've ll ready got the 'retarded dream' brand. Anyone know how to fix this? Or have I all ready crashed and failed miserably?

If you want more information or a tour, whisper Kyuss, Dashinvaine or me on any of these alts; Adellaide, Galahad, Shiro Bladefang.
    + All your Grail are belong to Galahad +   

Offline Wizard

Re: Considering selling my dream...
«Reply #1: May 07, 2009, 01:23:05 AM»
It makes me so unhappy to see Rahs discouraged to such an extent! I wish you the best of luck, Theo.

Anyhow, I don't think your dream would've lost its potential just because members left. If you've put your heart into it for however long, don't simply give it up just like that. Running a continuity can be discouraging sometimes, but the key is sticking with it until things get better. Keep it, work on it, improve it, and, yes, keep it open and try again--new members aren't only attracted by other members, after all. You can bring in a lot of people with a very nice dream or a well thought-out continuity. It's not instant, but it does work, and it's how many dreams that began without a small core of starting members have gotten off the ground.

Offline Galahad

«Reply #2: May 07, 2009, 02:02:40 AM»
O: Really? What dreams? I'd love to talk to any Rahs if you know any of them, I could seriously use some help if I'm going to get this pile o' junk back in the game *kicks it*

Offline Galahad

«Reply #3: May 07, 2009, 11:38:14 AM»
With that said, I think my dream and I really have hit rock bottom. xD

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: May 07, 2009, 12:11:21 PM»
Keep it open. It's not costing you anything now that Furcadia's idle system has been implemented. Get some of your regulars to do some recruiting -- I've never heard of your dream before and chances are there are others who haven't and may be interested.

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: May 07, 2009, 12:26:48 PM»
yeah, i've never heard of this either. what's it about?

Offline Eevee

«Reply #6: May 07, 2009, 12:51:23 PM»
You can try sending in a Furcadia news announcement to invite people to come check out your dream and show them what you have to offer.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #7: May 07, 2009, 06:59:58 PM»
In 2006 this big shitfest broke out in Eileadora and I think 6 of the main players left the dream. After a while everyone else trickled out until it was just my NPC alt and the uploader, day in and day out. Now the dream averages 20-30 folks, because the Rah has a dedication to keeping the place up. She has kept the place consistently open for many years, just because she refuses to let it go down, even when people tell her "it's over, give it up, it's a dead dream."

I'm sure there are plenty of similar stories, but this one was one I saw happen.

So, in short, if you have a dedication to the place, just don't give up on it. If you don't want to deal with that responsibility anymore (and you're not to be blamed if that's true, since running a dream can be annoying as hell, even for lazy Rahs like me) then give it to someone else or close it.

Offline Galahad

«Reply #8: May 08, 2009, 04:26:49 PM»
Think you can come look and give me an overview of my dream? xD

I could definitely use the help/advice.

anything