turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bunnies need help!  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Farren

Bunnies need help!
«: May 11, 2009, 01:03:10 PM»
Hoping I put this in the right place o_o;

Anyways, my gf raised and bred bunnies till a few monthes ago, but now they're getting to be too much. She wants to focus on school and her horses more, and it's expensive upkeep for bunnies she's not gonna be doing anything with. Right now she lives with her mom, and her mom pays for the food and stuff for the rabbits. However, evidence indicates that's gonna change once my gf is out of school.

So my gf is trying to find good homes for them. They're free to any good home, to anyone who wants one (or more) and can take care of them. However, she's having trouble finding homes. When mentioning this trouble to her mom, her mom told her 'then they'll go to the slaughterhouse and become rabbit stew'. And given the kinda lady her mom is, we're not entirely sure whether she's joking or not.

I'd take the bunnies, but I live too far away (she's in CA, I'm in IA) and have not the resources to transport them here atm.

So what I'm basically asking is, is there anybody living in or near Sacramento, CA who wouldn't mind taking a bunny and giving it a good home? You may be saving it's life.

From what I know, most of them are show-quality, and she's won awards with a few of them. So you wouldn't be getting some second-rate diseased-looking animal.

If so, I guess comment here, or whisper my gf in-game (she's Libby Forrester in-game) either around 8:30-9 am FST, or 5-6:30 pm FST.. or 10-11 pm FST (times when she's home). You'd be helping out a lot, and If I remember right, I believe she is even willing to give people the cage the bunny goes in along with the bunny itself.
Fishberries.

Offline Hugo

Re: Bunnies need help!
«Reply #1: May 11, 2009, 01:12:04 PM»
Would do this but I'm over in OH. Try looking around and seeing if there is a house rabbit rescue of some kind in her area. There are places that will take rabbits and try to find homes to adopt them out to.

Or you could do what the lady who sold us our orange lop did and stand outside WalMart with a cardboard box full of rabbits and pass them out to anyone who wants one and looks legit.

Offline Farren

«Reply #2: May 11, 2009, 01:36:13 PM»
Would do this but I'm over in OH. Try looking around and seeing if there is a house rabbit rescue of some kind in her area. There are places that will take rabbits and try to find homes to adopt them out to.

Or you could do what the lady who sold us our orange lop did and stand outside WalMart with a cardboard box full of rabbits and pass them out to anyone who wants one and looks legit.

I'll try suggesting those two things to here, thanks ^^; A friend of ours suggested craig's list, too, but I think she wants to see the people in person to determine if the rabbit is going to a good home or not.
Fishberries.

Offline Skink

«Reply #3: May 11, 2009, 02:09:30 PM»
I'll take them. Snake food #SI

Nono jk. I have a friend who loves rabbits and though she's too far away from you and unable to do much, she talks to me about rabbit rescue all the time. There are often rabbit or small animal related rescues that have the ability to take on rabbits. There is also craigslist, but it is hard to determine a good home beyond charging a rehoming fee that costs more then feeder rabbits ($20 is usually enough to deter.) May I suggest her rehoming them in same sex pairs? Rabbits are social and it would not only move them faster in lumps, but you know the bunny would have a friend.

If anything pet shops will often purchase or trade for certain animals. I have acquired a snake in this way. She might be able to trade bunnies for horse supplies or something of the like, maybe store credit. The problem with this is pet stores will let rabbits go to any home. Not just good ones.

True show rabbits can often be sold at fairs. She should check out show rabbit forums. There might be others wiling to add new blood to their breeding lines or they might be looking for show-quality rabbits to boast at the next event.

Offline Kelly

«Reply #4: May 11, 2009, 02:52:59 PM»

Offline Tate

«Reply #5: May 11, 2009, 07:44:37 PM»
www.craigslist.org

I'll try suggesting those two things to here, thanks ^^; A friend of ours suggested craig's list, too, but I think she wants to see the people in person to determine if the rabbit is going to a good home or not.

Learn to read.

Offline Farren

«Reply #6: May 12, 2009, 10:58:49 AM»
I showed the thread to my gf, and she says thanks, and I believe she's considering some of the options suggested here.

So thanks much for the suggestions offered so far :3

If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to say as much.

And that's all I can really say right now due to being loopy from tooth pain medication, wheee~
Fishberries.

Offline Kelly

«Reply #7: May 13, 2009, 02:45:19 PM»
www.craigslist.org

Learn to read.

oh srrrrrrrrrrrrrrry that i didn't read further on for you fatass.

edit:
quite necessary, considering how rudely she responded.
god forbid i ever give a suggestion n get attaxd for it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:59:51 PM by Kelly »

Offline Sedde

«Reply #8: May 13, 2009, 02:47:16 PM»
Unnecessary.

Good luck findin' them homes! If I lived in the area I'd so take one.

Offline Tate

«Reply #9: May 13, 2009, 03:02:16 PM»
www.craigslist.org

Learn to read.

edit:

The fatass is the one who's so lazy they can't be bothered to read a bloody thing. Olawl.

You fail at life. haha.

Heh, on a side note, i'm going to be out there in a few months, likely. Wish I'd be able to help, but it's far too long away, and I wouldn't be able to have pets, anyway. :C

Offline Kelly

«Reply #10: May 13, 2009, 03:04:46 PM»
www.craigslist.org

Learn to read.

edit:

The fatass is the one who's so lazy they can't be bothered to read a bloody thing. Olawl.

You fail at life. haha.

Heh, on a side note, i'm going to be out there in a few months, likely. Wish I'd be able to help, but it's far too long away, and I wouldn't be able to have pets, anyway. :C

really cus last time u posted ur pics i swear i saw a whale. biggest i ever saw.
o yes i fail at life, because i gave a suggestion and didn't read further beyond farren's first post.
learn to stop being a bitch masha.

edit: i'm not as stupid as you think i am, nor am i a push over.  :-*

sry farren for screwin up ur thread
i will stop now. >:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:23:39 PM by Kelly »

Offline Tate

«Reply #11: May 13, 2009, 03:21:31 PM»
You're funny, kelly. Laaaaawl.

Offline Farren

«Reply #12: May 14, 2009, 01:13:52 PM»
Oh dear, who knew bunnies could turn into drama? o_o...

Don't be sorry (sorry, being with my gf as long as I have has made that an automatic response to anyone saying sorry)

Anyways, on topic. She's been looking for homes for them for monthes, and has only managed to find homes for two or three... that's not very much considering she has somewhere around 18 (more her mom's fault than hers, actually, but that's a differant story).
I think she's considering the suggestions put forth here though. I dun think she thought of giving them to other people who show rabbits, or trading them for more horse stuff, or finding a charity for them o_O; she was asking friends at school if they'd take them.
Fishberries.

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #13: May 14, 2009, 08:16:52 PM»
stay on topic or don't fucking post. jesus christ people

Offline Hugo

«Reply #14: May 14, 2009, 09:02:31 PM»
Well she could put signs up with her phone number at grocery stores and stuff. Maybe interview people a bit and give them a rabbit if they pass her 'test'.

Offline Farren

«Reply #15: May 15, 2009, 10:54:18 AM»
Well she could put signs up with her phone number at grocery stores and stuff. Maybe interview people a bit and give them a rabbit if they pass her 'test'.

That's another option I never thought of either. You'd think I would've, considering I see signs like that everytime I walk into one of the grocery stores here.
She's going to a county fair, too, in about a week, so maybe she can find some people there who'll take them. Fairs tend to have all sortsa people who show animals.

Still hoping to find someone nearby here that can take one or two (or more) of them. Maybe if anyone knows anyone in that area they can ask them? o_O;
Fishberries.