turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Question for the community..  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Narnia

Question for the community..
«: May 11, 2009, 03:20:04 PM»
The problem that I am facing is that the creator of the blog system in place on our forums has discontinued updates and support for it, which means that I cannot update the forums to SMF2.0 so long as we continue to use it. Additionally, the portal system in use on this site is not available for SMF2.0 and may not be for the conceivable future.

Sp, I pose a question to the FAZ community..

Would you rather keep the blogs in place and continue using the current site as-is?

or

Would you rather lose the blogs (until a new alternative blog is found) and upgrade the forums to SMF2.0 and update the themes? The themes would be almost the same as FAM with a change in the logo essentially.

Please let me know so I can determine which direction to take the site.

(Also note that the gallery will have an update soon with a lot of new features/fixes that I hope you enjoy!)
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Morgan

Re: Question for the community..
«Reply #1: May 11, 2009, 04:08:37 PM»
def. lose the blogs.

IPGD

«Reply #2: May 11, 2009, 04:14:12 PM»
I don't care about the blogs, but I like the portal ):

Offline iolis

«Reply #3: May 11, 2009, 04:44:26 PM»
Lose. The blogs.
We don't really need them- there are plenty of other places.
contact; sakamata, moptop

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: May 11, 2009, 05:15:46 PM»
The portal will still be here. It'll just be portaMX (like FAM) instead of TinyPortal. I may have to manually move the downloads over to the new portal.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: May 11, 2009, 05:37:07 PM»
lose the blogs.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #6: May 11, 2009, 06:40:31 PM»
I don't really care about the blogs.. I never use them.

Offline Mredria

«Reply #7: May 11, 2009, 09:11:10 PM»
lose the blogs.
---I apologize---

Offline Nny

«Reply #8: May 12, 2009, 03:06:18 AM»
- blogs
+ upgrades

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #9: May 12, 2009, 12:37:51 PM»
Just as a side suggestion: add a Blog text field on the Profile pages--this way, if they still want a freakin' blog, they can go register on Blogspot and link to it in their profiles.

I like Blogspot for the fact that you can root around in the base code for the pages. :D
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline lexxi

«Reply #10: May 12, 2009, 02:15:01 PM»
lose the blogs.

Offline /gage/

«Reply #11: May 12, 2009, 05:18:15 PM»
though this seems to be the general consensus and doesn't necessarily need to be repeated, i say you lose the blogs. i didn't even realize we had them.

Sesruc

«Reply #12: May 12, 2009, 05:50:29 PM»
Definitely discontinue the blogs :0 I never use them, and people can use them on so many other places

Claudie

«Reply #13: May 12, 2009, 06:25:51 PM»
Just as a side suggestion: add a Blog text field on the Profile pages--this way, if they still want a freakin' blog, they can go register on Blogspot and link to it in their profiles.

I like Blogspot for the fact that you can root around in the base code for the pages. :D

Offline Geisteskrank

«Reply #14: May 14, 2009, 04:41:02 PM»
I think we can safely go without the blogs. I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I mostly forget about them, unfortunately. :x

And there are definitely enough other places to blog.

(0:9) When a furre arrives in the dream,
   (1:79) and the triggering furre is using an iPhone or iPod Touch,
            (5:78) eject the triggering furre.

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #15: May 15, 2009, 08:21:39 PM»
Lose  the blogs
FAM is ugly now, don't make FAZ ugly, too :x
rofl
Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #16: May 16, 2009, 05:43:40 AM»
I think vast majority of users think the opposite. FAZ is the ugly site and always has been.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #17: May 16, 2009, 06:25:39 AM»
I think vast majority of users think the opposite. FAZ is the ugly site and always has been.

i raise my hand in agreement

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #18: May 16, 2009, 06:47:07 AM»
Lose  the blogs
rofl
lol I agree with this too, FAZ has been much easier on my eyes than FAM's new dark layout.

but I do think the blogs are pretty useless, so like everyone else, wouldn't mind them being gone.
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Zim

«Reply #19: May 16, 2009, 04:16:52 PM»
Lose  the blogs
rofl
lol I agree with this too, FAZ has been much easier on my eyes than FAM's new dark layout.

but I do think the blogs are pretty useless, so like everyone else, wouldn't mind them being gone.

There IS a lighter theme for FAM, you know. ;) You can change it on the homepage on the left side.

Offline Catticus

«Reply #20: May 18, 2009, 11:08:09 AM»
Lose the blogs, FAZ is uglier =D

Offline Mychelle

«Reply #21: May 18, 2009, 04:21:11 PM»
"rather lose the blogs (until a new alternative blog is found) and upgrade the forums to SMF2.0 and update the themes" - Has my vote.

anything