turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: would you be interested in this stuff?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline lexxi

would you be interested in this stuff?
«: May 13, 2009, 02:12:36 AM»
heyyy.
would you all find these lineart/flatcolored lineart shit kind of attractive and want one?
i mean, tell me if its good or not. like if i kinda suck or if im kinda alright OR MAYBE EVEN IF IM A GREAT ARTIST *exaggeration*
...and price help would be great, too.
i would like to get my art a-goin' rofl :]
plus i need some gd soon :D
help pleeease?

k so heerreee are a few:

i think shes kinda cute <3

he looks kinda tough and emo rofl.

i also love this guys shirrtt (:

oh and look ! a feral ! and my lame attempt at shadinnggg, yayyy. x) isnt it cute tho? lol
i guess i'll put more examples up later.
AND YES I DO HAVE TO COMMENT ON EVERY PIECE. c:
ehem, moving on..

k so i am also gonna be posting up some character art after i get more examples and try working on my shading.
i suck at shading, sooo... lol.
oh and i just realized i didnt watermark those ports but :/
i doubt they are worth stealing anyways.
but just a reminder/precaution/whatever. dont steal.

Offline Morgan

Re: would you be interested in this stuff?
«Reply #1: May 13, 2009, 03:14:14 AM»
a giant resounding 'no.'

IPGD

«Reply #2: May 13, 2009, 07:53:25 AM»
not really. overly simplistic and boring, more in a primitive way than an "artistic" one

anatomy, my signature, read it, etc.

Offline Nny

«Reply #3: May 13, 2009, 08:04:14 AM»
No.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #4: May 13, 2009, 08:15:33 AM»
No.

QFE

Learn more about art plz before trying to make ports.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:40:56 PM by Sedde »

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #5: May 13, 2009, 08:20:51 AM»
Well instead of being a dick, I'm actually going to point out useful things.

Your feral is okay, it kinda looks like it has no other front leg, and its feet make it look look like it's a stuffed animal.

Your anthros look too cartoony. Try using a ref (dontcopydontcopydontcopy dontcopydontcopy) of other anthros, animal muzzles, and human-body shapes. Also, facial expressions. Smiles, etc don't look like :/  :|. They have depth. Again, try reffing. (notcopyinggggggg) There's lots of places you can look up some pretty nice refs on those things, and on shading.
Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #6: May 13, 2009, 08:30:05 AM»
Well instead of being a dick, I'm actually going to point out useful things.

Your feral is okay, it kinda looks like it has no other front leg, and its feet make it look look like it's a stuffed animal.

Your anthros look too cartoony. Try using a ref (dontcopydontcopydontcopy dontcopydontcopy) of other anthros, animal muzzles, and human-body shapes. Also, facial expressions. Smiles, etc don't look like :/  :|. They have depth. Again, try reffing. (notcopyinggggggg) There's lots of places you can look up some pretty nice refs on those things, and on shading.

the feral is by no means okay. none of it is.

IPGD

«Reply #7: May 13, 2009, 08:41:53 AM»
(dontcopydontcopydontcopy dontcopydontcopy)
Actually, do copy. Learning to draw what you see is crucial part of the learning process and one of the very first skills you should learn. If you constantly have some false moral imperative to not achieve complete likeness to your reference, you're sort of defeating the point of the whole exercise.

Never reference from other people's work, however. Not because it's "rude", but because people make mistakes and you don't want to inadvertently imitate those mistakes. Always draw from life, or photograph if you can't look at something in person. Even things that aren't real have some sort of basis in life from which you can reference.

Offline Sync

«Reply #8: May 13, 2009, 09:06:14 AM»
i'd say no because everything looks really 2d and none of it has any structure. i mean, it's okay to draw cartoony i guess but in all the actually good cartoony styles i've seen, the subjects had a defined structure.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:17:44 PM by Sync »

Offline Tate

«Reply #9: May 13, 2009, 01:30:49 PM»
Nope.

and Youlanda's right. This isn't the crit forum, please don't crit or state anything than what was asked.

Sesruc

«Reply #10: May 13, 2009, 04:37:44 PM»
Quote from: lexxi
would you all find these lineart/flatcolored lineart shit kind of attractive and want one?

no, i don't think they're attractive. and no, i would not want one.

i mean, tell me if its good or not. like if i kinda suck or if im kinda alright OR MAYBE EVEN IF IM A GREAT ARTIST

it's not good yet, you kinda suck, but like every artist out there you have plenty of potential ahead of you.

...and price help would be great, too.

0 GD at the moment.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #11: May 13, 2009, 07:24:52 PM»
No thanks.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline lexxi

«Reply #12: May 13, 2009, 07:53:15 PM»
haha, well, thank anyways you guys! :)
i'll try wokring harder to be not so 2d or cartoonish like you said.
thanks again for the help! i appreciate it :D