turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crit please?  (Read 979 times)

Offline Arley

Crit please?
«: May 14, 2009, 01:16:20 PM»
okay, I haven't been drawing for a few months now, and usually when I do, it's hard for me to pick up my 'drawing skills' back up again for some reason. Can you guys please crit my most recent port which I did yesterday:
this one right here please?

Offline Nepenthe

Re: Crit please?
«Reply #1: May 26, 2009, 03:34:05 AM»
I think the reason there have been no comments on this one since you posted this is because, as a port, there's not really that much wrong with it. Your hair looks like port hair, your ears are generally acceptable ones, background is offset with the outline around the body, and it's a cute little character outline, too.

I think now that you have a general style to the point where you can pull off something like this, your next move is to better your shading. I see next to none on the shirt and white ruffles, even if it's a relatively small area of the portrait.

While I said the hair worked, perhaps that's because of the chunky anime-ish style you've got going on with it. The bottom/back of the hair doesn't look bad because it looks like there are actually strands, something the front of the hair could probably use in some form, even if just to give it more definition.

It's a really, really cute port. Good work on it and good luck on further endeavors!

Offline Arley

«Reply #2: May 27, 2009, 07:19:25 PM»
The reason the shirt looks kind of flat-colored is because all of the colors(unfortunately) don't have much difference to them. They all blend way too well and it makes it look like there's NO shading at all. That's the downfall of that color :l

Offline Nepenthe

«Reply #3: June 02, 2009, 01:12:52 AM»
The reason the shirt looks kind of flat-colored is because all of the colors(unfortunately) don't have much difference to them. They all blend way too well and it makes it look like there's NO shading at all. That's the downfall of that color :l

Oh, absolutely. I detest that color with a passion myself! <3

anything