turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Your favorite character design?  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Sheikah

Your favorite character design?
«: May 19, 2009, 03:51:03 AM»
Title p much says it all but, whats your most favorite character design?  It doesn't have to be one of your own, it could even be someone elses, heck.  Do you have one~?

I'm interested in what people think. c:

edit~ since i forgot my own, of my own designs i really like whore/battigan AND KURAI...thats about it.

from other people i just adore bipolar's boring, tina's worm,  aaand kay fedewa's kiki~
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:05:31 AM by Kur »
♦ Green Goblin ▼ Thanos ▼ Hobgoblin ▼ Osborn ▼ Electro ▼ Mysterio ♦
If you can't contact me, please leave an offline whisper.

Offline Azula

Re: Your favorite character design?
«Reply #1: May 19, 2009, 05:08:44 AM»
the scout and the sniper

and then worm and church

but there are a few BLATANTLY OBVIOUS worm rip offs around and obv she is the best.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:24:11 AM by Vince »

Offline Lovecraft

«Reply #2: May 19, 2009, 05:11:14 AM»
ginger and scarlette, they are both v. classy ladies
We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #3: May 19, 2009, 06:56:55 AM»
Star plz.

mmmmmmm

That or Fivel. (ilu beep bebe)

Yes, I chose other peoples' designs over my own 'cause really I'm not that big a fan of my own. :D;

Offline Nny

«Reply #4: May 19, 2009, 08:47:34 AM»
Of my own, I would have to say Fetus and Foul.
Fetus is a simple design, but come on... he's a human-sized fetus in a tophat,
As for Foul, he's a giant alien-like monster.

As for other peoples' designs, I very much like Requiem's design, as well as Antichrist's.
BAM'S Requiem, not Pez's.
Actually, I like a lot of his designs, not because he's my bff, but because he knows how to make something original.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:55:26 AM by Nny »

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: May 19, 2009, 08:59:53 AM»
of my own, absolute

of not my own i like pez's awry

or day's feral noel. though i cannot find a pic sadly.

uh i also like sync from tales of the abyss a lot because i'm a stalker.

Offline Jenni

«Reply #6: May 19, 2009, 09:23:10 AM»
of my own i like newjenni and junkie because i fit her in with the year zero universe like a nerd i am..

AS FAR AS OTHER PEOPLES (whom i prefer) i adore every one of passe's design (oh gosh i was in love when she sent me all her character refs) and all of evas because they are so sexy/CUTE.. esp ginger, sydney, & cupcake!!
uhm.. i also love jamies/alices & kelseys/mezs designs as well. :3

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #7: May 19, 2009, 10:22:28 AM»
I've always loved Mana's character designs.

Offline lolo

«Reply #8: May 19, 2009, 03:40:17 PM»
HmmMMMM ones off the top of my head, i will likely miss a lot of really amazin ones:
-tooth + bister
-ruskova is a prtty amazingly simple+chill design
-pieta, duh
-PLATELET via sique
-squeekbat!!
-all of monsterchans characters
-adielle
-ishi
-biopsy
-townes + ernesto~
-sicklekitten--->http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1660133/
-aggro + sugandie +everything she's done
-vename's character from like a million years back, ague? ager? it was a white faced cat=surgeon lady, she looked amazin
-pez is just adorable, that picture done of his family+him made me gush
-also i love tony's design, triplecrush on it, really.
Everyone had got something in hand cept natty dread

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #9: May 19, 2009, 04:00:54 PM»
I'm not gonna say Youlie's because I don't wanna be a bum kisser. (Although, having met her in RL, it's a worthy ass. :D )
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline Tate

«Reply #10: May 19, 2009, 04:06:58 PM»
Edwarde and Hilarius
Nicolae Gast
Uhm Hugo's Spy and Jones

Out of my own? Clearly I lovelovelove Masha, even if she's a total bitch to draw at times.. and I love Saethryth, even though I never draw her. Bawwwwww

Offline Morgan

«Reply #11: May 19, 2009, 09:47:30 PM»
matter duh

Offline Drug

«Reply #12: May 19, 2009, 09:55:13 PM»
+ tooth, masha, and eevee's coconut. (will add more if i remember them lol)

i only have 1 character and i loves me a tk

Offline Kelly

«Reply #13: May 19, 2009, 10:07:49 PM»
straight forever

Offline Skink

«Reply #14: May 19, 2009, 11:47:19 PM»
I'm a huge character design buff.. so most of my favorites are not furcadian at all. People rely so much on color and accessories, and what appendages you can add where. I don't see enough worry for movement, shape, silhouette, and style!

Agreeing with Sniper and Scout. All of the Team Fortress 2 characters are amazing. Heavy is my favorite in particular.

Shere Khan from Jungle Book is amazing. His fluid movements and graceful stock makes for an incredibly feline character, but strong features in key areas like the elbows and chin keep him from looking like a skinny pansy.

Kaa, from the same movie, is also amazing. His rounded corners on generally blocky shapes is a great representation of the often over looked muscle factor in snakes! Viper from Kung Fu Panda is also a great snake, but her face is disappointing. Jafar's cobra form is AMAZINGLY fluid and leaves little to want in character design imho

Also from Alladin, I LOVE Rajah. His chunky fat and weighted joints and stomach make him look like a powerful but cuddly character without hardly trying. I can't find a very good full body shot on google image atm.. but his face is among my favorite part, besides his shoulders.

Among the disney cats... Sabor. Many people dislike his design. I LOVE him. The rounded barrel torso, chunky face, and frighteningly rounded eyes.. it's no lion king style cat (which really the lion king has some of the worst character designs outside their amazing opening sequence animals) but it's about as closely representing an actual leopard in terms of picking what's there and exagerating it. This character's villainous purpose oozes out of every line of is sleek and powerful design.

More disney stuff includes.. Hades, Malicifent's dragon form, and Mulan's horse. I also love Tarzan's design. The way he can be bent around and switch from ape appearance to human is very clever. Jafar's slender but believable torso also impresses me. I'm sure everyone's seen those, though... oh! And the goanna from The Rescuers Down Under! Joanna! See her in motion here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPgTj46X5tg The way she moves works with her design, but there was definetly effort to capture a goanna appearance, especially in the neck and hands!

I love a lot of the Phoenix Wright character designs. Though often humorous, they're always fitting, and they make humans interesting... something hard to do, especially working with limited movement and space! Most video game designs are really not that great design wise. I do admit I love most enemies from wind waker though.

As a warning, some of the following designs shown may be nude. Nonsexual nude, but nude.

Non-commercial designs can be just as good. Some people understand that character is more than markings and clothes (something even I don't fully grasp.. it takes so much practice!) Some of my favorites:

All and all I don't really have a favorite, just lots and lots of loves.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:50:20 PM by Paint »

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #15: May 20, 2009, 02:10:24 AM»
i really dig all of eva's chars cause im creepy and seriously shes a fucking fantabulous designer, uber creative~

ALSO i really adore lolos characters, i rly rly do. always have :ll

out of my own? only one: adaleine

anything