turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Need Some Ideas  (Read 972 times)

Offline Kiaren

Need Some Ideas
«: May 20, 2009, 09:10:53 AM»
So I'm not really sure where this goes but I'll go ahead and post. 

My brother is in the hospital being treated for leukemia and yesterday he asked me to make him a giant coloring book so he could paint and get his motor skills working again in his hand. Soooo I need some ideas cuz I'm not real sure all of what I should draw. Any thoughts would be very helpful <33 Thanks you guys.

Offline Sabaton

Re: Need Some Ideas
«Reply #1: May 20, 2009, 09:47:50 AM»
What kind of stuff does your brother like?

I'd say draw some things you know he likes in it so he's not like o.O;;
Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Offline Kiaren

«Reply #2: May 20, 2009, 09:52:45 AM»
Hmm...well, from what I remember, he likes video games pretty much. I haven't been around him lately to know what he likes since he lived with his mom for like...the past 3 years :/

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #3: May 20, 2009, 02:10:34 PM»
If he loves games as much as I think he does, try doing some Colossi from "Shadow of the Colossus". There's something about their chunky, shaggy, ancient design that makes you wanna stop and look at them... before p0wning them, hard.
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline Kiaren

«Reply #4: May 20, 2009, 02:20:43 PM»
If he loves games as much as I think he does, try doing some Colossi from "Shadow of the Colossus". There's something about their chunky, shaggy, ancient design that makes you wanna stop and look at them... before p0wning them, hard.

lol Thanks :D I forgot about that game...I might take a shot at it. I know he likes Final Fantasy but that'd take me ages

Offline Drug

«Reply #5: May 20, 2009, 02:28:52 PM»
do a compilation of game stuff.. the collosus and zelda etc etc. since youre good at ferals, draw red xiii a few times lol

Offline Spooki

«Reply #6: May 20, 2009, 02:30:31 PM»
You could start the coloring book with easier to draw video game characters like Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, things like that are a nice starting point for him to color because the details aren't insane. Gradually move on to harder, more complex characters like Final Fantasy. It's really up to you in the end but I wish the best of luck to your brother in his recovery!
~~ Putting the square block in the round hole since 1985 ~~

I can be reached on Furc as Spooki

Offline Old Account Please Delete

«Reply #7: May 20, 2009, 02:51:13 PM»
Maybe you could do a couple of 'colouring book' versions of family photos with copies of the real photos on opposite sides? It'd be like a family thing then :)

Offline Kiaren

«Reply #8: May 20, 2009, 03:43:45 PM»
Thank you all very much <33 I really do greatly appreciate it. I think I'm going to use pretty much everyone's ideas lol   I just hope I can create all of this for him

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: May 21, 2009, 08:02:47 AM»
If he's having issues with motor skills, I would start the coloring book with limited detail so there are wide lines to color in. Gradually, get more detail and smaller spaces.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Kiaren

«Reply #10: May 21, 2009, 09:33:55 AM»
Yeah, I drew a dog with little detail in the sketchpad yesterday. He's having to paint since its easier to use.

anything