turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Avatar Critique  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Lancelot

«: May 20, 2009, 02:29:55 PM»

looking for critique on this! lines, shading, whatever. (:
thanks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:34:02 PM by Lancelot »

Offline Narnia

Re: Pricing Feral
«Reply #1: May 20, 2009, 04:01:03 PM»
$2.... Maybe.

It's very, very flat.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #2: May 20, 2009, 04:06:18 PM»
It looks kind of odd to me... The face is pretty goo, but the crazy hair everywhere just throws me off. And the shading doesn't seem to have enough values and just doesn't pop out.  I do like the shading on the ears though. I'd be easier to price with more samples besides the typical RAWR face feral. Overall I'd pay maybe 2-5gd/$

Sesruc

«Reply #3: May 20, 2009, 04:42:00 PM»
$2/3

not sure what kind of expression you're trying to get at.. so this may be sorta hard to crit. albeit what narnia said applies. needs more shading!

is it supposed to be angry-faced (the mouth does seem to depict it but the rest of the face doesn't) or is it just supposed to be shocked/scared (this seems more believable)?

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #4: May 20, 2009, 04:55:04 PM»
Lemme put it this way...

Izzit a bat? A wolf? A lemur? Your pet fuzzy dog on crank?

Think about how it looks, and what you're conveying to the audience. Right now, it's pretty flat color-wise, and it's excessively shaggy/matted.
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline Nny

«Reply #5: May 22, 2009, 02:33:20 AM»
$2.... Maybe.

It's very, very flat.

Offline Archery

«Reply #6: May 22, 2009, 06:58:04 PM»
The spacing of the fur is a bit awkward, and I think that because of the fur being that way the entire port is a bit off-kilter.  Additionally facial proportions are slightly off. (IE ear and eye placement and jaw angle/)  And, in agreement with everyone else, your shading could use a bit more depth- but you're off to a good start!

For this particular port I'd say no more than $3-$5.  But with some work I could easily see your work going for around $7... maybe even $10 for some.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:02:53 PM by Archery »
  [Insert Cool Stuff Here] 

Offline Lancelot

Re: Feral: critique or redlines now?
«Reply #7: May 23, 2009, 04:08:55 AM»
ty everyone for opinions/critique.
i'm kind of motivated now, sketched something out for people to rip apart if they want (:
i need a better grasp on anatomy!

Offline Creek

«Reply #8: May 23, 2009, 09:10:15 AM»
On the new one, the muzzle is too much slanted towards the viewer, in that angle, it shouldn't be like that.

Look at the angle of the muzzle. [sorry for all the snow, quick one to find xD]

Other than that, I think the sketch looks fairly good.

Offline Lancelot

«Reply #9: May 24, 2009, 02:41:09 AM»
On the new one, the muzzle is too much slanted towards the viewer, in that angle, it shouldn't be like that.

Look at the angle of the muzzle. [sorry for all the snow, quick one to find xD]

Other than that, I think the sketch looks fairly good.

yeah i see that too now thanks (:

any better?

Offline Sedde

«Reply #10: May 27, 2009, 03:29:52 PM»
That new one is a little better, but it still looks like the poor dear has an underbite and a fat lip on the side furthest from the viewer. :( Try looking a little more closely at the structure of the wolf that Mystical posted?

Aside from that the skull is just way too big. It's okay if there's some fluff, but the jawline should not go back that far, nor should the ears be that far away from the eyes. Again, look at the placement in the photo for guidance on that. I would redline, but...well, I don't have that great an idea of how ferals work and my computer isn't up yet. :| BUT I can try to in a bit if you'd prefer.

Offline Lancelot

Re: Avatar Critique
«Reply #11: June 14, 2009, 09:33:23 PM»

IPGD

«Reply #12: June 15, 2009, 03:11:49 PM»
it looks like it's falling over

Offline Narnia

«Reply #13: June 15, 2009, 05:06:42 PM»
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Hugo

«Reply #14: June 15, 2009, 06:58:45 PM»
Bearing in mind that I don't know how to draw dogs, here:

Basically just make sure things fit within Furc's perspective. If it looks off, try drawing an up one over two box around it. Make sure everything has the same perspective too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:01:02 PM by Hugo »