turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Yet another stolen Hinderence port  (Read 5369 times)

Gin

• Topic Author
Yet another stolen Hinderence port
«: May 20, 2009, 07:53:25 PM»

Hinderence approached me a while ago telling me that another port of her's has been stolen. This port should ONLY be seen on the character Amber.

Hinderence did contact [email protected] but they will not take it down until she can come up with more proof that she's the original artist.

I spoke with the person who is wearing the port today. I didnt get permission to post the logs but to sum things up it pretty much goes, she found it on roamheart and she's not taking it down since she didnt do anything wrong.

Offline /gage/

Re: Yet another stolen Hinderence port
«Reply #1: May 20, 2009, 11:15:03 PM»
Aggh. How annoying. It's got to be so frusterating to get ports you've done stolen, especially more than once. I wonder who uploaded it to roamheart (if that's even true). I think somebody should follow through with her albi, I'll look in a little bit to see if I can find it (though roamheart is big so somebody else should look as well). If its not on roamheart, that means the person was most likely lying, and that could be the persuasion the guardians need to take the port down.

On an unrelated note, what the hell is that in the background...

Offline Cadman

«Reply #2: May 20, 2009, 11:38:27 PM»
I spoke to Kinsem and he said he'll look into it when he gets home from work. In the meantime I'm looking through the archive database to see if I can find any validity in this person's claim that it was found on Roamheart.

Gin

• Topic Author
«Reply #3: May 21, 2009, 12:50:21 AM»
Aggh. How annoying. It's got to be so frusterating to get ports you've done stolen, especially more than once. I wonder who uploaded it to roamheart (if that's even true). I think somebody should follow through with her albi, I'll look in a little bit to see if I can find it (though roamheart is big so somebody else should look as well). If its not on roamheart, that means the person was most likely lying, and that could be the persuasion the guardians need to take the port down.

On an unrelated note, what the hell is that in the background...
I've been looking around on Roamheart but I havent had much luck finding it. I asked her for the direct link but she said she didnt have it since she found the port so long ago.

Guardians are not the ones who handle port theft. The person who's in charge of that will not take it down because the artist didnt keep enough proof that she was the original creator of the port.

Really at this point it'd be nice to know if it is on Roamheart so we can try and have it taken down from there.

Also, I left offline whispers to the person with the stolen port and hinderence that will direct them to this thread.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:53:57 AM by Gin »

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: May 21, 2009, 12:55:11 AM»
Nothing on the first 60 pages.

Offline Creek

«Reply #5: May 21, 2009, 05:31:20 AM»
It's not on Roamheart. I went through it yesterday. They lied about that. >>;

And if it was on Roamheart, Alot of other people would be using it. In dreams, as personal portraits. only 1 person has it as a stolen, non-remap? port.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #6: May 21, 2009, 11:48:58 AM»
I thought that portrait was recently made. How can this person have found it long ago when it was recently created?

PS I've went through Roamheart's database several times all the way through in the past few years and never came across this portrait.

Offline Hinderence

«Reply #7: May 21, 2009, 11:53:05 AM»
I must say thank you guys for all your help.
I've been looking around on Roamheart but I havent had much luck finding it. I asked her for the direct link but she said she didnt have it since she found the port so long ago.
That's bull, I did the port no more then a month and a half ago. It's one of my more recent ports.

The person who took my e-mail when i sent it in stated I needed to provide logs of me speaking with the thief, and High resolution screen shots of my wip showing actual drawing. I have that person on my online list and evrytime i'm on the computer she has never been on for me to speak to.

Thanks again guys!

Offline Cadman

«Reply #8: May 21, 2009, 01:05:38 PM»
I went through everything, downloaded some patches that I thought could contain extra files or just looked iffy, but I found nothing in any of them. So, just confirming everyone else's search results: It's not on Roamheart. I'll have Kinsem come in if you need it straight from the owner's mouth type of proof. =3

Gin

• Topic Author
«Reply #9: May 21, 2009, 02:14:23 PM»
I must say thank you guys for all your help.
That's bull, I did the port no more then a month and a half ago. It's one of my more recent ports.

The person who took my e-mail when i sent it in stated I needed to provide logs of me speaking with the thief, and High resolution screen shots of my wip showing actual drawing. I have that person on my online list and evrytime i'm on the computer she has never been on for me to speak to.

Thanks again guys!
I've had her on my online list thinger since you told me about her. This is the first time I've seen her online. xx So she either has alts that she uses or doesnt get on much :<

I did give her your deviantart link and tell her to contact you. I'll try catching her online again but since I'm moving soon I dont have as much time to be online and paying attention to furc.

In her desc she said she was a free artist. I'm sorta curious about what free art she does. The only link in her desc leads to a frozen freewebs account though. http://www.tinyurl.com/d79rug

I went through everything, downloaded some patches that I thought could contain extra files or just looked iffy, but I found nothing in any of them. So, just confirming everyone else's search results: It's not on Roamheart. I'll have Kinsem come in if you need it straight from the owner's mouth type of proof. =3
Thank you so much for your help. :>

If I see her online again I'll mention this to her.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:16:49 PM by Gin »

Offline Hinderence

«Reply #10: May 21, 2009, 10:14:36 PM»
Alright guys I have informed the person handling my port theft and all this new information was sent to her, and apparently I NEED to contact Escalina MYSELF for anything to be done at all. That it seems she thinks i'm not making the "effort" to contact her like I'm on the computer 24/7.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #11: May 22, 2009, 05:10:10 PM»
Is it not possible to see which of the portraits was uploaded first? Indeed that is not a decisive fact by itself, but it should help in a case where the proof you want isn't as convincing as you'd like.

Offline Hinderence

«Reply #12: May 22, 2009, 07:08:36 PM»
Our TOS says we do not enforce copyrights. We started offering portrait clearing to assist the art community because we're nice people and we do want to help the art community. However, we can only help the art community as much as they help themselves.

I understand that but for how long i have been doing port I have been submitting them the same way over and over, and haven't had a problem until now. I am trying my best to get enough proof to have my commissioners port removed from the thief.

I ask for two very simple things.
1) Proof of creation: This helps assure that the person making the claim is actually the artist. It also prevents harassment, someone can't just go claim to be the artist and clear a legitimate user's portrait.
2) For you to directly contact the person using the artwork. It is really up to you to deal with your own copyright issues; we cannot afford the staff time to track down these people. It's up to you to find out where the person got the artwork and let them know that you would like the portrait artwork cleared.

Simple things or not they are hard for me to do. I work 40 hours a week 5 days a week. I live in a cramp house hodl with limited time on the computer.
1) Like I have stated before I have no had this problem ever before, so I  have neen no reason to go out of my way to save hi def wip of every single port I have done. I have already told you I Have non Why keep asking me for something i CANOT provide to you.
2) I have left her offline messages to see if she would respond to me. She has not. What the Hell can I do more find her mailing address and show up at her door ask her what happened? She is a person and is obviously not going to contact me seeing as she had refused to allow Ginnie to post logs of their conversation. I doubt this person will Ever contact me about the port.

If they paid scales or traded something for the artwork, it means they were scammed and I need to make things right for them too

Ginnie had already state they downloaded it from Roamheart we checked and it was not there. i check Roamheart often seeing as I had uploaded a free patch on there that I'm waiting to see if it got uploaded. A few others and myself have proven it's not there. Making the alibi she gave ginni in her conversation void. Roamhart is free so No scamming on her part.

You submitted two proofs. One was a version of the rempable image blown up with some noise added to it. I don't accept that as proof because if the image is floating around in its remapable form because someone 'stole' it then the file really isn't unique to you. It's not something that you, as the artist, would have exclusively.

Noise is what I though of a good filter. i thought it was working, I have never tried to steal a port myself so I have no ideal that noise removal only took 15 minutes to steal. I haven't seen a reason to change it until now.

I draw my ports in open canvas which i BARELY know how to use. i like it because it's pen sizes go down below 1 px so i can add better detail. I tried sketching then scanning ports that method took much longer.

Is going "File" "Save As" and tacking on a number or a letter to the end of your portrait file two or three times really that hard?
Yes It is. I have almost no room on my HD. I usually delete most of my sketches after I have the port completed.

Rather than providing logfile and additional proofs, you've chosen to refuse my requests and argue with policy.

I am doing no such thing. I may be arguing but I am not refusing to provide you with the information. because i do not HAVE that information to PROVIDE. How many times do I have to tell you that. I'm working on it. I AM TRYING. All you are doing is making me look like I'm sitting on my ass about this whole situation what the fuck am i support to do anymore? I replied to you e-mail in hopes of the new information Ginnie had informed me would get me one step closer to me regaining my artwork. That's didn't work did it all you did was reply back with a smart ass e-mail. Now you see why I'm giving you very little respect as of now.

As a potential patron, I'd be less likely to commission you if I knew you were unwilling to protect your copyrights (and therefore the exclusiveness of the artwork I'm paying you to make). If you cannot prove to me that the artwork is yours, how will you prove it in court? 

As an artist I will be less likely to accept your commission. I am willing to protect my fucking at I am trying to get it removed at this moment. I have removed all my ports on DA and WILL NOT BE UPLOADING anymore after this point in time. I will no longer be doing port commissions if this is what I hve to go though if some dumb ass feels like being cheap and stealing an already made port. ( Especially leaving my signature on it while doing so.)

Have a good day.

Offline Hinderence

«Reply #13: May 22, 2009, 10:01:04 PM»
All I want to do is get my port removed.
I'm tired of you making me look foolish like I'm the one not trying. You're not helping me. Your tolling me. You're doing everything in your power to use my examples against me. You're browsing around my DA looking at my journals, QUOTING my journals when you can be doing more to help me. You've pretty much thrown any respect I had for you as a Furcadia "helper" out the fucking window. I did not ask you to participate in their thread I was merely showing you some additional proof that may help my cause. I have never gone through this type of thing, I was not prepared for anything like this happening Lay the fuck off. I asked you for help. Hence why I e-mailed [email protected], now you are just harassing me. I am by no means denying anything you are asking me to prove. I have already stated that i do not have the proof and I am working on getting some that you are asking for. My port that as stolen Still has my signature in it. If you look at the majority of my ports they have that same signature in it.(that information is not bashing you, It's a FYI fact about the stolen port in question.) Nothing in that stolen port was edited. Not a single pixel. Take that in as well. 

I will contact you back once I have those logs if I ever get them, for the sake of having to deal with you, I hope I do not get those logs.

Offline Hinderence

«Reply #14: May 22, 2009, 10:51:57 PM»
I am making the attempt to get rid of anyone stealing my art further.
I will no longer be doing Ports.  Do not put those words in my mouth.
I have no time anyway. The ports I have agreed to do before the final day I stop doing them completely I Will be save 1-3 proofs of me doing them. I want nothing more than to prove you wrong the next time I have this issue and I am stuck with your assistance. I won't be uploading them anywhere when I do do the rest of the ports on my list.  You have cause this scene, I did not make this thread nor did I ask you to post in it. I have done nothing wrong but try to defend myself. I will be making my Photobucket private so no more looking at my shit. You've done enough looking around.

Again you are trying to make it looks like I was purposely leeking my ports out. I have a freewebs site that a dear friend of my made for me in flash. It has ports I have done on them, I'm not deleting that. My Photobucket will be private, and my DA port less. Satisfied??

Gin

• Topic Author
«Reply #15: May 23, 2009, 02:13:10 AM»
This is getting ridiculous. I think this exchange could've best taken place in email or PMS. (hahaha ...see what I did there)

This thread was made to alert the FAZ community of a port theft and to help find out if anyone had any information about the person being accused of the theft. Things like has anyone seen her online and around what time as it'd be easy to catch her online if there was a pattern there.

This thread was not made to discuss Furcadia/DEP's enforcement, or lack there of, of art theft in the game.

From this post on, lets try focusing on what the thread was originally created for.

Offline Amber

«Reply #16: May 23, 2009, 06:48:18 AM»
I HAVE sent emails to furcadia about the portrait in question, since I AM the person who commissioned her for the port.

Here's what I've got about this.

Whisper log from the person who contacted me and told me the port was stolen
I HAVE permission to show this.

04/23/09 20:11:49 Rairakku: Is that your port? Like, did you pay for that?
04/23/09 20:11:49 Amber: Away Rairakku.<auto>
04/23/09 22:01:40 Amber: Huh?
04/23/09 22:02:05 Rairakku: Sorry to bother you. :3 Your port. Did you pay for that?
04/23/09 22:02:15 Amber: Damn right I did. Why?
04/23/09 22:03:06 Rairakku: Well, my irl older sister has the same one... And I'd actually really like to see her get in trouble. Because Im an asshole.
04/23/09 22:03:19 Amber: ...
04/23/09 22:03:28 Amber: Let me see it.
04/23/09 22:03:44 Rairakku: Well I dont have it currently but I can get it. Her alt is Escalina.
04/23/09 22:03:44 Amber: Because it's my fucking port.
04/23/09 22:04:23 Rairakku: Alright alright.
04/23/09 22:04:34 Amber: Would be nice if you can like log on the alt and take a screenshot
04/23/09 22:04:40 Amber: Does she log on it often?
04/23/09 22:05:08 Rairakku: Im not sure. I avoid her at all costs.
04/23/09 22:05:44 Amber: Does it look exactly like mine or did she edit it?
04/23/09 22:06:03 Amber: Like this http://hinderence.deviantart.com/art/Amber-Port-113854473
04/23/09 22:06:07 Rairakku: It looks like your your's but I think she edited the markings on the face out, and the wings. Im pretty sure.
04/23/09 22:06:17 Rairakku: sorry about the double yours xD
04/23/09 22:06:45 Amber: Wow.. really pissed off. I just wish I had a screenshot so I could send this into furc and have it cleared asap.
04/23/09 22:07:16 Rairakku: Dont worry. I'll get it.
04/23/09 22:08:10 Amber: Does she have any other alts?
04/23/09 22:08:34 Rairakku: I was so surprised when I saw your port. But I knew instantly it was your's and not her's. This isn't the first theft she's commited. And no, I dont think so.
04/23/09 22:09:30 Amber: Really? Could any other dirt on her that I can dish on her at once so furc will set a red flag on her when she tries to upload art again?
04/23/09 22:10:26 Rairakku: IM not too sure about that but she's stolen alts, art, she used to be a Beekin but lost her badge over one of her thefts.
04/23/09 22:11:43 Amber: XD Wow, you'd think she'd be banned by no
04/23/09 22:11:45 Amber: Now
04/23/09 22:12:20 Rairakku: She's a skanky bitch. I had an alt, Nightmares, my first character I made in this game that had three life digos, and she stole it. That kind of made me hate her since. And I've seen many, many ports she steals. She had this FSH file with like twenty ports she was recoloring and editing for herself. It was insane.
04/23/09 22:12:46 Amber: Can you steal any of that stuff?
04/23/09 22:13:14 Amber: Or even better. DELETE them? xD
04/23/09 22:14:46 Rairakku: She's moved out now so I cant really do anything. I only saw the FSH file for a second on her computer before she walked back in.
04/23/09 22:14:59 Rairakku: So actually we dont have much on her aside from my knowledge that she has your port.
04/23/09 22:15:12 Amber: Which does no help at all to me. :/
04/23/09 22:15:30 Rairakku: Dont worry, I'll get it.
04/23/09 22:16:02 Amber: Good, well. I have to head out. I just got off work and I got to be up early tomorrow, so I will keep in touch with you. I want this delt with asap. x.x
04/23/09 22:16:29 Rairakku: I understand. I'll get a screen of her port and give it to you as soon as you get back.
04/23/09 22:17:36 Amber: Perfect, and thank you so much for bringing it to my attention. ^^ Goodnight!
04/29/09 18:24:15 Rairakku: !
04/29/09 18:24:15 Amber: Away Rairakku.
04/29/09 18:25:31 Rairakku: I got the screenshot. :D
04/29/09 18:25:31 Amber: Away Rairakku.
04/29/09 18:52:04 Amber: OMG, show me please?
04/29/09 18:52:16 Rairakku: Im so awesome. <3
04/29/09 18:52:23 Amber: XD
04/29/09 18:52:57 Rairakku: It turns out she changed nothing on it.
04/29/09 18:53:13 Amber: Wow, nothing at all? x.x
04/29/09 18:53:35 Rairakku: Ifigured she would at least change the markings, but no
04/29/09 18:53:56 Amber: What a bitch. :/
04/29/09 18:54:31 Rairakku: That just means you're so sexy people would steal to look like you...
04/29/09 18:55:17 Rairakku: http://i42.tinypic.com/qsm8ap.jpg
04/29/09 18:55:23 Amber: Or they are just that dumb
04/29/09 18:55:54 Rairakku: Thats your port, right?
04/29/09 18:56:02 Amber: Man that's a piss off. Oh yeah that's my port.
04/29/09 18:56:31 Rairakku: Good! :D Now, go shove her face in the Guardians' asses.
04/29/09 18:56:49 Amber: I wish she was online, I'd really take a piece out of her.
04/29/09 18:57:12 Rairakku: I got that yesterday evening. She was AFK but I was really glad I got the screenshot.
04/29/09 18:57:37 Amber: Me too, now it makes me wonder after mines removed, what port she will wear.
04/29/09 18:58:00 Rairakku: She has another one, also stolen but Im still looking for the owner.
04/29/09 18:58:16 Amber: You got a screen of it? Maybe I know
04/29/09 18:58:36 Rairakku: No, but I will as soon as she stops wearing your's.
04/29/09 18:59:11 Amber: xD Which will be soon. I have, and the artist have the lineart, so once I upload that link and note her on DA. BAM, it's being sent in to furc and her ass being delt with
04/29/09 18:59:41 Rairakku: I wish she would get banned. She's been doing this for years.
04/29/09 19:00:25 Amber: Maybe she will. Least from uploading ports. lol
04/29/09 19:00:39 Rairakku: Hopefully.
04/29/09 19:00:53 Rairakku: I'll be praying for that tonight, amen.
04/29/09 19:01:09 Amber: I hope so, because I hate having my art stolen, why I watermark the shit out of it. :/
04/29/09 19:02:39 Rairakku: Good. Stolen art to me is like asking to be kicked in the ass by jesus.
04/29/09 19:03:02 Amber: I don't understand why people do it, they will get caught. It's a promise
04/29/09 19:04:33 Rairakku: I agree to that. But luckily we got my sister this time. Now I can focus on that other port.
04/29/09 19:05:13 Amber: Yes, and I can't thank you enough for this. <3
04/29/09 19:06:11 Rairakku: Its alright! Im just really happy we got this one figured out. You can go to the artist and hopefully she's finally get banned.
04/29/09 19:06:22 Rairakku: she'll*
04/29/09 19:07:57 * Amber crosses her fingers, "Well, I gotta head out for a bit. Journal for work, then head into work. lol. Thank you so much, and if you want, tell her I said Hi. I'll be watching her. ;)
04/29/09 19:08:55 Rairakku: I think I will. My favorite part is shoving it in her face that she was caught for the tenth time.
04/29/09 19:09:19 Amber: xD Awesome. Catch ya later! Afk.

DA sent messages

=====

=====

The shetch she showed me of my port.

DARE I show character art of my character to PROVE that the copyrights to MY character is there?
The port was never edited and the character is mine, HAS been for years. Like I don't understand why it can't be so simple.

I contacted furcadia about MY port being stolen, THE ARTIST I commissioned contacted furcadia saying the port was stolen.

NO I don't have logs, but that's because they are barely online as am I. I have tried.
Don't think I haven't, but when someone is avoiding you, well, makes things difficult.
Plus I love this response.

=======
Response from Leah

Hello.

Hinderence has been a huge uncooperative pain with this case, refusing to contact the person himself and refusing submit legitimate proofs and instead submitting an after the fact tablet trace.

Hinderence needs to talk to the person himself.

Chances are the person has been unresponsive or hiding because you people are harassing and raging on them.

This still raises the question as to where the portrait in its remappable form came from.

This is taking up a huge amount of staff time, far more than it should. I really can't lend any more of my time on this issue, especially not for such an uncooperative artist.

Nothing will be done until Hinderence submits proof of creation and a logfile of him speaking to the person in question directly or files a suit against the person violating his copyrights.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: PKT-966192
Department: Furcadia - Portraits
Priority: Low
=======

Really pisses me off.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #17: May 23, 2009, 11:16:52 AM»
I say this with as much respect as I can muster: Where is the common sense in this situation? Why are you looking for reasons to make the artist look like a fraud instead of putting together the circumstantial picture?

You have a commissioner, you have an artist, you have the artist's signature still on the stolen portrait in question, you have a lie from the person who took the port (ie: 'I got it on Roamheart!' 'No, you didn't, we checked'), and you have complete strangers like me who are concerned that this isn't being solved with more ease.

This isn't rocket science nor would you be setting any 'wreckless precedents' by using your head.

I don't even know or like this artist personally and I am becoming frustrated by the fact that she has to come to blows with you, Leah, when all she is trying to do is protect the sanctity of a paid commission.

Please, be real about it.

Edit: And if you think Hinderence has an attitude, perhaps it's because you're giving her such a hard time over an easily solved matter.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:19:02 AM by Hugo »

Offline passé

«Reply #18: May 23, 2009, 11:23:00 AM»
How totally unprofessional.

And as a law student, I can't tell you how much it makes me wince to see someone encouraged to "file a suit to enforce their copyrights."  sigh.

Offline Hinderence

«Reply #19: May 23, 2009, 11:57:16 AM»
I'm really sorry guys this got out of hand.
I have left a couple offline messages to Escalina  Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

(fyiI'm Female. Girl, She, and Her  >:(

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #20: May 23, 2009, 02:36:55 PM»
Wow.

Offline Samuru

«Reply #21: May 23, 2009, 03:27:15 PM»
*pinches the bridge of his nose slowly*

I have a simple question to ask you Ms. Leah, you and the rest of DEP.

Where would Furcadia be right now without artists?

The recent digo items. One was made by Saifye. An artist.

Another by Kain Ragnorak. An Artist

Let's not forget Kaeliyn Fae and Artspace. Artists

Portrait spaces? Non-existant. Afterall, there would be no art TO upload into them, making them effectively useless.

What I've read today is not something encouraging, nor is it a pleasure to witness. All I've seen here is one of the many many artists get their face stomped on. These artists, overall, generate revenue for Furcadia to even exist. You'd think these cases of theft would be treated with a bit more priority. Instead, it's a jungle gym of interrogations and man handling that falls short of Guantanamo bay. Furcadia's policy is summed up to 'If you don't want it stolen, then don't put your work here.' If all the artists followed that suggestion, this game would collapse in on itself and DEP would faulter. I am not an artist, but I have had comissioned artwork stolen from my characters. I was greeted with 'not our problem' and a series of casual shrugs which reminds me of Congress. Thus I did take it into my own hands, only to be greeted with a stamp of 'harassment'. Someone please tell me how any of this makes sense? It's not your problem, it's mine. But when I try to remedy it, I am suddenly the bad guy?

I highly suggest DEP rethinks their copyright policy, and fast. Over ten years, I've seen so many talented and wonderful artists drop this place like a rock. Why? Because justice is a dish best served with an 'I don't care'.

So DEP, it's your call now.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #22: May 23, 2009, 03:42:41 PM»
As already said this thread is for AN ART THEFT. NOT TO DISCUSS DEP POLICY. If you would like to debate the policies held by DEP make a thread in the In-Depth forum.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #23: May 23, 2009, 08:48:30 PM»
FYI, if you are going to post responses from DEP then post your original messages as well. Treating DEP poorly only results in you being treated poorly. Enforcing your copyrights is not their job. You are required to take your own precautions if you want to assert your copyrights.

Please don't construe this is condoning the actions here, but I think users should rethink some of there actions as well.

DEP has a simple set of policies to follow if you want to enforce your copyright. If you don't want to follow it, don't whine about it and jeopardize others being able to have their copyrights enforced in the future. DEP doesn't have to help you with these issues.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:09:09 PM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Gin

• Topic Author
«Reply #24: May 24, 2009, 12:15:17 AM»
...I'm not sure why this thread was locked. I guess if anyone has anything to add pm me or another staff member

anything