turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hey um -- provide feedback/ideas  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Hugo

Hey um -- provide feedback/ideas
«: May 24, 2009, 04:45:05 PM»
The art in 'art zone' looks like a Japanese character more than a word.

Just sayin'.

Edit: Narnia says we're allowed to help re-design if we don't like it. I'm working up some ideas but if you have any, feel free to contribute here or in PM.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 06:21:34 PM by Hugo »

Offline Tate

Re: Hey um
«Reply #1: May 24, 2009, 04:58:14 PM»
I agree. The word 'Art' is almost unreadable. I think the R needs redone.

Offline Azula

«Reply #2: May 24, 2009, 05:27:28 PM»
the whole logo is fucking atrocious and whoever made it doesn't understand what the fuck "graphic design" and "typography" mean.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #3: May 24, 2009, 05:44:21 PM»
Then submit an alternative. The dimensions are 300 x 110.

You all just bitch and moan and never do anything proactive.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: May 24, 2009, 05:55:14 PM»
It's not an eyesore really, just the word art really sticks out to me. I'll see what I can do in terms of design since you've opened that option.

Edit: If you can send over a copy of the current one that would help too. The rest of it is ok, just the legibility of that one word needs tweaking.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:57:43 PM by Hugo »

Offline Narnia

«Reply #5: May 24, 2009, 06:01:03 PM»
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Azula

«Reply #6: May 24, 2009, 06:08:02 PM»
i've been quite busy and i said i was going to do a better one for fam and that still stands. finals are coming up and i've had literally no time for myself in the past few weeks.

Offline Morgan

Re: Hey um -- provide feedback/ideas
«Reply #7: May 24, 2009, 09:58:56 PM»
the whole logo is fucking atrocious and whoever made it doesn't understand what the fuck "graphic design" and "typography" mean.

well im sorry if i was offhandedly dicking around with fonts and he liked it god :~(

Offline Azula

«Reply #8: May 24, 2009, 11:47:56 PM»

well im sorry if i was offhandedly dicking around with fonts and he liked it god :~(

you do the same shit with ever god awful design you stick up. stroke, gradient, drop shadow. this is web 2.0 not 1999.

Offline Dolly

«Reply #9: May 25, 2009, 03:03:34 AM»
I agree that "art zone" is hard to read.  I had to stop and stare at it for a second to realize it was words and not just some incoherent scribbles.

Just sayin'.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #10: May 25, 2009, 08:33:41 AM»
There is no need to bash Morgan over the logo. I picked the logo, I told her what I wanted. If you have an issue with it submit something else.

Offline Kenny

«Reply #11: May 25, 2009, 05:34:09 PM»
the whole logo is fucking atrocious
^^that

in my opinion, all of newfaZ ( edit: my bad B) ) is BS.. why make fam and faz look EXACTLY. THE. SAME.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:10:29 PM by Kenny »
Craig: what should my sig on faz be
Carnival: me
Joker: the jews have 44 athletes in the olympix

Offline Narnia

«Reply #12: May 25, 2009, 05:52:26 PM»
First, I don't know what is BS about newfam. The site is like 1,000 years ahead of FAMv3. The forum is better and the features on the alt list are better. There are more features hopefully in the wrond.

Why are they the same? Because FAM needed a new layout to work with SMF because the old site was a hack job between phpBB and custom coding which meant I could never update the forum.

Second, because FAZ's old layout sucked horribly. I hated looking at it everyday. I don't have money to pay people to do my web design for me and FAM and FAZ have both always been sister sites sharing common themes, colors, threads, etc. If you want to volunteer your services to make a completely custom SMF2.0 theme for either site, please do.

Otherwise, let me know when you run two websites with 3,000 active users each with google ads barely paying the hosting costs.

There are plans to host a theme/skin contest for FAM and FAZ in the near future. However, my fund at the present time prohibit that. In case you haven't heard, I'm getting married next May and that takes priority for my extra cash. However, if it bothers you that much that they are the same.. Submit your own custom theme to me.

Offline Kenny

«Reply #13: May 25, 2009, 06:04:24 PM»
too bad i made a typo there LOL.

Otherwise, let me know when you run two websites with 3,000 active users each with google ads barely paying the hosting costs. <-oh please, OH PLEASE.

its cool you run two websites with 3,000 active users each with google ads barely paying the running costs BUT that is ultimately irrelevant to me. all i know is that i have 2 convenient websites that look exactly the same.

i have 0 skill in web design so being like OH IF YOU VOLUNTEER YOUR SERVICES.. does you no good.

cool good luck with that
FAZ was fine before. couldnt you have just taken the exact same layout it had prior to the update and redo it so you could update the forums or whatever?

look, i literally know nothing about websites so ~*TYPING WITH THAT TONE*~ isnt very, y'know, fair. sorry im not an all-knowing master of the internet!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:07:21 PM by Kenny »

Offline Narnia

«Reply #14: May 25, 2009, 06:10:43 PM»
I absolutely hated the old layout on FAZ and so did most of the community. It was a very poor hack of the default SMF theme.

Offline Kenny

«Reply #15: May 25, 2009, 06:14:34 PM»
~_~ if you say so.

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #16: May 26, 2009, 02:35:38 PM»
Heh. Gimme a few minutes with my BlamBot! fonts and a little websearching... :D

It goes directly to you, right Narnia?
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

Offline Narnia

«Reply #17: May 26, 2009, 02:56:11 PM»
Ultimately yes. But why not post it here so everyone can provide feedback...

Offline Hugo

«Reply #18: May 26, 2009, 04:00:48 PM»
owoops forgot to post.

Sesruc

«Reply #19: May 26, 2009, 04:42:13 PM»
hmm although the r is wayyy more legible in that.. the design of it doesn't match the rest of the font imo
it's too thick at the top and the left side of the t is rounded. the rectangular shape of the r is off too esp. when the rest of the font is full of sharp angles

of course this is coming from me who has no experience with fonts at all so i'm just giving my two cents, not gunna try making a new logo

IPGD

«Reply #20: May 26, 2009, 06:11:47 PM»
HOW ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #21: May 26, 2009, 06:14:44 PM»
I like dat.

Offline Sync

«Reply #22: May 26, 2009, 06:16:38 PM»
i like dat too.

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #23: May 26, 2009, 06:40:41 PM»
Heeeey... that'd work well.

I'll still work on mine, but I won't be insulted if you chose his... no, wait! Idea! Install a randomizer in its place, and choose a couple of the good ones we'll crank out! :D
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

IPGD

«Reply #24: May 26, 2009, 06:56:57 PM»
i refuse to participate in this infernal logo democracy, my logo must subjugate all others and rule over the plebeian logos as supreme dictator

HEUTE FAZ, MORGEN DIE GANZE WELT

anything