turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [DONE] uh YEAH  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Tate

[DONE] uh YEAH
«: May 25, 2009, 12:17:52 AM»
Can't post pictures.

Also, please to be making suggestions for improvement thread, and informing us of what you're doing to faz, like you did with fam. :/ It was kinda annoying to suddenly have this. Eaten profiles, and most of faz's features destroyed.

I feel like faz might be being slighted...?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:34:11 PM by Narnia »

Offline Wizard

Re: uh YEAH
«Reply #1: May 25, 2009, 12:19:53 AM»
All I can say of this update is MOMMY HOW DO I MAEK IT WURK

Offline Nny

«Reply #2: May 25, 2009, 12:32:22 AM»
Ugh, I agree with Masha, and am pretty much thinking the same thing as Wizard.

It would be REALLY nice to know WHAT is being updated, besides just a "oop site update".

Offline Tate

«Reply #3: May 25, 2009, 12:33:57 AM»
I really miss the sidebar that had the five most recent forum posts. And the most recent art bar on the other side. That was the only reason I entered through the front page, and it was why I liked faz far more than fam. So much more usable. :/

Offline turntechGodhead

«Reply #4: May 25, 2009, 12:34:36 AM»
hay guise ges wat
update
yw
TG: sir im afraid the comet is the size of your moms dick
TG: OH SNAP

Offline Nny

«Reply #5: May 25, 2009, 12:36:13 AM»
I really miss the sidebar that had the five most recent forum posts. And the most recent art bar on the other side. That was the only reason I entered through the front page, and it was why I liked faz far more than fam. So much more usable. :/

THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS.
I agree 100%.
I was sad to get on FAZ and see that missing. :C

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: May 25, 2009, 01:06:39 AM»
What do you mean, can't post pictures?...

The front page should be back in place.

What else did you want to see back?
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Tate

«Reply #7: May 25, 2009, 01:10:15 AM»
YAY :DDDD And it gave me an error message before. Lemme try again. If it does it again I'll screen shot.

OH DUDE IT'S ON ALL PAGES! SWEET!

Offline Tate

«Reply #8: May 25, 2009, 01:12:24 AM»
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/matth41/public_html/furcartzone.com/Sources/Subs-Graphics.php on line 227"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:13:51 AM by Narnia »

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: May 25, 2009, 01:18:18 AM»
Okay, I'll get that over to the person who wrote the MOD. If he doesn't have a fix ASAP we'll downgrade the gallery.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Nny

«Reply #10: May 25, 2009, 01:19:39 AM»
Whoo, awesome!
The only thing that slightly bugs me is that it shows ALLLL the recent forum posts.
Is there a way to make it so that it's the same as it was on the older version?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #11: May 25, 2009, 01:21:01 AM»
I'm fairly certain that's how the old site worked.... What did I do differently on the old version?

Was it just new topics?

Offline Tate

«Reply #12: May 25, 2009, 01:22:15 AM»
I'm fairly certain that's how the old site worked.... What did I do differently on the old version?

Was it just new topics?

Yes, just new posts to topics. One showing per topic, updating with the newest person to post.

Offline Tate

«Reply #13: May 25, 2009, 01:25:33 AM»
Much better 8DDDD <3

Offline Narnia

«Reply #14: May 25, 2009, 01:26:01 AM»

Was it just new topics?
Yes, just new posts to topics. One showing per topic, updating with the newest person to post.

I think that's fixed now as well.

See, you don't have to all act like its the end of the world. Politely approaching me does wonders. I'm generally pretty responsive to things and quick to try and resolve problems. Especially after an update.

If you appreciate that, consider buying a subscription!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:31:09 PM by Narnia »

Offline Nny

«Reply #15: May 25, 2009, 01:28:09 AM»
Yesss, this is much better. <33
And I actually am considering buying a subscription once I get a little extra cash now that FAZ has it's old features back. :B
Thanks for doing that, Narnia. <3

Offline Narnia

«Reply #16: May 25, 2009, 01:35:55 AM»
Hopefully I'll have the gallery fixed by mid-day tomorrow. I was unaware that it was broken till Masha said something. =)

Offline Nny

«Reply #17: May 25, 2009, 01:50:08 AM»
Ohhh... I just thought of another thing.
Would it be possible to have the profiles back to the way they were?
With the About Me, Interests, Comments, and the Buddy List?

Offline Tate

«Reply #18: May 25, 2009, 02:19:39 AM»

And perhaps one more box-thing that you can name and add whatever in?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #19: May 25, 2009, 08:32:39 AM»

There is a buddy list, but it doesn't work the same way. I don't think there is a profile comment mod available for SMF2.0 at this time. I can add the other fields back in.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #20: May 25, 2009, 08:58:56 AM»
I made a few tweaks to the display of images on the site so it's not so squished for those people with smaller screen resolutions.

Offline La-la

«Reply #21: May 25, 2009, 09:30:49 PM»
uggh comments and friends gone = suck. i dont like the new forum but i'll deal  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #22: May 25, 2009, 09:43:32 PM»
Will the "previous" and "next" links on pics in the galleries be available like they were on the old gallery?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #23: May 25, 2009, 10:17:22 PM»
Yes. We're working on getting that fixed ASAP!

Apparently the mod author tried to fix the problem where if you reached the end of a gallery it still had a next link and ended up removing them all from personal galleries.