turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Pricing advice on a set of horse avs?  (Read 969 times)

Offline Abracadaver

Pricing advice on a set of horse avs?
«: May 28, 2009, 02:59:59 AM»
I'm just curious... and a little nervous? Wanting to sell my horse av set (used with slightly different colouring in Wild Horse Canyon) after a pretty long time hoarding them and paranoid about them "getting out" (lol) so I'm pretty sure I'm the least qualified person to be deciding on a price for them. XD
All of them come with basic pinto patterns, fur/markings for the main body, but I realised after clumping the recoloured ones into the preview picture that I hadn't shown a yearling in a non-solid colour. But yeah. They've all got spots and stuff, I just apparently zoned out during the recolouring of the yearlings. xD
If possible, I'd like to know what I should sell them for, both individually and as a set? In $US/GD would be preferable, danke. :"3

Thanks in advance! ^_^

~Penni

Offline Anarchy

Re: Pricing advice on a set of horse avs?
«Reply #1: May 28, 2009, 04:18:34 AM»
I think it depends on if you're going to be selling them exclusively or letting many people purchase them. If you're selling them exclusively I'd say 20-35 per set and some kind of package deal price if they're all sold together. If you're selling them to various people I'd say 3-5 per set, also with a package deal if someone wants to buy them all.

Offline Abracadaver

«Reply #2: May 28, 2009, 05:39:10 AM»
I'm not sure what I had planned, really - like, not totally exclusive since I still use them in a few dreams, as do a couple of friends since we frequently work on dream projects together, and we'd like to continue using them ourselves. But not handing them out like cupcakes or something either... and I think I'm confused. Can you tell I've never done this before? XD
I'm thinking maybe something like I've seen on a couple of other people's sites, where they have you register the dream/s or uploader/s you want to be authorised to use the patch. Maybe a limited number of copies for sale, but once you've bought one copy you can use it as many times as you want, so long as you register the dreams you use it in? For convenience, if nothing else - fewer cries of "theft!" if everyone knows who's meant to have what. I'm not sure what kind of system to use, really, I just know I don't want to hand it completely over to one person only, but I also don't want it kinda thrown about and getting over-used (if there was any chance of that to begin with xD)...
Umm... yeah. That probably didn't help at all.
I have no clue what I'm doing, sorry. XD

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #3: May 28, 2009, 12:08:01 PM»
If you want it exclusive but not handed out like cupcakes then up the price.

think it depends on if you're going to be selling them exclusively or letting many people purchase them. If you're selling them exclusively I'd say 20-35 per set and some kind of package deal price if they're all sold together. If you're selling them to various people I'd say 3-5 per set, also with a package deal if someone wants to buy them all.

Sell them for about 15-20gd/$ each and only a few people will buy it, as well as you and others still being able to use it for your dreams.

Offline Abracadaver

«Reply #4: May 28, 2009, 12:15:32 PM»
Thanks! :"D

anything