turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: FBR  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Kelly

FBR
«: May 28, 2009, 11:52:03 PM»
FURCADIA BATTLE ROYALE lmao...

(Please take note, this is not masterpiece above you, everyone is attempting this at their own skills. I only ask that you will all be fair with one another. We are all trying to learn and have fun!!!)

PS: for the elitist artists who think this is too much effort to put forth, if you expect effort from beginners, you need to expect to put some up too man.

Okay, well I don't know if anyone will actually want to join this. It's worth a try or w/e.
The reason why I brought this game up was,
1. To get the ~*elitist*~ art group and the beginners to feel more at peace with one another. It's an attempt stfuuuu.
2. In this game, there's obvious effort because you're drawing in different poses. People are going to have to try in this game, its not like drawing one particular stick pose of someones design. I find that boring. >:
3. You're all learning, everyone is here to learn more on anatomy, shading(you don't have to color if you don't want to), whatever your desire to ~*level*~ up as your ability as an artist.
4. There is a lot of people here with some anger-issues, just by looking through everyone's posts.. So why not take it up on drawing instead of verbally abusing each other every single day. Heeeey its more practice. I know I have gotten into some fights with some of you people. lmao

Okay this is how it works,

??? What is this battle royale?
It's just as the name suggests, a big brawl where anyone is free to fight anyone.

??? How do I fight? Is this like roleplaying?
- In a way, yes, but your doing it through drawings. Meaning if you see something happening or a person posing or taunting you're free to then use any medium you wish to attack and engage that person in battle.

- The picture should show both him/her and you doing your move. Even if you go for a killing move the other person has the right to do a recovery move.
For instance it could be like this:

1) Someone poses.
2) You attack the person cutting off all the limbs with a chainsaw or sword.
3) The person counters by suddenly possesing telekinesis and has his/her limbs launch at you.

The only thing that I can't stress enough is that it has to be a picture showing this. It's okay to add in text for the picture if you draw comic panels to add some dialogue or the likes.

>:( REQUIREMENTS:
-As you post, you must include a visual of your design, so the other person can draw this said character as they battle you. Just hyperlink it or something so it doesn't take up a shitload of space.
-On the top of your post, if you looked through the gaia forums for examples of these battles you'll see an @characternamehere. It'd be nice if you had these so people know who your attacking directly. It could be one person or everyone at the same time, include names in there please. >:

??? Characters?
- Can be anyyyyyy character, whether human, anthro, feral, a mutated monster idk. ANYTHING. Just of your own design please, don't start acting like other people man.

??? Does it have to be made in a special style?
- Nope, its the all in the artists way of doing pictures and should therefore stay that way. If you're engaged by someone who you consider draws in a way lesser to yours and shouldnt be bothered with your efforts you're looking at this the wrong way. It can be speedpainting, pencil sketches, gif animations, avatar edits, oekaki, whatever your speciality is.

??? So why even bother?
- Hey, I'm not forcing you to participate. I started this thread because in the long run its good practice. You have to show what's happening in a good way so you get practice with dynamic movement and the likes.

??? People are challenging the character I wanted to fight!
- Sorry! I should have pointed that out earlier! It's bound to happen, that many might attack the character you were targetting but don't get too hung up over it seeing as its the targeted character who decides which attack to counter and he/she might even do a double work and unite both attacks targetted at him/her. I have seen 3on3 and more brawls in the early days so keep up the good work and just wait and see how it develops!

??? My attack didn't have any effect on the targeted character and was more or less ignored.
- If you're still up for the job you can make a follow-up and make it hit someone else. Remember this is all for fun and personal practice if you will. So no getting too overly upset! Just follow the groove.

??? What about talking(writing) to other participants here?
- By all means, compliment! Tho, please avoid adding posts telling you will be on later or start conversations that lose track of the red line. You are not in your own private thread and others might find that annoying.
If you need to talk something out do it through PICTURES, PMs or at another thread. This is a picture post.

??? STILL DON'T GET IT?
- http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/picture-post/avatar-battle-royale/t.20836541_1/ <--- Look at the examples from others and how they battle one another. Grasp the concept firsthand idk.

>:( Make this thread interesting, add in scenarios. Examples like, zombies attacking everyone, an atomic bomb about to explode, everyone is high because a field of ~*special*~ leaves are burning.. etc.

??? Backgrounds
They make things cooler, if you wanna be the cool person to make up a scene then do it. Power to you man. You could make a background with the beach, the city, the countryside, whatever you feel like the mood of the scenario should be in. Everyone is working together here in this thread, ~*community effort*~.

HEY WASSUP  8)

:-* NEWCOMERS BROWSE THROUGH THE NEWEST PAGES TO SEE IF THERE ALREADY IS SOMEONE TAUNTING FOR A BATTLE AND ATTACK THEM
There wont be any battles started if you just show off the characters  :)

:o NO SPAMMING! IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT WITH ANOTHER PARTICIPANT DO IT THROUGH PM OR ON ANOTHER THREAD.
You interrupt the battles if you just post text or conversations only meaningful to you and another one in the middle of ongoing battles.

THIS IS A GAME, DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUS.

~*CREDIT*~: I completly stole this from Gaia Online's ABR, located http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/picture-post/avatar-battle-royale/t.20836541_1/

All credit goes to that guy, Zaerook and whoever developed the entire game wholly.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:38:53 AM by Kelly »

Offline Kelly

Re: FBR (setting up, idk dont post anything yet)
«Reply #1: May 29, 2009, 11:21:24 AM»
@anyone
design(added bewbs ok n a bathing suit top..)

(psst, right-click, view image..)

Offline Sync

Re: FBR
«Reply #2: May 29, 2009, 11:40:09 AM»
oo this is neat
i'll be @kelly just give me a sec to draw

here's my design:
scarlett ja.

(right click full view lol)

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: May 29, 2009, 12:29:27 PM»
okay here we go A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED
and we're in a city see by my awesome buildings back dere

full view cause it shrunk me ):

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: May 29, 2009, 02:02:33 PM»
I can haz army right?? (Art originally by Eevee, I just erased a stupid ninja out.)

I'm sorry it's not my original art, but I felt this picture needed to be in the thread to get some battles going!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:08:49 PM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Kelly

«Reply #5: May 29, 2009, 02:38:06 PM»
@sync

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:32:57 PM by Kelly »

Offline Sync

«Reply #6: May 30, 2009, 11:04:22 PM»
oh it's on now.

@kelly!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:17:28 AM by Sync »

Offline Eevee

«Reply #7: June 01, 2009, 06:54:51 PM»
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:14:56 PM by Eevee »

Offline Kelly

«Reply #8: June 01, 2009, 07:54:13 PM»
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:45:39 PM by Kelly »

Offline Sync

«Reply #9: June 01, 2009, 08:16:06 PM»
LOL OMG eevee

@KELLY
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:22:04 PM by Sync »

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #10: June 01, 2009, 10:23:44 PM»
So do I post a ref to join or? ;_; I'm confused.

Oh someone helped. Here is my ref thing:

And I hope I am doing this right. D: I wasn't sure how to throw myself in really so I will draw soemthing nicer when I actually interact with another character. I wanna play but I'm stupid and lost. D:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:54:38 AM by Turquoise »

Offline Vinny

«Reply #11: June 02, 2009, 02:27:25 AM»
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:29:18 AM by Vinny »

pez

«Reply #12: June 02, 2009, 06:24:50 AM»
orz orz orz lol the neverending shoop. the idea came to me as soon as i saw this post, so here's me stealing turq's bystander idea and entering pez.

right click-->view image.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #13: June 02, 2009, 01:21:57 PM»

pez

«Reply #14: June 02, 2009, 01:44:01 PM»
@TURQ

magical ass-suck powers

full view--> http://i39.tinypic.com/dd04k6.png

Offline Kelly