turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price this premade (not really looking for crit lol)  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Booker

Price this premade (not really looking for crit lol)
«: March 03, 2008, 09:43:42 PM»
yep. idk how much to sell this for lol

of course, i put a considerable amount of work into it. no, it doesn't come with a bg. yes, all edits would be free. i'm not really looking for crit, as the title says.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:28:11 PM by Clint »

Offline Zodiac

Re: crit AND price
«Reply #1: March 04, 2008, 04:10:57 AM»
I think you did a really good job on this one. The background could be a little more in detail, but otherwise I like it.

I would say 9-10GD

Offline Fwirl

«Reply #2: March 04, 2008, 07:10:20 AM»
i agree with turq. most def.
9-10. this is nice.
yes, background NEEDS fixing before it can go to 10.
other than that, the anatomy is REALLY good, and so is the face.
i think you could do a little better on shading the chest. looks a little bare.
but seriously. this is nice. you have A LOT of potential.
keep at it. keep at it. keep at it. some day you'll be able to bump up your prices and get more with your talent.
</endblabbering>

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #3: March 04, 2008, 10:35:14 AM»
Mmm I love your art...<3 I would say 10GD+++

Offline Booker

«Reply #4: March 04, 2008, 03:19:12 PM»
I think you did a really good job on this one. The background could be a little more in detail, but otherwise I like it.

I would say 9-10GD

Thankyou 8D Yeah, the background is a bit iffy. I'll re-do it before I put this up for sale.

i agree with turq. most def.
9-10. this is nice.
yes, background NEEDS fixing before it can go to 10.
other than that, the anatomy is REALLY good, and so is the face.
i think you could do a little better on shading the chest. looks a little bare.
but seriously. this is nice. you have A LOT of potential.
keep at it. keep at it. keep at it. some day you'll be able to bump up your prices and get more with your talent.
</endblabbering>

Wow, thanks a lot xD I agree the chest does look a little bare. I'll take that into consideration when I make the final tweaks, and hopefully I'll be able to make it look better. And like I responded to Turquoise, I'll re-do that BG before I sell. I'll keep making ports and getting crit on premades and then maybe I'll take commissions in the near future.

Mmm I love your art...<3 I would say 10GD+++

Aww thank you too. xD I'll probably price this for less than 10 though.

Anyway, thank you guys 8D I really appreciate it. I'll try to make a better BG soon and keep working so I can get better. I think the final price for this will be around 8GD.

Offline Booker

«Reply #5: March 06, 2008, 03:25:11 PM»

Update.

I haven't changed the BG yet, but I'd like some opinions on the new chest. Does it look better or worse?

Offline Mala

«Reply #6: March 06, 2008, 06:54:34 PM»
It looks better than the original, and I really think you should up the price as it was now.

At least 5GD and when you make final tweaks, pop it up. Its really, really nice.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #7: March 06, 2008, 09:58:13 PM»
8-10GD due to the coloring, but I can see some places where the lines need reworking. For instance, the 'fingers' on the wing look broken or positioned painfully. It helps to think of the open part of a wing like a hand and the part attaching the the back like a thin arm.

The horns seem to curl in really tightly over the head unless that's what you intended. And then, of course, the shoulder on the right seems too far over and up with collar bones that are a bit too large. Errr. Here, I'll redline if you don't mind? English fails me when it comes to critique sometimes.

A trick I often use is flipping my pictures horizontally. That way my flaws jump out at me that I couldn't see while drawing the image.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 10:00:58 PM by Hugo »

Offline Booker

«Reply #8: March 07, 2008, 03:30:00 PM»
That's actually really helpful, and I see where you were going, but there are some things I would disagree with.
for instance, I agree with you that the shoulder looks a tad odd, but to me the redlined shoulder+the redlined neck seem just a tiny bit narrow. I'll probably go to edit it and settle a bit in the middle. I wouldn't have thought about editting the shoulder if you hadn't pointed it out, so thanks. As for the collar bones, I'll shorten them too. And I indended to horns to curve tightly. Should I not have? Maybe it does seem a bit odd.

The 'elbow' part of the wing I agree with, but not the finger. More specifically, the top one. I will probably edit the middle and bottom ones, but leave the majority of the top one. My reason being that when I bend my index finger, it has multiple joints. it looks strange to me going straight up like that HOWEVERRRrr I will probably change the lines to be a bit uptilted, and straighten them out, but I might not ending up following your exact guidelines.

A trick I often use is flipping my pictures horizontally. That way my flaws jump out at me that I couldn't see while drawing the image.
I will probably try that in future ports, aswell as the premade I'm working on now.

But I actually really appreciate it. I hope I didn't make myself sound like a complete doofus, or make myself seem rude. The redline was helpful, I should I have asked for that first. Thank you so much.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #9: March 07, 2008, 07:22:44 PM»
It's actually good to disagree with redlines sometimes. It means you have parts of your style that you like and are sticking with.

Best of luck with future ports (and this one!).

Offline Booker

«Reply #10: March 17, 2008, 09:33:21 PM»
I put up a new one, so all the posts above this one have nothing to do with the port in question.

Offline Booker

Re: Price this premade (not really looking for crit lol)
«Reply #11: April 13, 2008, 01:28:58 PM»
updateeee

Offline La-la

«Reply #12: April 13, 2008, 01:36:41 PM»
With no BG? I'd say 7 or 8 GD/$ wutevz :3

Offline Booker

«Reply #13: April 15, 2008, 07:08:56 PM»
i have no idea how i missed your post La-la @[email protected] but yeah, no bg because i faaail XD and 7/8 is more than i planned to sell it for. i'm still looking for more input though P:

Offline Booker

«Reply #15: April 15, 2008, 07:16:53 PM»
OMAI they're so pretty :OOO i'm trying very hard to save up though. it's so tempting ;_; i just gave away 14GD the other day, which is a lot for me when i'm getting nada in return XD i'll think about it. it is only 1GD, after all @[email protected]

Offline sarragh

«Reply #16: April 15, 2008, 07:32:37 PM»
What La means is, she does your bg for one GD, and you sell your ports for 8 gd + instead of three.

Offline Booker

«Reply #17: April 15, 2008, 07:48:23 PM»
orly. what worries me is that no one would buy it XD

Offline La-la

«Reply #18: April 15, 2008, 07:50:07 PM»
If you'd like, I could always do one and get payment after you do! :B Just keep it in mind for future ports and things! I need the practiccce.

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #19: April 15, 2008, 07:51:11 PM»
.... >>; I'd buy it. I think anywhere from 7 - 12 GD is a good price.

-has been secretly waiting for it to be for sale, actually- xD;
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Booker

«Reply #20: April 15, 2008, 07:58:45 PM»
okey dokey La-la, would you make a BG for it? :O and then, of course, i'd pay you afterwards C:

and rofl Dormouse XD well, it will be for sale soon. thankyou for the input!

i think the final price will be about 8, if it's not a stretch? i've never usually sell anything for more than 4 lol @[email protected]

Offline La-la

«Reply #21: April 15, 2008, 08:19:24 PM»
Any specific type of background you'd like? :3

Offline Booker

«Reply #22: April 15, 2008, 08:21:17 PM»
uh.. not really P: i guess whatever would go good.

I TRUST YOUR SKILLS xD

Offline La-la

«Reply #23: April 15, 2008, 08:26:01 PM»
YOU WILL REGRET THOSE WORDS. Would you like to send me the file or just do a background and send it to you?

Offline Booker

«Reply #24: April 16, 2008, 07:53:44 PM»
port will go up forsale tonight e____E whooo?

La-la, i can put the bg on there right lol

anything