turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [DONE] a few suggestions concerning galleries  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Sync

[DONE] a few suggestions concerning galleries
«: June 01, 2009, 07:41:50 PM»
yeah, all in one post cause i have a few.

1. putting "Gallery search" up in the top navigation bar. i'm probably the only one who does this, but i keep thinking search is gallery search not forum search. i dunno, i think it'd be useful.

2. fix gallery links i guess?
idk this has been bugging me. when you click somebody's gallery now, instead of going here:
http://i41.tinypic.com/6iqk34.png

it goes here:
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z48js5.png
cause it's view all images soo.

which to mean sort of kills the point of even having separate folders in the first place. so, i suggest that changed it to "view gallery", so you go to the where the first link goes, all your folders, and a link somewhere on the page that says "view full gallery" for those who aren't looking for anything specific.

3. where did the downloads area go i liked that ;_;

4. option to display "feature art" in your gallery.
 like when first going to your folders, i know you can display four of your most commented, most viewed, etc, but no option to display four featured. i think that'd be nice to have.

5. suggested a million times, but i'd love favoriting lol.

6. again, probably suggested before, but replying to a comment would be pretty cool too.

7. staff picks on featured art?
sorta like what DA does in daily deviations, maybe have a featured art section where staff pick something to feature for some amount of time.

8. maybe scoot your recent images to the right side of your profile. again? or at least have that option? not a big deal i just liked that better.

9. having some form of mature content sign on the thumbnail before you click the picture would be nice. also an option to turn it off for people who do not care, above a certain age if there are legal problems i guess.

10. a public gallery for critiques, like the premade category, only you'd just post art there if you wanted critique on it, and people would comment on the piece itself.

11. watching would be nice too. i'd like to be notified if somebody i like posts something new.

yeah, i just think faz needs more emphasis on galleries obviously through these suggestions?
these weren't made to ~*FIGHT THE POWER*~ and i don't know shit about coding so idk how hard they would be to do. i just thought maybe they could improve the site, dunno if everyone agrees. if you don't want to, don't do it lol.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:17:45 PM by Narnia »

IPGD

Re: a few suggestions concerning galleries
«Reply #1: June 01, 2009, 08:11:18 PM»
7. staff picks on featured art?
sorta like what DA does in daily deviations, maybe have a featured art section where staff pick something to feature for some amount of time.
those always end up with a lot of drama

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: June 01, 2009, 08:17:24 PM»
1) I am limited in how many tabs I can have up there if I want the tabs to display correctly on lower screen resolutions. I could add a link to the navigation if that'll help.

2) Are you referring to under a persons name in forum posts? If you are, I will fix that. I didn't realize the link was changed when I put that back in.

3) Downloads was removed. I just can't compete with Roamheart at this time. I would like to rework downloads and reopen it, but I need ideas on how to better work it so it is used.

4) I will suggest this to the mod author for the gallery and see if he can add it in. He's working on a new release so we might be able to convince him.

5) Again, I'll suggest it to the mod author, but I don't know if he'll add it in. I'd love if he did though.

6) I have never seen any mods for SMF that allow replying to comments in any mod. But I will check with the gallery mod author and see if it can be done.

7) I'll check with the staff to see what they think. SMF actually implements a new SSI function that will display a member of the day randomly. I could try add a random member of the day block on the front page above the images as a start. (Though it may display a member with no gallery uploads..)

8) I liked it better too. I'm waiting for the profile mod we were previously using to be updated for SMF2.0. However, I may modify it myself once the Oekaki board is added in because your profile will show recent gallery uploads and Oekaki images.

9) I will report that to the gallery mod author. Is this happening when actually browsing images through the gallery tab, or is it just in the random and recent image blocks?

10) This is a possibility. Do you want it to automatically create a thread, or just have comments on the photo in the gallery?

11) Similar to favorites. I'll have to check with the mod author and see if he can put something in.

I love suggestions.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: June 01, 2009, 08:35:33 PM»
1. yeah, that'd help.

2. yes and when clicking from their profile.

10. i'd say just on the pictures because it'd have the same problem as the premade art gallery. if it makes a new thread every time, people just have a field day telling you you can only have one thread at a time e_______________________ e even though there's no way to turn it off.

and awesome to all the other things. hope they get worked out lol.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: June 12, 2009, 06:28:41 PM»
Someone prod me to do the things I said I would do in this thread that I haven't done yet.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:35:10 PM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: June 12, 2009, 06:31:20 PM»
well idk, never been done before in these forums right? takes time lol.

andddd i forgot to post about the mature content thing, it happens in every place, both gallery and recent images and stuff.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: June 12, 2009, 06:35:36 PM»
Mature filter seems to work in user galleries, but not anywhere. I asked the mod author to fix it in the next update if possible.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: August 20, 2009, 01:17:23 PM»
#1 Done. (In side nav.)

#2 Done.

#3 Looking for community feedback on returning it.

#4 Done.

#5 Done. (You can watch users art and request to be their 'buddy' for favoriting.)

#6 Was supposed to make it into most recent gallery updates, but must not have. I'll check on it.

#7 Not going to happen at this time.

#8 Done. Hopefully will have option soon to choose between profile types.

#9 Mature warning should be working. If it is still not please send me links of pages where it isn't.

#10 Done. Revised the forum boards to serve this purpose.

#11 See number 5.