turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: First Place: Kitterwing for life.  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Aries

First Place: Kitterwing for life.
«: June 06, 2009, 12:51:50 PM»
x-posted from the TGT Forums

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR AN INDEPENDENT DREAM THAT HAS IT'S OWN SET OF RULES. WE WELCOME VISITORS AND NEW PATRONS, HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18+ OOC TO BE IN THE DREAM.
While we do prefer that you abide by these rules, I personally have no issue with anyone should they wish to just look about and then leave soon after.
We welcome outside artists that will soon be of age to enjoy all the comforts of what many call 'home'.

[size=24]"A Day in the Life of..."[/size]
[size=18]A scene contest.[/size]

Juicy bits:

PRIZES:  
(at least 3 places - divvy of winnings yet to be decided depending on donations received and 'value' of items)
For all three places:
- Display and credit of your piece on TGT's forum and website, once available, along with your rank.
- A icon tag to use in your signature on the (tgt) forum. (like a collection of prize badges! hehe! Our own version of desctags!) + Honorable mention tags for those that did not place.
donated prizes:
- Kitter-For-Life - from #Sa/Chow/Skadowee (currently first place default)
- non-remap non-pixel port - from Aries/#Sh
(if you wish to donate, please pm me! We rely on your generous contributions!)

Start Date: nao!!!

End Date: July 4th/2009

Entries: There will be no 'running list' you can post if you are entering if you want but we will not keep a list of people projected to enter. Also, please do not post your entry, send it to the e-mail provided. We will take care of the rest. This will hopefully encourage more entrants and become less of an issue when intimidation can occur by who is entering and how many.

YOU MAY ENTER AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE, BUT MAY ONLY PLACE ONCE.

Finished Entries: e-mail to [email protected] - When your entry is received, we will post that we have received it BY TITLE of your entry. Please see below for further instructions of what is needed. Please attach or upload your image and include the link with the following:
fill-in form:
Furcadia Main Alt Name:
TGT Forum Name:
E-Mail:
Art Website:
Years attending TGT: (this in no way effects your entry. we are simply overjoyed if a newcomer enters!)
Title of Piece:
Set the scene: (few lines or paragraph of what is happening, or, if a scene from roleplay or made up scene, maybe a snippet of what is going on/from the rp that the art depicts)

[size=18]

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES ON THE FORUM. WE WILL DO THIS FOR YOU ONCE THE ENTRIES ARE CLOSED.[/size]

Exhibition entries:
If you wish to participate but don't care for prizes, you can enter an exhibition entry! All the same info and restrictions apply, but please mark that it is an EXHIBITION piece, and you therefore can show it off freely as an example!

Received:
(forum name - title of peice)

1) Jay - TGT Entertainment

[size=18]Contest Specifics:[/size]
Contest: "A day in the life of; a scene contest"
[/b][/i]

This IS an art contest.

A scene contest can be a fictional scene of made-up characters and/or your current rp character in a scene you have or are yet to rp, or others in an area of TGT which exists currently or an area you think would be existing on the island. Areas that are shortly planned and are in patching stages: Beach/Jungle/Healer wing.

You could also observe rp and find a scene you like best and draw it, if so inspired. PLEASE ask permission of those involved or those you intend to depict before drawing them.

Size restrictions:
900px high/550px width  - KB size does not currently matter, but please be reasonable and have the saved file be a decent quality. We may resize if needed.

Inspiration:
Use any area of TGT, or any part you think may exist on the island, most likely areas you have thought up in your own role-play within the dream. They could include the forthcoming beach/jungle and healer wing. We encourage original ideas such as coves or hide-aways, or other areas that may not exactly be within the dream at this point. Remember, anything could inspire Minty to actually take a bit of your idea for the dream!

Use of work:
May be used for inspired patches within TGT. May be used on the website for TGT an public display for promotion of the dream. Your name and art site may also be linked to the piece.

Judging:
Judging will not be based entirely on skill but on whom depicts the scene and scenery about them, what best suits TGT and the feel of TGT.
A BACKGROUND IS CRUCIAL
sketches are okay but more completed work is enjoyed
Colors and feel of lighting is a plus, but you may go monochrome.
MUST DEPICT A SCENE INVOLVING TGT'S SCENERY (existent/upcoming or imagined, so long as it fits the feel of TGT)

FAQ:

n/a atm
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:05:09 AM by Aries »
From my mind pours fourth a multitude of ideas, a well of inspiration.

Offline Aries

Re: First Place: Kitterwing for life.
«Reply #1: July 04, 2009, 10:05:36 AM»
only a couple entries so far.

I guess the entry deadline is today :D!
From my mind pours fourth a multitude of ideas, a well of inspiration.

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #2: July 04, 2009, 11:05:06 AM»
BAH!
*didn't see this* D:
*SKETCHSKETCHSKETCH*

Offline Primus

«Reply #3: July 06, 2009, 08:56:26 AM»
FFF I DIDN'T SEE THIS! DAMNNN
You just lost The Game.

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #4: July 07, 2009, 06:55:03 AM»
I don't suppose you could extend this? I didn't see this either,  but this looks like a fun contest!

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #5: July 13, 2009, 01:19:17 PM»
*poke this thread*
I sent in a piece of art and I haven't heard back from anyone and do not see how long the process of judging takes. When might I expect results?