turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Please Critique my equine-anthro  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Aelynna

Please Critique my equine-anthro
«: June 06, 2009, 06:18:53 PM»
I drew and colored it myself. blahblahblah. Aqua Dark provided the background.

This is my attempt to draw an equine anthro that's not as feral looking as per the norm. The goal was also to draw an equine anthro not in profile.

http://aelynna.deviantart.com/art/Aelynna-Portrait-125027830
(link to the deviantart page if the image fails to load)

Offline Hugo

Re: Please Critique my equine-anthro
«Reply #1: June 07, 2009, 02:02:56 PM»
There's a missing black pixel on her left shoulder (our left) and you may want to give an outward curve the hair at the back of her skull rather than an inward one.

Looks ok otherwise

Offline Suzy

«Reply #2: June 07, 2009, 05:08:05 PM»
I second Hugo's comment. I also see a stray black pixel on one of her breasts. :P Good job otherwise~!

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: June 07, 2009, 05:09:24 PM»
i would remove the vertical line on her face or at least make it shorter, defining her muzzle more with shading. i dunno, long black lines in ports even if they might be as close as you can get just look really awkward.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #4: June 07, 2009, 05:32:30 PM»

thats just what i'd do with it, personally

Offline Suzy

«Reply #5: June 08, 2009, 06:18:35 PM»
Looking back on this again, I also see that her neck is either too far back or too thin. <3

Offline La-la

«Reply #6: June 08, 2009, 06:20:28 PM»
morgans edits look great, id definitely do something like that.

Offline Creek

«Reply #7: June 09, 2009, 05:27:17 AM»
I dunno, I played with the hair and neck :3 v[woo go crappy paint.net]

Offline Sedde

«Reply #8: June 13, 2009, 05:41:59 PM»
Still that spare pixel on the breast...what's that supposed to be, anywho? :( The lack of mouth is a little disturbing too, but that might just be a stylistic choice. The hair needs some help as well in the shading department, but the shape is better now. I'd say the neck looks better too. This really just needs some polishing up to be a pretty good piece. Spare floaty pixels = NOT your friend.

Offline Suzy

«Reply #9: June 17, 2009, 04:01:08 PM»
Still that spare pixel on the breast...what's that supposed to be, anywho? :( The lack of mouth is a little disturbing too, but that might just be a stylistic choice. The hair needs some help as well in the shading department, but the shape is better now. I'd say the neck looks better too. This really just needs some polishing up to be a pretty good piece. Spare floaty pixels = NOT your friend.

Perhaps that pixel is a strategically placed mole to draw attention to the goods? XD

anything