turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mwuah Portrait -- [uploaded/done.]  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Typhlosion

Mwuah Portrait -- [uploaded/done.]
«: June 07, 2009, 01:05:13 PM»
no we're good.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:56:27 AM by Mwuah »

Offline Hugo

Re: Mwuah Portrait -- need critique.
«Reply #1: June 07, 2009, 02:01:34 PM»
Thems some shiny knees she has.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #2: June 07, 2009, 07:35:28 PM»
The bright white highlights on the lips are definitely something I'm not a fan of, but that's probably just personal taste. The little c-shaped piece of hair in bracer color on her boob is a liiittle awkward, too. o_o;

That's about all that I have to say about it that's bad, though. The light source is a bit confusing at some points too (like on her collarbone) but hey, you chose somethin' very difficult to do, so I have to applaud you for that.

IPGD

«Reply #3: June 07, 2009, 08:26:17 PM»

paintover with pixelslol

key points:
  • The collarbone is not going to be that pronounced; also, lower the left shoulder
  • Nix the gaping chasm between the breasts. Not even huge fake breasts will look like that.
  • Add more shadow to the face according to the light source; the tops of the cheeks will be darker according to the from-below shadow
  • Make the leg and knees more shapely
  • I don't think you can reproduce what I did to the mouth in the Furcadia pallet, but I would try to find some way to subdue it a little. The big black dotty smile looks odd

Offline Suzy

«Reply #4: June 08, 2009, 06:16:28 PM»
To me, the collar bones seem to angle up too sharply- however, her shoulders do seem to be shrugging, which would cause them to do that. I also seem to like drawing very long collarbone/neck lines, so it's all a matter of opinion. Gorgeous port, anyway. Matter's critique will be of great help to you, and everyone else has given great suggestions so far. This has the potential to be pretty awesome. :D

Offline alexandra

«Reply #5: June 09, 2009, 03:21:40 PM»
the bg of the moon is a tad annoying seeing as it throws the whole thing out of balance. it doesn't match the drawing, and the tiny illumination that sedde pointed out on the mouth and on the nose aren't coming from the moon as a light source.. so.. where are they coming from? Overall I think that this would make a great unremap portrait lol

Offline Typhlosion

«Reply #6: June 09, 2009, 03:49:14 PM»
the bg of the moon is a tad annoying seeing as it throws the whole thing out of balance. it doesn't match the drawing, and the tiny illumination that sedde pointed out on the mouth and on the nose aren't coming from the moon as a light source.. so.. where are they coming from? Overall I think that this would make a great unremap portrait lol
The light source is the hottub. And thanks for the BG idea btw. I'm just not sure what background the throw in there.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #7: June 09, 2009, 04:10:25 PM»
Are the broken black lines done on purpose as well? They offer a rough look to her straps there. As for the BG, maybe a night sky with a smaller moon? It would explain the lack of moon light.

Offline Typhlosion

«Reply #8: June 10, 2009, 08:29:17 AM»
Are the broken black lines done on purpose as well? They offer a rough look to her straps there. As for the BG, maybe a night sky with a smaller moon? It would explain the lack of moon light.
Yeah. I do that so it doesn't seem like there's as much black. It looks a lot better if the whole strap isn't outlined, but if still a hint of outline is given so it doesn't just seem like a white marking.