turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: question on port contests (unsure were to post this)  (Read 999 times)

Offline Macaw

question on port contests (unsure were to post this)
«: June 09, 2009, 09:01:24 AM»
ok, im new at all the "forum" shit, so i ask for help, would love to set up a contest as this place suggests, but how would i go about doing so? i have lifers needed and among other items. but i still have no idea what i should do, maybe give some suggestions here?

im a Macaw, and my mate/IRL BF is a parakeet, nothing more, nothing less.. im not sure how to go about setting up a contest such as this, and what prizes..

if i set one up, can i make it where all entries are made to be mine/para's and ours alone? or is it only one set port i can choose.. should i put up like for instance..

1st gets life "blah"
2nd place "blah"
3rd"blah"
and so on so forth...?

if possible, what would results be if i decided "all entries entered i would receive full ownership of even if not won" what would chances be if more/less entered.. just need heads up before i decide to post a contest, don't wanna waist my time as well as everyone eases who entered.. ya know?

Offline Sync

Re: question on port contests (unsure were to post this)
«Reply #1: June 09, 2009, 09:06:47 AM»
i kept all entries in my contest and received over 30 entries, with 100 dollar first place. my contest ran for two months and most of the entries were received during the second month.

Offline Macaw

«Reply #2: June 09, 2009, 09:16:34 AM»
i see, well, would be better if i hired judges? im unsure how to go about, and should i say "i have all rights to all entries?" cuz, thinking on a life kirin as prize, and lower items under, im unsure...

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: June 09, 2009, 09:22:24 AM»
yeah, i used more than just myself, mostly just my friends from random places. i think it helps if cased you're friends with an artist or your for some reason really, really like a certain style. helps give you a second opinion.

i don't really see a problem with keeping all entries, as most contests are doing that right now, and i think it's a bit unfair to the contest holder seeing as if i didn't keep all entries, i would've been shelling out $215 for seven pieces of art, which is a heck of a lot of money, and contests like this one, held by fox: http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?topic=7737.0 are getting a fair amount of attention with that policy. though depends on how you see it.

Offline Macaw

«Reply #4: June 09, 2009, 09:23:59 AM»
yea, thanks, maybe ill post it later, still need to think..

Offline Anarchy

«Reply #5: June 09, 2009, 11:38:59 AM»
I never enter contests where the holder keeps all entries.

Sesruc

«Reply #6: June 09, 2009, 01:06:41 PM»
I never enter contests where the holder keeps all entries.

seconded
i used to though, not anymore!
if i don't place i'd definitely like to have the option to edit & resell.

maybe this will help: http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?topic=182.0
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:08:39 PM by Sesruc »